What if someone gave this answer to the mosque question?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:56:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  What if someone gave this answer to the mosque question?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What if someone gave this answer to the mosque question?  (Read 569 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 07, 2016, 04:53:07 PM »

"Yes I would visit one. Look where Jesus visited, and then later His Disciples and the early Christians. You will get nowhere only going to places where everyone already agreed with them? No I would be willing to go wherever needed to spread the message of Christ, and absolutely I would go to a mosque and tell Muslims that they are just worthy of salvation through Jesus Christ as I am."

And then imagine if the same question was asked for the Democrats and a Democratic candidate said that.

I bet if a Republican said that there'd be massive applause. (LOL my answer would earn massive appaluse at a REPUBLICAN debate, imagine that!) A Democrat would just have most people shrug and be like "eh". Muslims wouldn't like it but what percentage of Democratic voters do they make up?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 04:58:19 PM »
« Edited: February 07, 2016, 05:00:05 PM by Torie »

It seems offensive to say I would go to a Mosque for the purpose of trying to convert them to another religion. That is just rude to invade someone else's space that way. So I think many Democrats would find the comment unacceptable - and stupid. Some Pubs would too, but far fewer. Do you plan to go a Mosque for the purpose of trying to wean them away from their religion? If I were running the show there, I would tell you that your role while there is to be seen, not heard.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 04:59:01 PM »

Extremely disturbing.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 05:03:30 PM »

It seems offensive to say I would go to a Mosque for the purpose of trying to convert them to another religion. That is just rude to invade someone else's space that way. So I think many Democrats would find the comment unacceptable - and stupid. Some Pubs would too, but far fewer. Do you plan to go a Mosque for the purpose of trying to wean them away from their religion? If I were running the show there, I would tell you that your role while there is to be seen, not heard.

Democrats would find it unacceptable? In 2012 I heard about some hipster Christians were lit dropping liberal Christian pamphlets at mosques and Catholic/Mormon/fundamentalist churches about how they were evil if they supported the gay marriage ban in the Twin Cities. How much would you wager these people are Democrats?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 05:05:49 PM »

I would still vote for Hillary if she did this, but I sure wouldn't like it. Judaism, Christianity, an Islam are all equally valid, and I would prefer to vote for candidates who agree.

Replace "mosque" with "synagogue" and it would be a career-ending gaffe for a member of either party.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 05:06:22 PM »

Democrats would find it unacceptable? In 2012 I heard about some hipster Christians were lit dropping liberal Christian pamphlets at mosques and Catholic/Mormon/fundamentalist churches about how they were evil if they supported the gay marriage ban in the Twin Cities. How much would you wager these people are Democrats?

That is not trying to convert them to Christianity. And it is dropping off paper, not approaching people, to boot. Surely you understand the difference don't you? You don't proselytize in someone else's house of worship. You just don't.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2016, 05:14:31 PM »

That is not trying to convert them to Christianity. And it is dropping off paper, not approaching people, to boot. Surely you understand the difference don't you? You don't proselytize in someone else's house of worship. You just don't.

In the former case it was two-fold: to convert them and to make them liberal and oppose it. Second point I guess is valid though.

But since I would consider going to a mosque and not being a Christian to be blasphemous, then it means I will never visit a mosque.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 05:25:49 PM »

I would still vote for Hillary if she did this, but I sure wouldn't like it.

What if she said she wouldn't because she'd consider it blasphemous/idolatrous?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 05:27:50 PM »

I would still vote for Hillary if she did this, but I sure wouldn't like it.

What if she said she wouldn't because she'd consider it blasphemous/idolatrous?

I really wouldn't want to vote for a candidate who would ever use either of those words, but yes, I would still find her preferable to the Republican.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 05:31:17 PM »

BTW it's impossible for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam to all be equally valid as they all have tenets that contradict tenets of the others.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 05:45:26 PM »

Everyone cheers if a Christian goes to a mosque to proselytize, but if a Muslim does the same in a church, God forbid
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 05:54:51 PM »

Republicans would eat it up, but I doubt Democrats would take it too well.

Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 06:03:38 PM »

BTW it's impossible for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam to all be equally valid as they all have tenets that contradict tenets of the others.

Sure it is. They're over 90% the same and they could split the other 10% equally.

Also all 3 faiths (except for many Evangelical Protestants) extend salvation to the other 2, so there's no need to prostheltyze to people who are already lined up to go to Heaven.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 10:55:17 AM »

It's common to try to somehow equate Christianity and Islam. But there's one critical difference.

Profess faith as a Christian in a "Muslim" country and you will probably be killed.
Profess faith as a Muslim in a "Christian" country and you're afforded all kinds of protections.

Some who know what they're talking about are now willing to speak out against Islam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGE2eBUdlQ
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 03:17:43 PM »

It's common to try to somehow equate Christianity and Islam. But there's one critical difference.

Profess faith as a Christian in a "Muslim" country and you will probably be killed.
Profess faith as a Muslim in a "Christian" country and you're afforded all kinds of protections.

Some who know what they're talking about are now willing to speak out against Islam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGE2eBUdlQ

There are lots of Christians who live in Muslim countries.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies