Just how relieved are you right now?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:30:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Just how relieved are you right now?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just how relieved are you right now?  (Read 780 times)
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2016, 05:37:34 AM »

For a few uneasy days after Iowa, it seemed that Marco Rubio could actually become president of the United States. Huge relief to wake up from that nightmare.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 05:38:48 AM »

thankfully hillary clinton is a safe bet now Smiley
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 05:41:05 AM »

I always knew he was weak, inexperienced, and stupid, but it's a relief to know the American people will find out in February.

The GOP putting so much faith in him because he thought he was their "Obama" was so superficial and ridiculous, lol. The egg is on their face.
Lord of the Dome
Rookie
Australia

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 05:41:57 AM »

He's still gonna be the nominee. I'd give him, at a minimum, 40% of being the next president at this point.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 06:24:15 AM »

We need to dispel with this fiction that Marco Rubio doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 06:30:56 AM »

Very relieved. Rubio is a sefish neo-con who is too conservative and absolutely unfit to serve as president. But I wouldn't write him off yet. I think he'll make it until the Florida primary on March 15. Hopefully he's finsihed after TRUMP crushes him there.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 06:57:38 AM »

Unfortunately for him. Oscar nominations closed a few weeks ago.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 07:21:59 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2016, 07:23:46 AM by Stranger in a strange land »

He's still gonna be the nominee. I'd give him, at a minimum, 40% of being the next president at this point.

Rubio is exactly the type of candidate who looks great on paper but terrible in reality. These types of candidates fail because they're overly packaged, avoid taking on tough issues, and people see through it. If he somehow ends up being the nominee, how do you think he'll make it to November without a campaign-ending gaffe?
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 07:30:38 AM »

I thought that an empty suit was enough to win the nomination given how good he looked when speaking a planned 25 second speech and also Clinton being unpopular and Sanders being too radical. Fortunately he's too dumb to even be an empty suit. I seriously can't see how Cruz or Trump beat either Sanders or Clinton, and I can't see anyone else winning the nomination, so naturally this is an excellent development.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 07:44:14 AM »

I get such a thrill out of watching the so-called "electable" establishment candidates rip each other to shreads, leaving the likes of Trump and Cruz as the frontrunners.

This is too easy yet again. Congratulations President Clinton!
RedPrometheus

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 07:49:46 AM »

I think that Rubio still has a chance. I just don't see Trump performing well on Tuesday and Cruz is just to unpopular with establishment Republicans. Rubio has several problem, but he is still the most likely nominee in my opinion.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 08:36:45 AM »

I get such a thrill out of watching the so-called "electable" establishment candidates rip each other to shreads, leaving the likes of Trump and Cruz as the frontrunners.

This is too easy yet again. Congratulations President Clinton!

I'm not a Hillary supporter, but the sight of the Establishment Do-Boyz ripping each other up was priceless.  I visualize Reince Priebus rushing to the bathroom with diarrhea over the event. 

The GOP Establishment is getting what they deserve.  Instead of creating a reasonable, thoughtful conservative party, they fed the Beasts that clamored for Red Meat with their rhetoric, then acted shocked when the Trumps and Cruzes stole their thunder.  They decried the rise of Trump, but showed their ineptitude in trying to stop him.  I really am loving this.  The GOP Establishment really thinks it's THEIR country.  It's great to see them not taking the correction very well.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 10:06:04 AM »

I'm actually very relieved; the chances of the GOP winning in November probably just went down quite a bit assuming Rubio lost his momentum due to the debate.
Lord of the Dome
Rookie
Australia

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 10:34:24 AM »

Rubio is exactly the type of candidate who looks great on paper but terrible in reality. These types of candidates fail because they're overly packaged, avoid taking on tough issues, and people see through it. If he somehow ends up being the nominee, how do you think he'll make it to November without a campaign-ending gaffe?

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with any of that but at the same time this is happening too late with too few other palatable and practical alternatives for the establishment and moderate Republicans. Rubio's Iowa success earned him enough capital that he could survive a hit like this and probably another without it knocking him out.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 10:41:20 AM »
« Edited: February 07, 2016, 10:43:37 AM by BeccaM »

I wouldn't mind if he did survive this pathetic display at this point. There's no way he survives three one on one debates with Hillary Clinton and comes out unscathed. It would be absolutely delicious Smiley

After this, people would seriously even think twice about the risks of making him their running mate when he was thought to be the obvious choice before.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies