Do midterms naturally favor Republicans or the party out of the presidency? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:03:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Do midterms naturally favor Republicans or the party out of the presidency? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Do midterms naturally favor Republicans or the party out of the presidency?  (Read 4520 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: July 07, 2017, 02:28:03 PM »

Not every midterm will be a massive wave for one party or the other. It also depends on other factors such as the map (which was the reason Democrats did so poorly in the Senate races in 2014), candidate quality, polarization, etc.

I mean, maybe I'm wrong and every midterm election will be an easy win for the party that doesn't control the White House, but I kinda doubt it. 2018 will be very telling, in all honesty.

The midterms are a referendum on the incumbent president. Not all will favour the other party as sometimes the incumbent president can be popular (2002 and 1998), but that won't be the case this time apparently.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies