Democratic New Hampshire primary results thread (polls close @7pm and 8pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:29:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic New Hampshire primary results thread (polls close @7pm and 8pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21
Author Topic: Democratic New Hampshire primary results thread (polls close @7pm and 8pm ET)  (Read 29194 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: February 09, 2016, 11:19:59 PM »

I don't see why Hillary supporters are upset.

She is by far the most likely winner and it will force herself to be a better candidate. Hillary being better is good for the general, no?

Here's my perspective:
Bernie never had a real chance to win the party nomination. He also knows this. You can tell from his speech tonight by him saying that "we need to unite as a party in a few months, to defeat the right wing extremist" But because he made a run for the nomination he could potentially isolate many young voters and potentially many under 45 voters as well. It's just lunacy when Dems could have had a cake walk to the Presidency if we all stayed united, but now it's starting to fray, and within a few months many voters COULD (and i stress COULD) become disinterested and not turn out for Hillary in the GE. This would cause the party to be fractured for no good reason.

2004: Cakewalk for Kerry, he lost.
2008: Long campaign down to the wire, Obama won quite easily.

Long primaries allow to improve candidates and already build networks in states.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #376 on: February 09, 2016, 11:20:03 PM »

She is by far the most likely winner and it will force herself to be a better candidate. Hillary being better is good for the general, no?

Here's my perspective:
Bernie never had a real chance to win the party nomination. He also knows this. You can tell from his speech tonight by him saying that "we need to unite as a party in a few months, to defeat the right wing extremist" But because he made a run for the nomination he could potentially isolate many young voters and potentially many under 45 voters as well. It's just lunacy when Dems could have had a cake walk to the Presidency if we all stayed united, but now it's starting to fray, and within a few months many voters COULD (and i stress COULD) become disinterested and not turn out for Hillary in the GE. This would cause the party to be fractured for no good reason.

Jesus, do you hear yourself? This is why Hillary supporters are so insufferable. This complete sense of entitlement. It's really baffling you're not even aware of it.
madelka
United States
« Reply #377 on: February 09, 2016, 11:23:13 PM »

Here's my perspective:

2004: Cakewalk for Kerry, he lost.
2008: Long campaign down to the wire, Obama won quite easily.

Long primaries allow to improve candidates and already build networks in states.

Bullsh*t. Kerry was running a terrible campaign against an incumbent president and in 2008 you had the financial crisis and the Iraq war helping the Democrats. The 2004 and 2008 results had nothing to do with how the candidates did in the primaries.
madelka
United States
« Reply #378 on: February 09, 2016, 11:25:10 PM »

It's about angry Berniebots and the media spinning it as if Bernie is the new frontrunner when he clearly isn't.

Nice strawman.

Bernie isn't winning in NV and SC. That's not a strawman, it's called 'reality'.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #379 on: February 09, 2016, 11:25:27 PM »

Up to 3/4 of the vote in, not much movement left, but I do it for the fun.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2016/by_state/NH_Page_0209.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=POLITICS

Full Numbers (rounded thousandths) with 186,074 Votes In:

Bernie Sanders — 59.537
Hillary Clinton — 38.782
Martin O'Malley — 0.246
Vermin Supreme — 0.100
David Thistle — 0.095
Graham Schwass — 0.048
Steve Burke — 0.042
Rocky De La Fuente — 0.041
Lloyd Kelso — 0.033
Jon Adams — 0.032
John Wolfe — 0.023
Keith Judd — 0.017
Eric Elbot — 0.012
Edward O'Donnell — 0.011
Bill French — 0.011
Brock Hutton — 0.011
Star Locke — 0.011
Mark Stewart Greenstein — 0.010
James Valentine — 0.010
Robert Lovitt — 0.010
Henry Hewes — 0.009
Steven Lipscomb — 0.009
Michael Steinberg — 0.008
Sam Sloan — 0.006
Edward Sonnino — 0.006
Bill McGaughey — 0.005
Raymond Moroz — 0.004
Richard Weil — 0.003

Write-Ins — 0.870

Full numbers can be seen through the link.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #380 on: February 09, 2016, 11:25:51 PM »

Oh, let me guess: Hillary supporters in here being whiny and antagonistic after being delivered a brutal spanking in her latest underperformance? I'd recommend that everybody else stop engaging them. They've all been bragging and making grand assertions for years now, with a stealthy series of goal-posts being moved every time they fall short.

"But Hillary will win with 70% of the vote!"
"60%!"
"50%!"
"Hillary will destroy Bernie in IA"
"Hillary won* IA and it doesn't matter by how much - suck it"
"Who cares if Bernie wins NH by low double-digits? It's next to his home state!"
"It doesn't matter that Hillary lost by more than 20, there's Nevada!"

etc etc etc.

In other words: sooner or later, they might be right about something, but it won't be because they know any damn thing.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #381 on: February 09, 2016, 11:26:30 PM »

It's about angry Berniebots and the media spinning it as if Bernie is the new frontrunner when he clearly isn't.

Nice strawman.

Bernie isn't winning in NV and SC. That's not a strawman, it's called 'reality'.

BINGO!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #382 on: February 09, 2016, 11:26:58 PM »

Was this a record turnout for New Hampshire? Looks like NH had as many people turnout as IA, despite having just a little over half the population.
danny
Israel

« Reply #383 on: February 09, 2016, 11:27:20 PM »

Nice strawman.

You don't seem to understand the meaning of the term strawman.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #384 on: February 09, 2016, 11:27:36 PM »

Oh, let me guess: Hillary supporters in here being whiny and antagonistic after being delivered a brutal spanking in her latest underperformance? I'd recommend that everybody else stop engaging them. They've all been bragging and making grand assertions for years now, with a stealthy series of goal-posts being moved every time they fall short.

"60%!"
"50%!"
"Who cares if Bernie wins NH by low double-digits? It's next to his home state!"

etc etc etc.

In other words: sooner or later, they might be right about something, but it won't be because they know any damn thing.

Actually, Sanders supporters are the ones moving the goalposts. Early on, the intellectually honest admitted that Iowa was a must win state for Sanders. Now suddenly just NH is enough to make him inevitable. lol
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #385 on: February 09, 2016, 11:28:10 PM »

Nice strawman.

BINGO!

Just wait for the polls idiots anything could happen.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #386 on: February 09, 2016, 11:28:31 PM »

"60%!"
"50%!"

etc etc etc.

Actually, Sanders supporters are the ones moving the goalposts. Early on, the intellectually honest admitted that Iowa was a must win state for Sanders. Now suddenly just NH is enough to make him inevitable. lol

Except NOBODY SAID THAT EVER.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #387 on: February 09, 2016, 11:30:03 PM »

"60%!"
"50%!"

etc etc etc.

At least two people here have. And I'm sure many pundits have as well.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #388 on: February 09, 2016, 11:30:58 PM »

"60%!"
"50%!"

etc etc etc.

This is so true.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #389 on: February 09, 2016, 11:31:09 PM »

I was one of the ones saying Iowa is a must win for Sanders, but then again I did not and still do not expect Sanders to win the nomination. I would be happily wrong if he still pull it off, of course.
madelka
United States
« Reply #390 on: February 09, 2016, 11:31:38 PM »

Just wait for the polls idiots anything could happen.

The 'polls' show Sanders getting crushed in the South and the Midwest and pretty much every other state that is at least 15% non-White. But keep dreaming, Berniebots.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #391 on: February 09, 2016, 11:31:45 PM »

Anybody that says Sanders isn't a serious contender after tonight is in denial. His chances of winning the nomination went up, not because he won New Hampshire, but because he won by 20! New Hampshire will likely be one of his best states, but he proved that he could decisively win where he needed to decisively win. He has some chance of winning Nevada and breaking 40% in South Carolina.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: February 09, 2016, 11:32:11 PM »

"60%!"
"50%!"

etc etc etc.

Lord, if we're going to start picking out "one or two people" from the crowd as the barometer, then we need look no further than you and your current, hilarious signature for an indictment and proof of my claims!
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #393 on: February 09, 2016, 11:32:40 PM »

"60%!"
"50%!"

etc etc etc.

2 people = All Sanders supporters.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #394 on: February 09, 2016, 11:33:34 PM »

"60%!"
"50%!"

etc etc etc.

ProgressiveCanadian said something smart. Hell has frozen over.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #395 on: February 09, 2016, 11:33:50 PM »

"60%!"
"50%!"

etc etc etc.

When did I say it was? I said it wasn't "nobody", which is objectively true.
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #396 on: February 09, 2016, 11:37:05 PM »

Kinda surprised at this result. Most excellent.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #397 on: February 09, 2016, 11:38:20 PM »

Kinda surprised at this result. Most excellent.

Yawn. It does nothing to change the course in a significant way.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #398 on: February 09, 2016, 11:39:39 PM »

IceSpear was literally the original Hillary hack who was convinced that Hillary would win with >70% of the primary vote, carry every state, would win the general by 20 points and planned on coming back to laugh at everybody else here who doubted that come primary time!

"Inevitable" was always the word, but it's so bad that he must now cling to the word "inevitable" in the context of "hey, she's inevitably going to slide by by the skin of her teeth because one quarter of the Democratic primary electorate doesn't know the name of the other candidate and so she'll run up the board with them" and "she inevitably beat Sanders in Iowa and that's all that matters"!
madelka
United States
« Reply #399 on: February 09, 2016, 11:42:10 PM »

^She has been inevitable since the day Biden decided not to run.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies