NH voter pushes Rubio on gay marriage, second asks if Lindsey Graham is gay
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:57:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NH voter pushes Rubio on gay marriage, second asks if Lindsey Graham is gay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: NH voter pushes Rubio on gay marriage, second asks if Lindsey Graham is gay  (Read 2527 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 12:54:06 PM »

Well this thread certainly devolved into a bigotry circle jerk. Roll Eyes

Well, some people just have no shame.
I also have no doubt that Trump would have pulled down his pants, and jumped right into "the circle," to partake in the intoxicating bigotry-orgasm they all experience.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 01:01:27 PM »

It's always nice to see "conservatives" express their love for big government.

There's very little historical evidence to suggest that conservatism is in any way inherently tied to small government (and vice versa with liberalism and big government).

Gonna have to concur with Rockefeller here, especially since liberalism before the 1930s in America (and to this day in many parts of the world) has/had a lot more in common with modern libertarianism than modern day American liberalism.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 04:19:20 PM »

In my opinion that 1st guy should have been told, "What are you complaining about?  You should be thankful that you are not placed under arrest for being homosexual in public.  And yet you still complain like it is not enough that society has bent over backwards to accommodate your alternate lifestyle.  As recently as 2003 your lifestyle was illegal in many states.  Shut up and mind your business."

Agree. I think this way all the time. I hear people say "Muslims under attack in America!" and I'm thinking to myself...during WWII Japanese Americans got interred in a camp by a liberal President. That was only 70 years ago, not even a grain of sand in the hourglass of history.

But that was bad. It was bad that we interned Japanese Americans.

Correct. So wouldn't treating them right be the good thing to do?

My point is that the argument that an atrocity like that somehow excuses every less-extreme policy is absurd. Is the new golden standard for civil rights in America now "as long as we don't treat you as bad as the Japanese you should shut your mouth?" Should Japanese Americans have stopped complaining during WWII since, after all, at least we weren't giving them smallpox blankets?

Maybe. After all, the Germans and Russians were exterminating, raping and murdering them. I'm not justifying Roosevelt's decision, but it was not apples or oranges.

Look, I don't know about you...but I come from the generation who had parents born in the 50s and grandparents who grew up during the depression and WWII. So yes, I heard "Some kids don't get any presents, so be grateful..." type of stuff all the time growing up as a kid. What was one my grandmother used to tell me...something about the man with one leg who met the man with one hand or something. I don't remember. But the point is that it's true that 60 years ago we were bombing civilians by the tens and tens of thousands. We would lose thousands of drafted soldiers per day. Now we fight wars entirely different but the liberal cause is always the same. You won't take a side. This is why active military personnel prefer the man who sent them to war over the man who wants to bring them home.

I grew up in the 90s in a world where whether you were Democrat or Republican, you wanted to keep banning illegal drugs. That's no longer the case. I grew up in a world where both sides thought gay marriage was laughable. That's no longer the case. It's not my view that's radical, it's the left.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 04:36:48 PM »

Marco x Lindsey sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 04:38:10 PM »

Stop shipping Rubio x Graham. Lindsey Graham is a beautiful man looking for love. Marco Rubio is a prostitute who gives tons of freebies to every gay he has ever come into contact with. Perry x Graham has more romance than anything Rubio has ever done.

That just makes it even more romantic though. Pure sweet Lindsey rescues the depraved Marco from his life of filth and debauchery, and they live happily ever after.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »

In my opinion that 1st guy should have been told, "What are you complaining about?  You should be thankful that you are not placed under arrest for being homosexual in public.  And yet you still complain like it is not enough that society has bent over backwards to accommodate your alternate lifestyle.  As recently as 2003 your lifestyle was illegal in many states.  Shut up and mind your business."

Agree. I think this way all the time. I hear people say "Muslims under attack in America!" and I'm thinking to myself...during WWII Japanese Americans got interred in a camp by a liberal President. That was only 70 years ago, not even a grain of sand in the hourglass of history.

But that was bad. It was bad that we interned Japanese Americans.

Correct. So wouldn't treating them right be the good thing to do?

My point is that the argument that an atrocity like that somehow excuses every less-extreme policy is absurd. Is the new golden standard for civil rights in America now "as long as we don't treat you as bad as the Japanese you should shut your mouth?" Should Japanese Americans have stopped complaining during WWII since, after all, at least we weren't giving them smallpox blankets?

Maybe. After all, the Germans and Russians were exterminating, raping and murdering them. I'm not justifying Roosevelt's decision, but it was not apples or oranges.

Look, I don't know about you...but I come from the generation who had parents born in the 50s and grandparents who grew up during the depression and WWII. So yes, I heard "Some kids don't get any presents, so be grateful..." type of stuff all the time growing up as a kid. What was one my grandmother used to tell me...something about the man with one leg who met the man with one hand or something. I don't remember. But the point is that it's true that 60 years ago we were bombing civilians by the tens and tens of thousands. We would lose thousands of drafted soldiers per day. Now we fight wars entirely different but the liberal cause is always the same. You won't take a side. This is why active military personnel prefer the man who sent them to war over the man who wants to bring them home.

I grew up in the 90s in a world where whether you were Democrat or Republican, you wanted to keep banning illegal drugs. That's no longer the case. I grew up in a world where both sides thought gay marriage was laughable. That's no longer the case. It's not my view that's radical, it's the left.

this is "wtf?" even by Naso standards
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2016, 05:03:29 PM »

Yes, he's been coming out in force today.

And you know, if fighting to give people basic respect and dignity is radical, then give me one good reason why everyone shouldn't be radical. Conservatives like to talk in terms of right and wrong. So let's speak in a language we can all understand. Discrimination is wrong. End of story. You can do backflips to try and justify it ("it was worse 50 years ago, so shut up and be grateful!"), but there's no other way to dice it... treat others as you would want to be treated. Democrats pretty clearly have the moral advantage on a host of issues because the Republicans continue to deny people the respect they deserve as human beings. And when Republicans get it so clearly wrong on the issues that should be easy, those issues where they might actually have the upper-hand, like tax and trade policy (the greyer issues), become losing issues too: If they can't offer basic respect to people who are different, it's understandable why people find it hard to take anything they say seriously!

So you can talk about Republican backlash all you want, and I admit that you're probably right; Republicans will get angrier and angrier. But there aren't enough small-minded bigots in your party's base for it to make a difference. So if y'all don't change, you'll fall into obscurity pretty fast. And you know, I'm of the opinion that the United States actually needs a sensible GOP to reign in the Democrats when they go too far. I'm exceptionally peeved that your side has blown its influence by doubling down on some positions that are just objectively wrong.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies