RUBIO DOES IT AGAIN!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:31:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  RUBIO DOES IT AGAIN!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: RUBIO DOES IT AGAIN!  (Read 3928 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2016, 08:59:37 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVxGHDkBC7s&feature=youtu.be

hahahahaha
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 09:04:24 PM »

I honestly dont get what the big deal is. Every politician repeats their main talking points ad nauseam. It's a strategic calculation, it appeals to the base, and its generally accepted as part of the political dialogue.

Sure Rubio sounds a bit repetitive, but are any Republicans going to bag on him because he insults Obama too much? I hardly think that will be decisive at the ballot box.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 09:05:21 PM »

I honestly dont get what the big deal is. Every politician repeats their main talking points ad nauseam. It's a strategic calculation, it appeals to the base, and its generally accepted as part of the political dialogue.

Sure Rubio sounds a bit repetitive, but are any Republicans going to bag on him because he insults Obama too much? I hardly think that will be decisive at the ballot box.

Uh... did you watch the video? He literally repeated the same sentence twice in less than thirty seconds.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 09:07:19 PM »

I can only assume the Mormanic handlers who programmed Rubio will be found dead in the Utah desert as a result of this shoddy job.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 09:08:55 PM »

Uh... did you watch the video? He literally repeated the same sentence twice in less than thirty seconds.

And the point is?

As I stated, politicians repeat the same exact phrases over and over again. How many times does Hillary bash the Republicans in a 1 minute segment? How many times does Christie bash Clinton in the same amount of time?

I think it looks a bit odd and the optics of it may hurt him, but I certainly don't equate it to an 'oops' moment. Granted it shows a lack of 'creative' thought, but I dont think it will be a deciding factor for most of the voters.

How many times does Trump repeat his statement about getting beat by 'China, Mexico, and Japan'?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 09:11:15 PM »

It's becoming embarrassing at this point, to be honest.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 09:11:51 PM »

I can only assume the Mormanic handlers who programmed Rubio will be found dead in the Utah desert as a result of this shoddy job.

Their bodies will be laid upon the altars to the Mormanic Blood Gods, and their blood will be spilt, and the Mormanic Elders will pray that the sacrifice will satisfy their Dark Gods' anger.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 09:11:58 PM »

It was already embarrassing. Now, it's like watching a train crash in excruciatingly slow motion.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 09:13:42 PM »

It was already embarrassing. Now, it's like watching a train crash in excruciatingly slow motion.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 09:15:06 PM »

There was a glitch when he realized he was about to do it again, but the program continued.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 09:20:49 PM »

This is getting painful to watch.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 09:32:13 PM »

Wow.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 09:39:36 PM »

He's officially RATTLED. Chris Christie really did America a great service!
BM
BeccaM
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 09:41:05 PM »

He's an absolute disgrace and the people still supporting such an obvious dullard for president should be ashamed.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 09:41:14 PM »

reading the title I assumed "it" was getting caught in another car park with a swarthy young chap (or two).
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 09:42:41 PM »

However, after tomorrow night, Christie will be back to running traffic studies in New Jersey.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 09:43:43 PM »

reading the title I assumed "it" was getting caught in another car park with a swarthy young chap (or two).

I actually thought he had gone for the "Let's dispel with this fiction" line again. I was mildly disappointed.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 09:45:16 PM »

However, after tomorrow night, Christie will be back to running traffic studies in New Jersey.

Absolutely true. But I am of the opinion that he deserves a Presidential Metal of Freedom for preventing a potential Rubio presidency.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 09:48:11 PM »

And the point is?

As I stated, politicians repeat the same exact phrases over and over again. How many times does Hillary bash the Republicans in a 1 minute segment? How many times does Christie bash Clinton in the same amount of time?

I think it looks a bit odd and the optics of it may hurt him, but I certainly don't equate it to an 'oops' moment. Granted it shows a lack of 'creative' thought, but I dont think it will be a deciding factor for most of the voters.

How many times does Trump repeat his statement about getting beat by 'China, Mexico, and Japan'?

No, sorry...what Rubio is doing is not "normal"

You do not see politicians repeat word for word the exact same phrase within the same 2 minutes.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 09:49:15 PM »

The oddest thing is that Rubio seems to be claiming that Obama despite his limited resume, given his ends, had superb judgment and skill in reaching them, and was most competent, and if only he had agreed with Rubio's world view, he would have been the next best to Abraham Lincoln? He was a fail sole because he had the wrong ends. Really? And of course the dumbs in the press don't get to this little point at all. The press folks should all be fired, and replaced with smart lawyers. Most of them are just pathetic.

And there you have it.

Anyone disagree? I thought not. Thanks for listening.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2016, 10:42:00 PM »

The oddest thing is that Rubio seems to be claiming that Obama despite his limited resume, given his ends, had superb judgment and skill in reaching them, and was most competent, and if only he had agreed with Rubio's world view, he would have been the next best to Abraham Lincoln? He was a fail sole because he had the wrong ends. Really?

I don't see a problem with that. I think Margaret Thatcher was an extremely skilled politician, and yet she's still the Western leader who did the most harm to her country in the past 70 years. I can see why conservatives would feel this way about Obama, since his policy record is impressive.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2016, 10:48:18 PM »

I actually thought he had gone for the "Let's dispel with this fiction" line again. I was mildly disappointed.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2016, 10:52:14 PM »

his motherboard has water damage from all the sweat and now he's malfunctioning
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 10:55:06 PM »

And the point is?

The real issue for Rubio is that he got manhandled by Christie on the issue in full view of the national viewing audience.  It was horrible for Marco. 
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2016, 10:56:46 PM »

The oddest thing is that Rubio seems to be claiming that Obama despite his limited resume, given his ends, had superb judgment and skill in reaching them, and was most competent, and if only he had agreed with Rubio's world view, he would have been the next best to Abraham Lincoln? He was a fail sole because he had the wrong ends. Really? And of course the dumbs in the press don't get to this little point at all. The press folks should all be fired, and replaced with smart lawyers. Most of them are just pathetic.

And there you have it.

Anyone disagree? I thought not. Thanks for listening.

He's dog-whistling a common conservative conspiracy theory which overlaps with the idea that Obama's values somehow deviate from the American mainstream. Romney was doing something similar with his line about Obama wanting to "fundamentally transform" the country. Gingrich tried to make the case outright when he bewildered all but the most clued-in primary voters with the Saul Alinsky references.

In Rubio's case, it's an especially convenient narrative because it deflects from the opposite idea that Obama is incompetent and was unprepared to take office. That would be a difficult argument for Rubio to make without undermining his own credibility as a candidate, for obvious reasons.

No lawyers covering the news, please, I prefer journalists who know how to write.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies