The Atlasian Journal (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:37:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Journal (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Atlasian Journal  (Read 8010 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: February 10, 2016, 12:30:42 AM »

Great work, Enduro! Keep it up! Smiley

In the South, a pro choice activist group has called for Speaker Haslam to resign. The group is reported to be planning political repercussions if he doesn't.

Haslam's been a key part in rejuvenating the South, it's silly to call for him to resign due to opinions on just one issue.

BREAKING...

Eric Wilson, the man made famous by a shirt, has been killed. After a hunting trip with Secretary of State Classic Conservative, he went home to rest; a few hours later, he was found dead. Police investigation to follow. Initial reports suggest he was shot by a .45, more details to follow.

What region was this in?

Either way, my condolences to those missing Eric Wilson, his family and friends, and may the law correctly determine who did this and give an appropriate punishment to this terrible (and ironically hypocritical) murderer.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 02:45:38 AM »

I would, too, but Classic now lives in the South--the ship that I'm captain of.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 06:59:30 AM »

Before decided on where to direct collective outrage towards...why exactly did this occur? At first glance this seems like a terrible case of police brutality, but surely there was a reason, right? Not that it couldn't be a case of police brutality with a reason (from the information given, it's very unlikely the police are blameless here), but motives would be helpful.

It's a bit vague on the details, and while I suppose that's the idea (storytelling, you know), it seems rather confusing (who exactly was the guy being beaten? Who were the people who died? Etc.)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 04:02:38 PM »

Does the Brussels attack apply here?

Also, what's the current status regarding Cuba? Have any regional governors ever made historic, ground-breaking visits there?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 04:46:39 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2016, 11:22:37 PM by Governor Leinad »

Does the Brussels attack apply here?

Also, what's the current status regarding Cuba? Have any regional governors ever made historic, ground-breaking visits there?
That would apply under my jurisdiction, I will have a full report on that in a few hours.

Alright, good. Well, not the attack, of course, but the fact that our SoS is on the ball.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ah, that's what I suspected, just wanted an update on that.

Edit: are/our, Leinad! Wow...I was not on the ball when writing that sentence...
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 11:48:49 PM »

Statement on Events in the South and Elsewhere Relating to the ISIS Crisis:

[Transcript of Governor Leinad's words to the press after today's Atlasian Journal reports.]

Ladies and gentlemen, today, I can report that twenty-one militants believed to be part of the so-called "Islamic State," Daesh, or ISIL, have been captured in the South. These militants are currently in custody. Six of them were found in Florida, where I visited yesterday and spoke at a mosque, and the other fifteen were found attempting to cross into the border in Texas. Once again, all of these militants are under custody, and the Southern National Guard is working diligently with the Federal government to keep this region safe by following leads and using our intelligence to stop attacks before they happen.

Likewise, a group of troublemakers calling themselves "Women United" have decapitated a man with sympathies to the terrorists, yet no connections beyond that. First of all, this group of what I originally thought were merely leftists troublemakers do not speak for all women, nor do they speak for all Southerners, and they definitely do not have the authority to do things like this. They are not the police, they are not the national guard. If you want to help in the mission to end radical terrorism, good, but don't take the law into your own hands in this manner.

I have also heard reports of of a terrorist attack in Belgium, although the information is sketchy at this moment, given that the State Department has not released a report as of yet. I've heard it was a bad one, and my condolences go out to the people of Belgium after this tragic attack, should the reports prove true.

I also offer condolences to the Mideast, specifically Dearborn, Michigan. An Atlasian city was turned into a war-zone, further emphasizing the horrid lengths of this crisis.

And to the Pacific as well, which is still suffering from the St. Patrick's Day attack, and is now suffering further from deadly riots in Los Angeles. I plan to go to several locations in the region with Governor Bessell, Speaker Haslam, and perhaps others for events led by Northeast Lieutenant Governor Smith, as we continue, as a society, our efforts to heal the wounds left by the actions of these evil-doers.

Let me leave you all with a simple message: we must defeat radical terrorism. And while military intervention, I'm afraid, is necessary on some level to stop this organized force, we will only defeat the violence through peace. We must discourage religious extremism, we must discourage violence of all kinds, we must not respond to hatred by more hatred, but by practicing the peaceful, liberal democratic views this Republic holds as it's highest value. The goal is not merely to defeat the terrorists just to do so, but to live in a free society. As always, the South is doing our best to make that job as easy as possible for the citizens. I encourage everyone to keep living their own life. Stay informed, stay safe, but stay free. As long as there is liberty in this nation, the terrorists will never win.

Thank you, good night.

-Leinad
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 11:37:47 PM »

wait why is a pro-womens right group fighting terrorists?

I was also wondering that. They apparently have a lot of time on their hands to expand their horizons with new activities.

My best guess is they need a hobby. Or maybe a Netflix subscription.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2016, 11:08:11 PM »

Wonderful news for the people of Michigan and all Atlasia!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies