The Atlasian Journal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:33:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Journal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Journal  (Read 7980 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2016, 10:30:05 PM »

Sorry for the delay, expect an update tomorrow-ish.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2016, 09:51:41 PM »

Controversial Movie Tops Box Office
A movie directed by an anonymous director, most likely a guy who wants to disown the project, has reached the top of the box office because of the controversy surrounding it. The film, titled "Death is Inevitable", featured a lot of violence, several instances of nazi symbolism, and some precieved racism and sexism. While pulled from nearly 50% of the theatres it was set to play in, the movie still managed a $12.8 million opening weekend, the largest single weekend for a film since the ISIS attacks.

Nation Awaits Unemployment Report
Several Atlasian politicians, economists, and citizens await the unemployment report to see if their efforts to save the economy has paid off; the report will be released with the next edition of The Atlasian Journal.

Private Space Company Announces Delay
Space inc has officially announced a delay in their plan to put a base on Mars. Giving President Griffin some time to approve the Mars plan before Space inc can finish their project. Meanwhile, China's colony continues to move forward without a hitch; recent developments have put them ahead of schedule, and now the colony is looking like it'll be established 2018-2019 instead of 2020.

Last, but not least, The Atlasian Journal encourages the people to look into the possibility of owning a company. We've had several citizens inquire, but no official offers yet.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: May 16, 2016, 12:51:35 PM »

Quick update regarding the situation with Arizona, and the new constitution:

Arizona, after the reveal that they're excluded from the constitution, is divided into two groups. One group welcomes the unexpected change, others want the constitution amended immediately.

As of right now, a meeting has been held, appointing a interim president of the Republic of Arizona. While the man's identity has not been revealed to us, rumors suggest that someone born outside of the nation, and moved to the state when the news came out has been appointed. The location of the meeting was also kept secret, but it seems that most of the 2 and a half hour meeting was dedicated to discussing war strategies.

The other group, the loyalists, held a meeting of their own, in which they penned three letters. One to President Griffin, requesting he step in to change the wording; another to Governor Bessell, requesting he step in to suppress further rebellion before it gets out of hand; the last to, what they called, the insurrectionists, warning them to stand down, or face consequences.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2016, 12:22:02 PM »

With the passing of the Constitution, I'm out of a job. Congress needs to pass a bill creating the GM position before anything happens relating to this job, because, technically, the GM position doesn't exist, just the Game Engine that congress will determine what it is in the future, and stay tuned to hear about what's next for The Atlasian Journal.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2016, 12:23:03 PM »

You have done a wonderful job my friend!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2016, 01:03:44 PM »

With the passing of the Constitution, I'm out of a job. Congress needs to pass a bill creating the GM position before anything happens relating to this job, because, technically, the GM position doesn't exist, just the Game Engine that congress will determine what it is in the future, and stay tuned to hear about what's next for The Atlasian Journal.
The Fourth Constitution won't take effect until after the new Congress is seated so, technically, you're still GM.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2016, 07:55:35 PM »

I'm not sure I mentioned this before, so I'm going to say it while I'm still GM. Nyman Weekly has purchased the exclusive broadcast rights to the 2016 summer olympics.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies