Gloriana Steinem : Young women are for Bernie as that's where the boys are
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:32:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Gloriana Steinem : Young women are for Bernie as that's where the boys are
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Gloriana Steinem : Young women are for Bernie as that's where the boys are  (Read 1664 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 11:54:07 AM »

When people say they're supporting someone because they're a woman, they're black, etc it's probably just an aspect about the candidate that excites them the most, and there's nothing wrong with that considering we're severely lagging behind in having a female head of state.

Fair enough.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Okay.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

...My 'stop the persecution of men' agenda...? Where did that come from? For the record, if Hillary were a man, she'd still be winning; it's just that there are certain outspoken members of her fanbase, like Gloria Steinem and Madeleine Albright here, who believe that any women who isn't voting for Clinton is actively working against women.
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2016, 11:56:16 AM »

It's quite obvious why this country hasn't had a woman president yet. Now that the frontrunner is a woman, the claws and rabid attacks are coming out. Anything to stop her!

Unfortunately for them, Hillary Clinton is strong enough to overcome everything thrown at her so she can endure the sexist attitudes, biases, and demeaning critiques. She's been enduring this stuff on the national stage for 25 years.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »

I don't think Gloria Steinem is the type to make a comment like that without having a good reason. Younger people do often have trivial reasons for taking particular action. For the most part Sanders has the support of younger voters because he's offering the moon.

You actually think she is right in saying that? Was that statement not disgusting ?

And people here criticize Bernie fans!!!! Hillary fans here are acting like Trump, i hope that is not the case with the millions who are not because with this attitude, a general will be impossible !

Like I said, she's not the type to make a statement like that without a good reason. Sanders fans go around calling Clinton names like bitch and whore, yet get offended when someone points out that some of his supporters might have a trivial reason for supporting him.

I have not seen any Sanders fan call her a bitch or a whore and I have seen many angry posts at her ( & we have thousands - We have threads calling for ban of all anti-Clinton posts, discussing about restraints so that we can focus on a pro-Sanders & focus on Canvassing, Phone Banking & helping him win - I am very anti-Hillary & I have never called her those things)

Those are your likely Clinton surrogates who  want to make Sanders fans look bad. What Sanders fans including me think is they she is BOUGHT by Corporates, Fake, Dishonest & a lier. And with good reason, backed up with logic & facts and a good section of media have similar views.

You have to realize what kind of a disgusting statement you made. You basically called all those women who support Bernie as sluts - they do that to get the boys.

You basically said they have no judgement, they can not take a decision on their own, they have no mind of their own - A disgusting Sexist comment
85% of young women voted for Bernie, they are all sluts, who go their for men?
It is sad that Hillary is running to be the 1st Woman President where her fans are calling 85% of young women as sluts & people who have no brain/are incapable of making a decision.

Calm down, no one said anybody was a slut. The fact of the matter is that young people are prone to following what their peers do because it's cool or trendy and that is quite common.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 11:57:56 AM »

I... what? I don't believe the majority of America is sexist. Honestly, I'd be perfectly fine with supporting a woman for president. It's just that Hillary is not the right one, in my opinion.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 12:02:56 PM »

There will be a woman President in 2020 with Elizabeth Warren(who will be VP in 2016), someone who is not bought, not a lier, not dishonest, not fake, not a flip flopper, not a failed secretary of state. A true capable, competent woman not someone whose supporters do not want to benefit 1 Family with unlimited power - The Clinton Family Dynasty in the name of feminism

Just because a women should be elected, you don't elect Hillary, someone whose supporters are sexist & call 85% of young women who vote for Democrats as sluts & mind-less creatures.

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2016, 12:06:31 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2016, 12:09:06 PM by Shadows »

I don't think Gloria Steinem is the type to make a comment like that without having a good reason. Younger people do often have trivial reasons for taking particular action. For the most part Sanders has the support of younger voters because he's offering the moon.

You actually think she is right in saying that? Was that statement not disgusting ?

And people here criticize Bernie fans!!!! Hillary fans here are acting like Trump, i hope that is not the case with the millions who are not because with this attitude, a general will be impossible !

Like I said, she's not the type to make a statement like that without a good reason. Sanders fans go around calling Clinton names like bitch and whore, yet get offended when someone points out that some of his supporters might have a trivial reason for supporting him.

I have not seen any Sanders fan call her a bitch or a whore and I have seen many angry posts at her ( & we have thousands - We have threads calling for ban of all anti-Clinton posts, discussing about restraints so that we can focus on a pro-Sanders & focus on Canvassing, Phone Banking & helping him win - I am very anti-Hillary & I have never called her those things)

Those are your likely Clinton surrogates who  want to make Sanders fans look bad. What Sanders fans including me think is they she is BOUGHT by Corporates, Fake, Dishonest & a lier. And with good reason, backed up with logic & facts and a good section of media have similar views.

You have to realize what kind of a disgusting statement you made. You basically called all those women who support Bernie as sluts - they do that to get the boys.

You basically said they have no judgement, they can not take a decision on their own, they have no mind of their own - A disgusting Sexist comment
It is sad that Hillary is running to be the 1st Woman President where her fans are calling 85% of young women as sluts & people who have no brain/are incapable of making a decision.

Calm down, no one said anybody was a slut. The fact of the matter is that young people are prone to following what their peers do because it's cool or trendy and that is quite common.

You can't twist this - how convenient a way to denigrate women?

Only Hillary Clinton is the epitome of female competence & 85% of young women are sluts(who do it to get boys) or because they don't have a brain to think of their own

Maybe you guys should deeply introspect why do so many independent & young people hate her?They have all followed the news & have seen Youtube videos of her  record & caught her bluff.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2016, 12:18:47 PM »

Only Hillary Clinton is the epitome of female competence & 85% of young women are sluts(who do it to get boys) or because they don't have a brain to think of their own

Maybe you guys should deeply introspect why do so many independent & young people hate her?They have all followed the news & have seen Youtube videos of her  record & caught her bluff.

Whatever you say. You are the one who used the word slut, not me. You are acting very off the rails.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2016, 12:19:47 PM »

Whatever you say. You are the one who used the word slut, not me. You are acting very off the rails.

Okay, okay, no need to fight. You're both wrong.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 12:20:46 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2016, 12:23:46 PM by Shadows »

I thought Clinton supporters too would speak out against such disgusting comments. I am actually shocked you guys are even trying to justify it!

We have many MANY young people rooting for Sanders & I can't tell you how disappointed they were to hear these comments.

Anyways cheers!!

Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2016, 02:19:53 PM »

This is one of the funniest things I have heard from this campaign.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 03:05:57 PM »

Ugh. I have a lot of respect for Steinem, this is really disappointing.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2016, 03:21:12 PM »

Ugh. I have a lot of respect for Steinem, this is really disappointing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgcHk9WpcJo&feature=youtu.be&t=15m30s

Funny part is that she called Bernie "an Honourary Woman" & a "Feminist" in 1996 when he ran against a female Republican. How times change from her endorsement then!!!

The Clinton Dynasty & the inevitable queen must rule !
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2016, 03:43:40 PM »

An "honorary woman"? Is that like an honorary Aryan?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2016, 02:21:01 AM »

Roll Eyes

Yes she does deserve more credit as the most qualified and experienced Democratic candidate in generations, which is the main reason she has such widespread support. But it's perfectly fine if her being a woman is the cherry on top for a lot of people. I'm so sorry it offends you so much when marginalized groups of society want to be represented.
Because that's totally what Hillary is going to do: represent marginalized groups. LOL.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2016, 02:28:17 AM »

I'm going to vote for Elizabeth Warren to become the first female president when Bernie Sanders dies in office.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2016, 02:28:35 AM »

a) It was a f***ing stupid thing for Steinem to say

b) Shadow... what is your actual MO to hang around here? Because so far, all you seem to do is unskew polls and try to pick fights.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2016, 03:16:43 AM »

b) Shadow... what is your actual MO to hang around here? Because so far, all you seem to do is unskew polls and try to pick fights.

The guy is obviously a sock. Why haven't the mods taken action yet that I don't know.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2016, 03:53:54 AM »
« Edited: February 08, 2016, 03:56:15 AM by Shadows »

a) It was a f***ing stupid thing for Steinem to say

What sort of a statement in this?

One of the reasons is people like you asking these questions or the disgusting posts by Landside, who feel Clinton family dynasty has natural right to rule the world & can't be questioned & called out on their corrupt persons.

I was a lurker here for long I could not believe how such morally bankrupt people exist. Trump supporters say " I could kill & my fans would support me" - but the same is true for Hillary's fans.

I will ensure that the truth is told & the other side of the story is also given merit!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2016, 04:32:37 AM »

Well Lyndon is a Papandreou supporter...

Anyway it's clear that many people are supporting Clinton are supporting her for tokenistic reasons; but just as equally many people are voting for Sanders for equally naive and tokenistic reason (the novelty of his "socialism" and instinctual anti-mainstream drives).
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2016, 04:55:11 AM »

I thought nobody remembered that. The only decent prime-minister this country had since 2004.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2016, 08:46:02 AM »

As I mull over the Clinton campaign's last couple of weeks, my sentiments about it only worsen. I can't remember another political candidacy that has come across so condescendingly toward younger voters.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2016, 08:53:26 AM »

As I mull over the Clinton campaign's last couple of weeks, my sentiments about it only worsen. I can't remember another political candidacy that has come across so condescendingly toward younger voters.

The Republican Party as a whole is pretty condescending.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2016, 11:52:52 AM »

Young people, having grown up in a time when women hold various leadership positions, are not as impressed by the thought of a woman President as older voters. Still, I believe that if (when?) Clinton wins the nomination, young Sanders supporters will rally to her.

Similarly, polls that show young voters being pro-life (as in anti-abortion) don't tell the whole story. Young voters do not remember a time when women died from illegal abortions; older voters do.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2016, 12:04:10 PM »

There's a special place in hell for Jews who do not support Bernie Sanders.

And Clinton has the nerve to call the backlash 'PC'.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2016, 12:50:35 PM »

I merely said that voting for somebody only because of their gender is bad, no matter what their gender is.

The thing is that no one actually does that, but of course, this debate only ever comes up when Hillary Clinton is running. It doesn't come up when other Democratic women or even Republican women run for office. Only when Hillary does. Ain't that just keen?

When a major pitch of the campaign is that it's time we elect a woman, it's a legitimate thing to talk about.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies