Why does Rubio get Walkered on the left
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:00:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why does Rubio get Walkered on the left
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why does Rubio get Walkered on the left  (Read 609 times)
pepper11
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 08, 2016, 09:41:34 PM »

Browse Talking Points, the Huff, or Mother Jones and you will find liberal patronization of Rubio and a level of seething that has not been seen since Walker left the game. What is it about these two guys that gets liberals so up in arms.  Aside from Paul (farewell) and maybe Kasich there is essentially no policy difference between this fairly boring Republican field this year; but there are only two Rs that receive this level of vitriol from the left.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 09:43:05 PM »

Because they're both dumb and incompetent. When I watch some of the other ones I disagree with them but obviously they've accomplished something in their careers or can think on their feet or just about anything. Walker and Rubio just can't.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 09:43:58 PM »

Have you not seen coverage of Cruz or Trump?
pepper11
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 09:48:24 PM »

Because they're both dumb and incompetent. When I watch some of the other ones I disagree with them but obviously they've accomplished something in their careers or can think on their feet or just about anything. Walker and Rubio just can't.

Walker may be a lot of things. But incompetent is not one of them. You may not agree with his dismanteling of the public sector unions, but lack of accomplishments is not the reason he is disliked.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 09:50:26 PM »

Rubio is a very telegenic liar.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 09:57:39 PM »

Walker may be a lot of things. But incompetent is not one of them. You may not agree with his dismanteling of the public sector unions, but lack of accomplishments is not the reason he is disliked.

Thank you. We need to dispel with this fiction that Scott Walker doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 10:09:38 PM »

Same reason they treat Walker that way: fear.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 10:19:19 PM »

Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 11:37:26 PM »

With Walker they were peeved about losing in Wisconsin, a state where labor had long dominated. They underestimated him and he beat them. With Cruz the most common reason I hear people say they don't like him is his face, I think republicans hate him as much as dems do. The sudden vitriol against Rubio is just sensing weakness in our strongest candidate. They saw an opportunity with the bad debate and pounced.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 11:38:00 PM »

Watching liberals have meltdowns over Walker and Cruz is the best thing about Walker and Cruz.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 11:51:58 PM »

Same reason why Clinton and Sanders get smeared by the right: People love to hate those with whom they disagree. Also, while us liberals are pretty hard on the likes of Walker and Rubio, at least we can point to actual disagreements we have with them, and (in the case of Walker) things they've done which we intensely disagree with. The right's attacks on Clinton in particular are quite irrational, and basically boil down to  "BENGHAZIMAIL!!!"
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 11:54:36 PM »

Watching liberals have meltdowns over Walker and Cruz is the best thing about Walker and Cruz.

Seems like the person who has meltdowns over Ted Cruz most often is Mitch McConnell, not one of ours.
DS0816
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 12:33:37 AM »

It sounds like the Robo Rubio supporters—most notably the thread’s OP—think the nation should be electing an Empty Stepford to the presidency of the United States.

People, even in the Republican Party, disagree.

If Chris Christie can freeze Marco Rubio live for all the nation to see … the Republicans here have no standing to think this is some scandal created by “the left.”
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 12:48:33 AM »

Because Scott Walker wasn't even close to intelligent enough and Rubio is too scripted, inexperienced, and empty of any original ideas to become POTUS. Say what you will about Trump, Cruz, Bush, Kasich, and Christie, but they can think on their feet or at least have a depth of policy knowledge that wasn't just drilled into their head by some donor.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 12:57:17 AM »

Same reason they treat Walker that way: fear.

Total absolute nonsense. Walker failed before he even got started. I welcome Scott Walker coming back in, being nominated, and facing Hillary Clinton or even Bernie Sanders. Because he would get steamrolled. stomped on. utterly obliterated. Same with Marco Rubio.

He's a handsome boy but he's not up to being President. Chris Christie, a person who I would have some legitimate fears about winning if he were nominated, made that perfectly clear.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 12:57:56 AM »

Because Scott Walker wasn't even close to intelligent enough and Rubio is too scripted, inexperienced, and empty of any original ideas to become POTUS. Say what you will about Trump, Cruz, Bush, Kasich, and Christie, but they can think on their feet or at least have a depth of policy knowledge that wasn't just drilled into their head by some donor.

I'm not sure about Jeb! re: thinking on his feet. He'd just stutter and look awkwardly at the camera if he got into an exchange like that rather than repeat his talking points endlessly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies