What with Mars?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:46:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What with Mars?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What with Mars?  (Read 324 times)
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 26, 2016, 02:09:08 PM »

Feel free to tell what you would do with that...

Personally, I sometimes found the perspective of a 'terraformation', dunno how you would translate that into English, 'earthization', it's the fact to change it into 'une terre' (an earth), through a greenhouse effect for example, or something.

Wonder if one day there gonna be some 'rover fights' on it (waiting for the Russian ones!), or something too...

Or you can feel free to wonder why you have several ways to refer to 'Mars' in English, I was personally.

Mars for the planet, Mars for the 'God of War', but March for the month, while in French it's all the same word, 'Mars', and also where on Earth did this Tuesday came from, while in French it's, logically, Mardi.

This doesn't really answer to the 1st interrogation, while this would answer the second.

But, the main point of that thread is because I remembered about that post:

Come, now. As a Southerner, I'm sure that you would really quite enjoy Scottish cuisine...
Not familiar with other than Haggis. Please elaborate.

They fry everything. Everything. Fact.

First time I had seen it I don't remember wether my first reaction had been 'waaah, insaaane', or, 'waaah I wanna tryyy', but it stayed stuck in my mind.

So, lately, since I've been using frying a lot to cook, and tried the most different things I could Grin, this popped again to my mind, and when I saw those Mars bars in Lidl it was 'now or never!'.

So, just tried, and really, nothing exceptional.

For the dough, I only used water and average white flour, won't screw an egg and milk for that, this uses to be enough to fry some fruit pieces, and I did a thick enough one, recipes tell to make a more or less liquid one but I feared the chocolate melt in the oil and thus screw it.

So the result is an hot Mars bar lost into fried dough, which isn't bad but really not worth annoying yourself with all of that.

Well, not clear pic, but maybe better than the rather unsexy ones you can have about that

That being said, sine it remained me 2 mars bars, after having fried a full one, I tried to cut the other one in pieces to fry it with the same kind of dough, and really found it better, more melted too, but, still, lots of time, flour, and oil, for less than 5 mins in the mouth.

Well, at one point some chocolate always manages to leave in the oil, and once it begins to happen your oil begins to badly smoke and, heck, thus the black unsexy stuffs on it, well, no consequence on the taste if you quickly stop it.

A while ago, I had tried some different combinations of stuffs with some microwaved Mars, and really far worthier and speeder and more or less the same result for the taste, without all the oil and stuff.

A good one had been: microwaved Mars + apricots in syrup + slightly covered of some red fruit syrup, strawberry maybe.

But, the best way to have some Mars is in the coffee.

You cut more or less thin slices of it, you put it in your hot coffee, don't stir your spoon in the coffee after you did that, just let it melt a bit, drink the first half of your coffee, then, you can have your half melt pieces of Mars with your spoon.

The half melt chocolate and caramel with the taste of hot coffee is just greaaat.

And then you can finish your coffee, in order not to finish with a too sweet taste in the mouth and wash caramel from the teeth. Grin

That being said, that is, if you can still find some Mars bars anywhere near you.

One problem in one factory, problems in 55 countries, 'lol industry'.

Personally, I had bought mine before that fuss, and anyhow I would have eaten them. Tongue

But, anyhow, gosh, all those Mars things might only become a memory for me now, since, well, after having eaten them, I did read the list of ingredients, and, outside of the fact that it's crazy the number of different milk transformations you can find in it, well, at some point, even if it was kinda in the end, there was also written 'matière grasse de palme'.

So, unless they change that, I fear the rest of my life won't include Mars, at least under it's chocolate bar version, anymore...

Was maybe my fav chocolate bar, along with Bounty, for the few I had anyhow.

Still up to invade the planet though. ^^

Still up to try fried pizza too. ^^

You can also feel free to go with 'Opinion of Mars' (whichever you want), the way you would have it, of frying (whatever you want), or with whatever you wanna connect this to.

angus
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 02:13:43 PM »

We usually use the gerund form, terraforming.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies