NH voter pushes Rubio on gay marriage, second asks if Lindsey Graham is gay
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:50:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  NH voter pushes Rubio on gay marriage, second asks if Lindsey Graham is gay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NH voter pushes Rubio on gay marriage, second asks if Lindsey Graham is gay  (Read 2522 times)
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2016, 08:33:24 PM »
« edited: February 08, 2016, 08:44:46 PM by (CT) The Free North »

The first was a legitimate point, the second is hilarious.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/08/gay-voter-to-marco-rubio-why-do-you-want-to-put-me-back-in-the-closet/
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:34:10 PM »

She forgot to ask him if he was gay, dangit!
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 08:36:23 PM »

Rubio/Graham confirmed.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 08:38:36 PM »

I'd ship that
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 08:39:31 PM »

He really should have asked him about his nasty past. It's time that these hypocrites were dragged in public.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 08:44:20 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2016, 08:56:33 PM by wolfsblood07 »

In my opinion that 1st guy should have been told, "What are you complaining about?  You should be thankful that you are not placed under arrest for being homosexual in public.  And yet you still complain like it is not enough that society has bent over backwards to accommodate your alternate lifestyle.  As recently as 2003 your lifestyle was illegal in many states.  Shut up and mind your business."
DS0816
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 08:44:53 PM »

There was no point to bothering with it.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 09:09:01 PM »

Still a better love story than Twilight.

Anyway, there's nothing surprising about this, but Rubio is clearly no moderate when it comes to social issues.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 09:14:28 PM »

In my opinion that 1st guy should have been told, "What are you complaining about?  You should be thankful that you are not placed under arrest for being homosexual in public.  And yet you still complain like it is not enough that society has bent over backwards to accommodate your alternate lifestyle.  As recently as 2003 your lifestyle was illegal in many states.  Shut up and mind your business."

Yes, Rubio should have said this for sure.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 09:16:17 PM »

def shouldve said this, 10/10 idk why he wouldnt
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 09:22:57 PM »

In my opinion that 1st guy should have been told, "What are you complaining about?  You should be thankful that you are not placed under arrest for being homosexual in public.  And yet you still complain like it is not enough that society has bent over backwards to accommodate your alternate lifestyle.  As recently as 2003 your lifestyle was illegal in many states.  Shut up and mind your business."

This is not a Muslim country.  This America.  The land of the free and the home of the brave.  I don't like gay marriage either, but I would never advocate throwing them in prison.  They have every right to live how they want to live in this country without fear of being prosecuted because they love someone of the same sex.  If Rubio would have said this, he would have rightfully been roasted and I would have been throwing the logs on the fire.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 09:24:13 PM »

def shouldve said this, 10/10 idk why he wouldnt
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 09:28:56 PM »

Sounds like something a white politician from a southern state would say to blacks immediately after the Voting Rights Act of 1965 was passed.
It would go something like this :

In my opinion that 1st (black) guy should have been told, "What are you complaining about?  You should be thankful that you are not placed under arrest for being black in public. And yet you still complain like it is not enough that society has bent over backwards to accommodate your right to vote. As recently as 1950 many southern counties/states did everything possible to keep you (blacks) from having the right to vote. Consider yourself lucky now ... So just shut up and mind your business."

Bigotry comes in many forms.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 09:51:48 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2016, 10:39:21 PM by wolfsblood07 »

This is not a Muslim country.  This America.  The land of the free and the home of the brave.  I don't like gay marriage either, but I would never advocate throwing them in prison.  They have every right to live how they want to live in this country without fear of being prosecuted because they love someone of the same sex.  If Rubio would have said this, he would have rightfully been roasted and I would have been throwing the logs on the fire.
Rubio handled it perfectly.  But someone who could be bluntly honest should have said it.  Trump could have said it and he would probably go up in the polls!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 09:58:39 PM »

Agree. I think this way all the time. I hear people say "Muslims under attack in America!" and I'm thinking to myself...during WWII Japanese Americans got interred in a camp by a liberal President. That was only 70 years ago, not even a grain of sand in the hourglass of history.

SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 10:03:25 PM »

Agree. I think this way all the time. I hear people say "Muslims under attack in America!" and I'm thinking to myself...during WWII Japanese Americans got interred in a camp by a liberal President. That was only 70 years ago, not even a grain of sand in the hourglass of history.

But that was bad. It was bad that we interned Japanese Americans.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 10:08:35 PM »

Stop shipping Rubio x Graham. Lindsey Graham is a beautiful man looking for love. Marco Rubio is a prostitute who gives tons of freebies to every gay he has ever come into contact with. Perry x Graham has more romance than anything Rubio has ever done.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 10:20:09 PM »

Correct. So wouldn't treating them right be the good thing to do?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 10:20:11 PM »

Stop shipping Rubio x Graham. Lindsey Graham is a beautiful man looking for love. Marco Rubio is a prostitute who gives tons of freebies to every gay he has ever come into contact with. Perry x Graham has more romance than anything Rubio has ever done.

Your fantasies are totally out of control now aren't they?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 10:26:36 PM »

Your fantasies are totally out of control now aren't they?

Yes. All of Perry's known relationships seem to have been inside the state of Texas; Graham is just a fan fiction, but they deserve each other.

You can read more about it below for a small fee: http://www.amazon.com/Head-Figure-Glen-Maxey/dp/1468025988
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 10:35:50 PM »

Indeed. It would be a nice change to see a Republican being honest about the vile nonsense he and his party supports. Of course it won't happen, because Republicans have enough cunning to realize that taking such an massively unpopular (not to mention hypocritical and evil) position would doom their chances of actually being elected.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 10:48:52 PM »
« Edited: February 08, 2016, 10:58:58 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Indeed. It would be a nice change to see a Republican being honest about the vile nonsense he and his party supports. Of course it won't happen, because Republicans have enough cunning to realize that taking such an massively unpopular (not to mention hypocritical and evil) position would doom their chances of actually being elected.

Well said Runeghost.
I like your "blunt honesty."
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 11:38:09 PM »

It's always nice to see "conservatives" express their love for big government.

There's very little historical evidence to suggest that conservatism is in any way inherently tied to small government (and vice versa with liberalism and big government).
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 11:59:42 PM »

Well this thread certainly devolved into a bigotry circle jerk. Roll Eyes
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 12:04:36 AM »

Correct. So wouldn't treating them right be the good thing to do?

My point is that the argument that an atrocity like that somehow excuses every less-extreme policy is absurd. Is the new golden standard for civil rights in America now "as long as we don't treat you as bad as the Japanese you should shut your mouth?" Should Japanese Americans have stopped complaining during WWII since, after all, at least we weren't giving them smallpox blankets?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies