Jay Carney: Obama wants Hillary to win
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:19:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Jay Carney: Obama wants Hillary to win
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Jay Carney: Obama wants Hillary to win  (Read 1214 times)
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2016, 09:17:06 PM »

Who cares what the establishment wants. Let the people vote.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2016, 09:21:33 PM »

Good. We need to exercise this left-wing teabagger cancer from the Democratic Party ASAP. I'm glad that President Obama is making this clear. Let's hope the people listen.

I think Sanders is in pretty good shape for somebody in his age, but if you think he needs to exercise...
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2016, 09:23:55 PM »

I care about Obama's opinion, because the only reason I was able to marry my husband and move to California was because of decisions and policies put in place by his administration. He did good by me.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2016, 10:05:52 PM »

I care about Obama's opinion, because the only reason I was able to marry my husband and move to California was because of decisions and policies put in place by his administration. He did good by me.

?!? Obama, the guy who cowardly waited to endorse gay marriage until it was 50%+ in the polls and he needed lucrative gay donors to fund his re-election campaign?

You must be thinking of Anthony Kennedy.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2016, 10:07:06 PM »

?!? Obama, the guy who cowardly waited to endorse gay marriage until it was 50%+ in the polls and he needed lucrative gay donors to fund his re-election campaign?

This is true. Obama gets a bit too much credit. He wouldn't have supported it so early on if not for Biden, and he had no impact on the Supreme Court ruling.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 10:14:21 PM »

Good. We need to exercise this left-wing teabagger cancer from the Democratic Party ASAP. I'm glad that President Obama is making this clear. Let's hope the people listen.

Not so Great post dummy! Be respectful dummy!
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 10:15:43 PM »

Given President Obama's high approval ratings among Democrats and near-universal approval among African-Americans, this will have an impact.  It certainly doesn't hurt Clinton to have the favor of the most powerful elected official in the country.  Lower-ranking officials in the party and its affiliates have taken note of President Obama's preferences and acted accordingly.  It is no coincidence, for instance, that former Attorney General Eric Holder appeared in a TV ad in South Carolina endorsing Clinton:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/hillary-clinton-ad-eric-holder-218624

That said, it is probably wise for the President to not act too blatantly on his preferences.  If he got out there and began openly campaigning for Hillary during the primary, it would make it look like the White House was trying to bigfoot the situation and install Hillary's nomination via fiat.  The crucible of the presidential campaign is something every candidate has to walk on his or her own and no one knows that better than the President.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2016, 10:20:23 PM »

Not so Great post dummy! Be respectful dummy!

Son, this is bait.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2016, 11:00:38 PM »

Given President Obama's high approval ratings among Democrats and near-universal approval among African-Americans, this will have an impact.  It certainly doesn't hurt Clinton to have the favor of the most powerful elected official in the country.  Lower-ranking officials in the party and its affiliates have taken note of President Obama's preferences and acted accordingly.  It is no coincidence, for instance, that former Attorney General Eric Holder appeared in a TV ad in South Carolina endorsing Clinton:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/hillary-clinton-ad-eric-holder-218624

That said, it is probably wise for the President to not act too blatantly on his preferences.  If he got out there and began openly campaigning for Hillary during the primary, it would make it look like the White House was trying to bigfoot the situation and install Hillary's nomination via fiat.  The crucible of the presidential campaign is something every candidate has to walk on his or her own and no one knows that better than the President.
Yep.  If Clinton can't beat Sanders, she doesn't deserve the nomination.  And if the Democrats nominate Sanders, well we'll deserve what we get.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2016, 11:15:12 PM »

Yeah, Obama had nothing to do with DOMA being struck down by the courts. Certainly his DoJ claiming that they wouldn't defend the law in court, and actively pushing that it's unconstitutional to the Supreme Court when the case was before them certainly didn't help one bit. And The Department of Homeland Security being 100% welcoming of the decision and helpful in getting same-sex binational couples get green cards sure didn't help me get mine.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies