The Atlasian Journal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:57:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: The Atlasian Journal  (Read 7969 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2016, 09:57:05 PM »

This update will be completely free of the Radical Religion War, we'll resume coverage of that shortly.

Space Race 2
While a plan from NASA to put a base on Mars is waiting for President Griffin's approval, private corporation Space Inc. has officially adopted the plan, and, because of Microsoft's recent purchase of the company, they now have the funding for such a project, and is now in the early stages of implementing it.
China has announced that they will have a fully functioning colony on Mars by 2020.
Space isn't the only thing being colonized, the Mayor of New York City has announced a plan to put some housing underwater in the Hudson River.

(Ok, I know it's short, but I wanted to get something out today. Expect something bigger Monday night... Probably)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2016, 10:34:35 AM »

Apologies for the delay, but the next update will come in the form of several "leaks" to newspapers.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2016, 09:55:36 PM »

Update on the Radical Religion War:

Dearborn Forces Launch Attack on Detroit
3 ISIS suicide bombers killed 185 in several locations in Detroit. It has been confirmed that the 3 members of ISIS were originally from the force occupying Dearborn; the original 80 ISIS militants were bolstered by 40 reinforcements. They've taken the rest of Dearborn, and rules with an iron fist. Also, about 10 of these militants launched probing assaults in Melvindale to the south of their territory.

ISIS Attack on Greenwhich Fails
Some 15 ISIS militants had launched an assault on Greenwhich, hoping to begin occupation of it similar to Dearborn. It didn't go as planned, and the locals took up arms before they could cause any real damage, the national guard soon took over the situation, but the militants were already subdued with no Atlasian being harmed.

Women United Denies Beheading
They claim that they were set up by people who are not a part of the organization. They said they would never "advocate violence, much less attack anyone."
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #78 on: April 04, 2016, 12:56:01 AM »

these numbers seem a tad unrealistic
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2016, 01:20:46 AM »

All I can say: lol
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2016, 11:35:37 AM »

There are 30,000-100,000 ISIS fighters, and they've been smuggling fighters in for long time now, and have gotten good at it. I made a promise that if things were ignored it'll get worse, the only change the numbers are going to get is an increase if the status quo continues.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2016, 11:54:45 AM »

There are 30,000-100,000 ISIS fighters, and they've been smuggling fighters in for long time now, and have gotten good at it. I made a promise that if things were ignored it'll get worse, the only change the numbers are going to get is an increase if the status quo continues.

Where are they specifically coming from? The 30.000 (which is the highest figure) are in Iraq/Syria, and despite the myth in some circles there is border security in both Canada and Mexico. I can't see any feasibility to the idea of ISIS fighters being shipped over as if it's D-Day.

Where are they getting reinforcements from?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2016, 01:31:08 PM »

Where are they specifically coming from? The 30.000 (which is the highest figure) are in Iraq/Syria, and despite the myth in some circles there is border security in both Canada and Mexico. I can't see any feasibility to the idea of ISIS fighters being shipped over as if it's D-Day.

Sleeper agents in Atlasia; they've been planning the takeover of Dearborn for awhile, because of it's close proximity to Detroit, which is, in their opinion, the weakest major city in Atlasia. They thought they could capture it after the suicide bombers. Didn't go as planned, and they called the sleeper agents to the defense of the city as they plan their next move.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2016, 01:52:47 PM »

Sleeper agents in Atlasia; they've been planning the takeover of Dearborn for awhile, because of it's close proximity to Detroit, which is, in their opinion, the weakest major city in Atlasia. They thought they could capture it after the suicide bombers. Didn't go as planned, and they called the sleeper agents to the defense of the city as they plan their next move.

It's just completely unprecedented; the only thing that comes close is the Mumbai shootings that were settled after 2 two days- you're making it out as if we're fighting the Battle of Moscow here
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2016, 02:12:11 PM »

It's just completely unprecedented; the only thing that comes close is the Mumbai shootings that were settled after 2 two days- you're making it out as if we're fighting the Battle of Moscow here

I don't want it to be like the Battle of Moscow, I want the militants in Dearborn dead already, but I made a promise.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2016, 02:38:03 PM »

At least Kalwejt's outlandish events were fun.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #86 on: April 05, 2016, 02:30:25 AM »

Same old story, same old response. I long for a day when people just let the GM do his job and stop nitpicking him to death every time he gets creative. Yet this has been the same response every time the GM has done anything as far back as 2009. I stood by Adam when he wanted to pal around with ET, I will stand by Enduro paling around with terrists.

Considering the chaos Atlasia has been in the past year, I wouldn't consider the presence unlrealistic and even at substantial numbers. Perhaps not quite those numbers, but these are minor details as they say.

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #87 on: April 05, 2016, 10:11:36 AM »

Same old story, same old response. I long for a day when people just let the GM do his job and stop nitpicking him to death every time he gets creative. Yet this has been the same response every time the GM has done anything as far back as 2009. I stood by Adam when he wanted to pal around with ET, I will stand by Enduro paling around with terrists.

Considering the chaos Atlasia has been in the past year, I wouldn't consider the presence unlrealistic and even at substantial numbers. Perhaps not quite those numbers, but these are minor details as they say.

Thank you very much.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2016, 06:21:51 PM »

Dearborn Liberated!!
After several weeks of the residents of Dearborn, MI, being terrorized by members of the ISIS group, they can now rest easy. 40 ISIS militants launched an attack on Detroit, they were met by Atlasian soldiers mobilized by President Griffin. After the successful defense of Detroit, they immediately launched a counter attack into the ISIS occupied territory. Every ISIS militant was eliminated.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »

Dearborn Liberated!!
After several weeks of the residents of Dearborn, MI, being terrorized by members of the ISIS group, they can now rest easy. 40 ISIS militants launched an attack on Detroit, they were met by Atlasian soldiers mobilized by President Griffin. After the successful defense of Detroit, they immediately launched a counter attack into the ISIS occupied territory. Every ISIS militant was eliminated.

Hallelujah!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2016, 06:34:41 PM »

Thank God!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2016, 11:08:11 PM »

Wonderful news for the people of Michigan and all Atlasia!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2016, 05:17:37 PM »

Here is an unemployment update for you.

Northeast 7.8% (up .4%)
South 8.2% (up .3%)
Midwest 9.0% (up .3%)
Mideast 8.4% (up 1%)
Pacific 10.5% (up 1.2%)
Nationwide 8.7% (up .6%)

The recent ISIS assaults have caused a huge spike in unemployment. The Pacific, and the Mideast have seen the largest growth in unemployment, people simply didn't feel safe in California or Michigan; not to mention, business owners had a hard time selling things with a war unfolding within our borders, leading to layoffs so they could survive the crises. With ISIS out of Atlasia, we should expect the numbers to begin to drop again.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2016, 09:32:58 AM »
« Edited: April 19, 2016, 09:36:06 AM by Enduro »

This is the last update before I go into my previously announced LOA.

Economic trouble
Several small businesses have shut down in the wake of the tragedies in Michigan, and Las Angeles. In fact, the number of small business owners is at a decade low. One economist says "free market will work, but it'll need a jump start. If it doesn't get a jump start, the economy will collapse." Several large businesses are looking to sell themselves. (If you are interested in being an owner of a business, PM for a list of companies you can buy, the PM might be a little bit delayed)

New mayors for LA and NY
Katie Hall pulled an upset victory in the mayoral race. Taking 50% of the vote, she says her first act would be to talk to Governor Ted Besselll, if he'll meet with her, about rebuilding the city after the riots.
Also, a link to the NY mayor, and the now defunct hate personality Jimbo, has leaked on the Internet; he has denied any connection, and a recall vote is scheduled to take place this Friday.

Nation heals
10,000 Christians, and Muslims held a picnic in the outskirts of Dallas, TX, this impromptu event led to both religions practicing each other's for a day.

Ok, it's a bit short, but the whole "you can buy a company thing" is to open up a new aspect of the game: business ownership. If I don't hold the legal qualifications to do this, then consider it vetoed, but I think it'll be really fun. I'm going to start with entertainment companies only, because I know that industry better than all the others, when I get better at it, I'll introduce other industries.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2016, 07:35:13 PM »

Ok, it's a bit short, but the whole "you can buy a company thing" is to open up a new aspect of the game: business ownership. If I don't hold the legal qualifications to do this, then consider it vetoed, but I think it'll be really fun. I'm going to start with entertainment companies only, because I know that industry better than all the others, when I get better at it, I'll introduce other industries.
That's an interesting idea! Out of curiosity, what would "owning a company" entail?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2016, 07:41:06 PM »

I'll gladly met with Mrs. Hall, and once the Legislative session gets rolling I'll introduce legislation appropriating regional money to rebuild the city. Additionally, I have an infrastructure privatization bill waiting in the wings that should create some serious jobs, and other programs a bit further down the pipeline as well.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2016, 08:20:27 PM »

Since when were elections scheduled in NYC and LA?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2016, 09:09:23 PM »

That's an interesting idea! Out of curiosity, what would "owning a company" entail?

Business will mainly be done through PMs, and reacting to the news. You're welcome to open up an official thread if you decide to buy one.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2016, 09:11:36 PM »

Since I said so, when you show me the law that says the GM's office does not have jurisdiction over elections that aren't played out in the voting booth child board, I'll recant the story.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2016, 09:13:01 PM »

Since I said so, when you show me the law that says the GM's office does not have jurisdiction over elections that aren't played out in the voting booth child board, I'll recant the story.

Unless you're just asking when that was announced, I actually came up with the story last night.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies