What religious services have you been to? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:16:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What religious services have you been to? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What religious services have you been to?  (Read 3117 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 08, 2016, 10:56:12 PM »

Lutheran
Catholic
Baptist
Evangelical Free Church
Vineyard Movement
Emergent

And an interdenominational church on the Standing Rock Reservation.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 12:06:00 PM »

The Catholic Church does not regard it as a sin to go to a non-Catholic church, only if you take communion there.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:48:03 PM »

The Catholic Church does not regard it as a sin to go to a non-Catholic church, only if you take communion there.

Do they even offer communion at non-Catholic churches?

Yes, although it's not weekly in most. (Episcopalians and most Lutherans do.) Mine does it monthly.

Perhaps I should go visit one day, I hear people get up and play guitar and other weird things.

Playing guitar is weird?

And the Priest is just some random guy too, like he doesn't have to have a doctorate in theology or go to school.

My church doesn't have "priests", the only Protestants that do are Episcopalians/Anglicans. But the pastor isn't some random "guy" at mine, as there are women too. But yes can be a random guy or girl, more likely to be some attractive 25-year old girl in a hoodie and ripped jeans than anyone with a theology degree wearing some weird robe.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 11:18:30 PM »

Yes, although it's not weekly in most. (Episcopalians and most Lutherans do.) Mine does it monthly.

Perhaps I should go visit one day, I hear people get up and play guitar and other weird things.

Playing guitar is weird?

And the Priest is just some random guy too, like he doesn't have to have a doctorate in theology or go to school.

My church doesn't have "priests", the only Protestants that do are Episcopalians/Anglicans. But the pastor isn't some random "guy" at mine, as there are women too. But yes can be a random guy or girl, more likely to be some attractive 25-year old girl in a hoodie and ripped jeans than anyone with a theology degree wearing some weird robe.

Do you feel that the informality of the service (relative to Catholicism) detracts from the sanctity of the mass?

It's not a mass, and no, not at all. People are far more into and closer to God in fact, since they do the whole hand raising and shaking and dancing in worship stuff. And since the sermon is in a style you can relate to (like I said think Upworthy videos) it's much more meaningful.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 11:52:59 PM »

Playing guitar is weird?

Do you feel that the informality of the service (relative to Catholicism) detracts from the sanctity of the mass?

It's not a mass, and no, not at all. People are far more into and closer to God in fact, since they do the whole hand raising and shaking and dancing in worship stuff. And since the sermon is in a style you can relate to (like I said think Upworthy videos) it's much more meaningful.

I suppose i'll have to observe it one day.

FYI this is an emergent church, 99.99% of Protestant churches are not like this. If you go to a Lutheran or Episcopalian service it probably won't appear much different.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies