The Atlasian Journal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:09:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: The Atlasian Journal  (Read 7962 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2016, 10:46:36 PM »

I urge the Atlasian Journal to verify these latest reports. 1600 jihadists in Dearborn? According to a report by the Brookings Institution there are 400 pro-ISIL accounts on Twitter belonging to users in the US, which, even if we multiply that by four, is not enough to get that many jihadists shooting at police in a single place. Most Arabs and other people of Middle Eastern descent in Metro Detroit, are, in fact, Maronite, Chaldean, Orthodox, or other denominations of Christianity. According to a 2004 report by the Institute for Social Policy and Understanding 125-200,000 Muslims are registered with mosques in Metro Detroit, only 8% of which can be described as Salafi/Wahabi. These figures, if true would require over 1% of all Muslims in Metro Detroit-- 2.5% of all Muslim males-- to be armed jihadists in insurrection against the government.

Only the most myopic view of American Islam would regard the above scenario as plausible. If the described events have indeed taken place, it is highly likely that the number of participants has been overstated by initial reports.

However, there would be a potential leader in the radical Dearborn-based cleric Musa Ahmed Jibril, a well-known preacher of intolerance towards non-Muslims and supporter of ISIL, who spent six years in prison for tax evasion and money laundering. While Jibril was expelled from a mosque for his hateful rhetoric, is now on probation, and is facing new investigations, he remains active on social media and his followers continue to circulate his messages. Perhaps his role should be investigated, and, if necessary, he and other radical Salafi/Wahabi preachers should be taken into preventive detention until their role in recent events can be fully ascertained, or, to quote a certain non-Atlasian demagogue, "until we can figure out what's going on."

Regardless, I must seriously question the veracity of these latest initial reports.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2016, 10:14:36 AM »

Isnt' the Secretary of state only allowed to publish 'foreign' news stories
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 10:16:55 AM »

The stories are on foreign policy, and Enduro seems to have allowed it.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2016, 10:17:17 AM »

Isnt' the Secretary of state only allowed to publish 'foreign' news stories
This has all been allowed by Enduro.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2016, 10:54:58 AM »

Classic Conservative expressed interest in writing some stories in the aftermath of the attack, I allowed him to do so; I will also add that this specific storyline could be considered foreign policy, as well as domestic policy.

Furthermore, in the next update, I will have updated numbers on Dearborn. My intention was to have fluctuating numbers, and unsure reports on the force of militants. I know some have raised concerns on this particular issue, just thought I would clarify myself.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2016, 11:43:12 AM »

I've been very busy, I apologize. Expect the update tonight.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2016, 11:45:32 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2016, 11:47:22 AM by Ted Bessell, Bass God of the West »

I've been very busy, I apologize. Expect the update tonight.

Thanks! Can't wait to hear the news out of San Fran and Dearborn!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2016, 04:02:38 PM »

Does the Brussels attack apply here?

Also, what's the current status regarding Cuba? Have any regional governors ever made historic, ground-breaking visits there?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2016, 04:22:36 PM »

Also, what's the current status regarding Cuba? Have any regional governors ever made historic, ground-breaking visits there?
That would apply under my jurisdiction, I will have a full report on that in a few hours.

And we have had normalized relations with Cuba for a while now.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2016, 04:46:39 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2016, 11:22:37 PM by Governor Leinad »

That would apply under my jurisdiction, I will have a full report on that in a few hours.

Alright, good. Well, not the attack, of course, but the fact that our SoS is on the ball.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ah, that's what I suspected, just wanted an update on that.

Edit: are/our, Leinad! Wow...I was not on the ball when writing that sentence...
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2016, 09:28:24 PM »

Here's the promised update.

Original Militants found
Local law enforcement received an anonymous tip, and when it was found out that it was the original 20 ISIS soldiers who perpetrated the attack on the Red Cross water supply shipment they contacted the National Guard. In Barstow, CA, a short firefight ensued; three of the militants were killed, and the rest easily apprehended. No Atlasians were injured in the raid.

Los Angeles Riot Calms
The riot involving 10,000 individuals, which nearly took over the Capitol building, was put down, and order was restored. Over 150 men, women, and children were unfortunately killed, but many KKK members, and Sharia law activists were arrested. Nearly $12 million of damage were inflicted on the city.

Water Reached California
A massive operation, spearheaded by the Red Cross, got over 200 gallons of water to the state of California, and that's just what the Red Cross was able to do. That, combined with several rain storms, has given Governor Bessell a temporary solution to the drought.

The Battle of Dearborn
After initial reports suggest 1,600 Jihadists invaded the town of Dearborn, MI, we've come with a more accurate number of attackers: 80 ISIL soldiers were bolstered by 50 radical Muslims who took up their cause when the fighting begun. ISIS was able to capture almost all of the town, killing nearly all of the police force, early on; then the remaining police officers dug in, and halted their advance. A lull in fighting between the two factions didn't mean the battle was over. ISIS then turned against civillians, terrorizing innocents, we have unconfirmed reports that ISIS has killed over 40 bystanders, 10 by beheading.

Actions in the South
6 ISiS militants were found in Jacksonville, FL, reports are they were planning on smuggling several more ISIS members through the Texas border, and Florida, then launch a large scale attack on three separate locations in Florida. These plans were used against them as those smuggling paths were blocked, and an additional 15 militants are in the custody of the Southern National Guard.

Also, Women United have revealed that they "gave ISIS a taste of their own medicine" by decapitating a pro-ISIS Muslim man who had no known connections with the terrorist group.

Actions in the Northeast
10 members of ISIS were apprehended while they tried to initiate a campaign against the Atlasian people, these members were recruited in Atlasia. Several White supremacists were apprehended before they could initiate a hanging of three Muslim people.

Battle at a Mosque
In some other news, KKK members tried to forcibly shut down a mosque in San Diego, fighting broke out for a short time, but between the White Supremacists, and other White Christians who jumped to the defense of the Muslims worshipping. Local law enforcement quickly gained control before any serious injuries.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2016, 11:48:49 PM »

Statement on Events in the South and Elsewhere Relating to the ISIS Crisis:

[Transcript of Governor Leinad's words to the press after today's Atlasian Journal reports.]

Ladies and gentlemen, today, I can report that twenty-one militants believed to be part of the so-called "Islamic State," Daesh, or ISIL, have been captured in the South. These militants are currently in custody. Six of them were found in Florida, where I visited yesterday and spoke at a mosque, and the other fifteen were found attempting to cross into the border in Texas. Once again, all of these militants are under custody, and the Southern National Guard is working diligently with the Federal government to keep this region safe by following leads and using our intelligence to stop attacks before they happen.

Likewise, a group of troublemakers calling themselves "Women United" have decapitated a man with sympathies to the terrorists, yet no connections beyond that. First of all, this group of what I originally thought were merely leftists troublemakers do not speak for all women, nor do they speak for all Southerners, and they definitely do not have the authority to do things like this. They are not the police, they are not the national guard. If you want to help in the mission to end radical terrorism, good, but don't take the law into your own hands in this manner.

I have also heard reports of of a terrorist attack in Belgium, although the information is sketchy at this moment, given that the State Department has not released a report as of yet. I've heard it was a bad one, and my condolences go out to the people of Belgium after this tragic attack, should the reports prove true.

I also offer condolences to the Mideast, specifically Dearborn, Michigan. An Atlasian city was turned into a war-zone, further emphasizing the horrid lengths of this crisis.

And to the Pacific as well, which is still suffering from the St. Patrick's Day attack, and is now suffering further from deadly riots in Los Angeles. I plan to go to several locations in the region with Governor Bessell, Speaker Haslam, and perhaps others for events led by Northeast Lieutenant Governor Smith, as we continue, as a society, our efforts to heal the wounds left by the actions of these evil-doers.

Let me leave you all with a simple message: we must defeat radical terrorism. And while military intervention, I'm afraid, is necessary on some level to stop this organized force, we will only defeat the violence through peace. We must discourage religious extremism, we must discourage violence of all kinds, we must not respond to hatred by more hatred, but by practicing the peaceful, liberal democratic views this Republic holds as it's highest value. The goal is not merely to defeat the terrorists just to do so, but to live in a free society. As always, the South is doing our best to make that job as easy as possible for the citizens. I encourage everyone to keep living their own life. Stay informed, stay safe, but stay free. As long as there is liberty in this nation, the terrorists will never win.

Thank you, good night.

-Leinad
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2016, 08:51:57 AM »

200 gallons of water? Are we that short?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2016, 09:35:04 AM »

Is The Battle of Dearborn over with or are we still in crisis?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2016, 09:36:47 AM »

Is The Battle of Dearborn over with or are we still in crisis?

Still in crisis
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2016, 09:38:42 AM »

200 gallons of water? Are we that short?

200 gallons of water got to the coast, that doesn't necessarily mean that's how much you needed.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2016, 07:56:32 PM »

Only 200? If we desperately need 200 gallons of water then we must have literally none at all.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2016, 08:56:22 PM »

wait why is a pro-womens right group fighting terrorists?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2016, 09:04:20 PM »

At this point, I wouldn't call them even a pro-women's rights group. They are now some sort of wierd feminazi group that has threatened the life of Haslam and Pingvin.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2016, 11:37:47 PM »

I was also wondering that. They apparently have a lot of time on their hands to expand their horizons with new activities.

My best guess is they need a hobby. Or maybe a Netflix subscription.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2016, 11:38:54 PM »

They already have a hobby. Unfortunately, it's the wrong one.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2016, 02:49:04 PM »

Radical Religion War Update.

Battle of Dearborn
Previously, local law enforcement held the line on Wyomimg Ave, now, because of a night time attack. The only thing in ISIS way of attacking Detroit is a lack of troops. That seems like it won't be a problem at all soon, 15 militants arrived before the night time attack. More reinforcements is expected, and ISIS will march soon.

Mosque event
Two attempts to kill the various politicians attending the mosque today were foiled. The first was by the KKK who intended to plant a bomb, but was stopped by local law enforcement. The second, was by 4, previously unknown, ISIS militants. They charged at the politicians, but were foiled. Governor Blair reportedly organized his security into eliminating 3 ISIS militants. While, Governor Bessell, and Lt. Governor Smith helped two individuals who were harmed until police arrived. The last militant was reportedly shot in the leg by Speaker Haslam himself, and Governor Leinad had been the first to notice the militants, warning everyone, and preventing casualties. Senator POTUS had been the one that made sure worship services continued despite the attack.

Oregon Priest Kidnapped
Oregon Police are reporting that Father Richard Tourven of Bend, Oregon was kidnapped last evening at his church's rectory late last night. Sources inside the Pacific Government believe that ISIS militants who are part of a supposed ISIS cell in Bend have captured Fr. Tourven and have brought him to an unknown location. This comes after ISIS has captured a Yemeni Priest who is supposedly being murdered today. We will have more news as it develops. (This story was co developed by CC)

ISIS Claims to be Planning Large Scale Assualt on the Northeast
Potential targets include Philadelphia, and New York. They claim to have 100 fighters, but the number is most likely fabricated.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2016, 02:51:58 PM »

The last militant was reportedly shot in the leg by Speaker Haslam himself

Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2016, 04:52:03 PM »

XDDDD ATLASIA  YA
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2016, 09:14:33 PM »

Oregon Priest Crucified by ISIS on Good Friday

Around 3 PM in the Pacific, members of an ISIS cell in Atlasia published a video of the crucifixion of Father Richard Tourven. The video which shows Father Tourven, being brutally beaten at the hands of ISIS militants and being nailed to a cross that is shaped like that Roman Catholic Cross. An unidentifiable ISIS militant says that multiple attacks against Christians may happen over this Easter Weekend. The militants said in the video, "we will crush you and rape your women this weekend and Allah will reign supreme." The body of Father Tourven is has been found in a Bend a Cemetery just a few moments ago.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies