Chicago cop suing victims family
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:44:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Chicago cop suing victims family
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Chicago cop suing victims family  (Read 1669 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2016, 12:00:33 AM »

I would say the same about everyone else on here, jumping all over an officer who was just doing his job. Everything I've said has been true, and I'm not going to stop defending the police just because it upsets your and other peoples preconceived notions of them.

Or you are just so biased that anytime you see people saying the police went way beyond what is acceptable, or that it's their fault, you assume they are "unfairly jumping all over the cops no matter what".

Like I said, you can't see this stuff objectively. It's pretty clear from these posts and your past posts regarding basically anything involving police/prison/criminals.

Have you ever wondered why so many people distrust / hate the police now? I guess to you they must all be super biased and confused themselves. That's right - All those millions of people Wink
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2016, 12:07:49 AM »

I would say the same about everyone else on here, jumping all over an officer who was just doing his job. Everything I've said has been true, and I'm not going to stop defending the police just because it upsets your and other peoples preconceived notions of them.

Or you are just so biased that anytime you see people saying the police went way beyond what is acceptable, or that it's their fault, you assume they are "unfairly jumping all over the cops no matter what".

Like I said, you can't see this stuff objectively. It's pretty clear from these posts and your past posts regarding basically anything involving police/prison/criminals.

Have you ever wondered why so many people distrust / hate the police now? I guess to you they must all be super biased and confused themselves. That's right - All those millions of people Wink

Yeah, there are millions of people in this country who are confused and biased.  That wouldn't be the first time many Americans are wrong on an issue.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 12:28:23 AM »

Green Line how much of a weak-ass loser do you have to be to feel so threatened that you shoot somebody for swinging a baseball bat at you?
Have a grown man hit you with a baseball bat multiple times and then get back to me on how you're doing, ok?

Why is the officer standing still and letting the man hit him? Why is he not stepping back, avoiding him, and tazing him?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 12:37:25 AM »

Green Line how much of a weak-ass loser do you have to be to feel so threatened that you shoot somebody for swinging a baseball bat at you?
Have a grown man hit you with a baseball bat multiple times and then get back to me on how you're doing, ok?

Why is the officer standing still and letting the man hit him? Why is he not stepping back, avoiding him, and tazing him?
Because the cop has murderous intent and the power of the government behind him.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 12:42:28 AM »

Because the cop has murderous intent and the power of the government behind him.

"Murderous intent?"  I doubt Rialmo woke up that day and planned on killing a 17 year old.  Every officer just wants to go home safe at the end of the day, and they're not going to risk that by playing paddy cake with a guy swinging a lethal weapon at him.  That's murderous intent.  Tasers are not guaranteed to stop a man.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2016, 01:00:36 AM »

"Murderous intent?"  I doubt Rialmo woke up that day and planned on killing a 17 year old.  Every officer just wants to go home safe at the end of the day, and they're not going to risk that by playing paddy cake with a guy swinging a lethal weapon at him.  That's murderous intent.  Tasers are not guaranteed to stop a man.

If the stresses of moving out of the way of a baseball bat and using non-lethal force to stop the wielder are too much, you probably shouldn't be a police officer or anywhere near a job requiring higher cognitive functioning.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2016, 01:13:08 AM »

If the stresses of moving out of the way of a baseball bat and using non-lethal force to stop the wielder are too much, you probably shouldn't be a police officer or anywhere near a job requiring higher cognitive functioning.
Exactly.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2016, 02:56:33 AM »

Don't forget the will of a ridiculously large and delusional flock of Americans who support any and all hostile actions taken by police, as a reassuring, passive way for them to engage in racism by proxy.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2016, 03:01:59 AM »

But we have to remember, guys. His life was on the line. This was totally a life or death situation. This guy has an entire baseball bat, which as we all know is totally equally as deadly as your standard-issue police pistol.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2016, 04:27:55 AM »

When someone swings a baseball bat at you and is trying to kill you, you shoot them.  Rialmo hasn't been arrested and has done nothing wrong.

It's kind of funny how insanely & blatantly biased in favor of police you are. Why do you even comment on this stuff? We all know you'll cherry pick whatever the version of the events the cops gave and blame everything on the people they killed.

I would say the same about everyone else on here, jumping all over an officer who was just doing his job.  Everything I've said has been true, and I'm not going to stop defending the police just because it upsets your and other peoples preconceived notions of them.

i would have thought that a police officer's job is to protect people, not to murder them. but maybe that's different  in america idk
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2016, 07:17:36 PM »

When someone swings a baseball bat at you and is trying to kill you, you shoot them.  Rialmo hasn't been arrested and has done nothing wrong.

It's kind of funny how insanely & blatantly biased in favor of police you are. Why do you even comment on this stuff? We all know you'll cherry pick whatever the version of the events the cops gave and blame everything on the people they killed.

I would say the same about everyone else on here, jumping all over an officer who was just doing his job.  Everything I've said has been true, and I'm not going to stop defending the police just because it upsets your and other peoples preconceived notions of them.

i would have thought that a police officer's job is to protect people, not to murder them. but maybe that's different  in america idk
I mean, they do have a right to protect themselves too. Whether that applies to this situation is up to debate.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2016, 07:18:35 PM »

But we have to remember, guys. His life was on the line. This was totally a life or death situation. This guy has an entire baseball bat, which as we all know is totally equally as deadly as your standard-issue police pistol.
Ok. Next time he'll pull down his pants and spread his pants for him, right?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2016, 07:32:31 PM »

Some people are into that.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2016, 08:44:47 PM »

Fantasy of yours?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2016, 10:08:39 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2016, 10:15:30 PM by Green Line »

I'd like to see any of you in here talking **** get attacked with a baseball bat and not fire back.  The cops on the south and west side are in extremely stressful environments, and this year is looking to be a particularly bad year for violence in Chicago.  Cops are not expected to give up their lives for the sake of a criminal with a weapon who is attacking them.  And yes, if someone hits you hard enough in the head with a bat you WILL die.

Also, the majority of Chicago cops don't have tasers on them.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2016, 10:27:39 PM »

Ok. Next time he'll pull down his pants and spread his cheeks for him, right?

Fantasy of yours?
No. The only cop related fantasy I have involves you getting the Rodney King treatment.

Ouch. It's unfortunate that me having a different opinion than you causes you such angst and results in you having really weird fantasies about me, but I suppose expecting rational thought from you is a little bit too much.

I'd like to see any of you in here talking **** get attacked with a baseball bat and not fire back.  The cops on the south and west side are in extremely stressful environments, and this year is looking to be a particularly bad year for violence in Chicago.  Cops are not expected to give up their lives for the sake of a criminal with a weapon who is attacking them.  And yes, if someone hits you hard enough in the head with a bat you WILL die.

So Chicago cops aren't given tasers. Why? Are they expected to either arrest somebody who doesn't resist or shoot them with no in between? In the majority of cases, a taser in the hands of a trained cop (seems like a rarity these days, I know) is able to disarm a suspect or incapacitate them without killing them.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2016, 10:31:55 PM »
« Edited: February 22, 2016, 10:37:01 PM by Green Line »

Ok. Next time he'll pull down his pants and spread his cheeks for him, right?

Fantasy of yours?
No. The only cop related fantasy I have involves you getting the Rodney King treatment.

Ouch. It's unfortunate that me having a different opinion than you causes you such angst and results in you having really weird fantasies about me, but I suppose expecting rational thought from you is a little bit too much.

I'd like to see any of you in here talking **** get attacked with a baseball bat and not fire back.  The cops on the south and west side are in extremely stressful environments, and this year is looking to be a particularly bad year for violence in Chicago.  Cops are not expected to give up their lives for the sake of a criminal with a weapon who is attacking them.  And yes, if someone hits you hard enough in the head with a bat you WILL die.

So Chicago cops aren't given tasers. Why? Are they expected to either arrest somebody who doesn't resist or shoot them with no in between? In the majority of cases, a taser in the hands of a trained cop (seems like a rarity these days, I know) is able to disarm a suspect or incapacitate them without killing them.

The city has about 700 tasers (for about 12,000 officers) in their arsenal, and only 1 in 5 officers are certified to use one.  They are not cheap and Chicago is in a budget crunch.  Tasers are not perfect, anyway.  They often malfunction, so putting your life in its hand is not advisable.  They work for police in Europe but that's an entirely different animal.  They dont face the kind of things CPD faces.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2016, 01:53:48 AM »

I'd love to see Green Line defend shooting the unarmed neighbor too. I mean she probably deserved it.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies