Democratic New Hampshire primary results thread (polls close @7pm and 8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:53:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic New Hampshire primary results thread (polls close @7pm and 8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democratic New Hampshire primary results thread (polls close @7pm and 8pm ET)  (Read 29313 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« on: February 09, 2016, 05:41:26 PM »

IIRC, OC had something in his profile about Hillary being the 'comeback kid' in NH like Bill Clinton and Kerry. Not sure if that means a predicted win, though.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 05:46:44 PM »

Ten bucks d32123 wasn't serious.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 08:42:41 PM »

I am feeling so much schadenfreude. Hillary performing like this, losing women, and only narrowly winning the minorities...
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 08:49:14 PM »

It's too bad ANGRY WOMEN are only in NH.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 08:52:33 PM »

apparently Bernie Sanders is actually playing basketball right now.

Somebody get to this on Photoshop.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 08:58:37 PM »

Bernie Sanders is looking at a margin that could win him a 5-3 delegate ratio in some if not all counties. He needs around 57% in each county for that, and he's around that in all of them right now, though it's still very early.

The counties are irrelevant, it's whether he gets 56.25% of the 2 candidate vote in each congressional district that matters.
Ah my bad. Is there somewhere where the votes are reported by CD ? Or do the CDs regroup entire counties, in which case : which ones ? Or I can google that...

This page is tracking them by congressional district

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/NH-D

More importantly, VERMIN SUPREME coming in fourth place.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 09:14:47 PM »

Now CNN is saying that Hillary Clinton is the "real winner" of the New Hampshire primary because she's a female and she got second.

I am now resisting several different urges.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 09:21:27 PM »

Let's dispel with this fiction that Croydon doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 11:33:34 PM »

Oh, let me guess: Hillary supporters in here being whiny and antagonistic after being delivered a brutal spanking in her latest underperformance? I'd recommend that everybody else stop engaging them. They've all been bragging and making grand assertions for years now, with a stealthy series of goal-posts being moved every time they fall short.

"But Hillary will win with 70% of the vote!"
"60%!"
"50%!"
"Hillary will destroy Bernie in IA"
"Hillary won* IA and it doesn't matter by how much - suck it"
"Who cares if Bernie wins NH by low double-digits? It's next to his home state!"
"It doesn't matter that Hillary lost by more than 20, there's Nevada!"

etc etc etc.

In other words: sooner or later, they might be right about something, but it won't be because they know any damn thing.

Actually, Sanders supporters are the ones moving the goalposts. Early on, the intellectually honest admitted that Iowa was a must win state for Sanders. Now suddenly just NH is enough to make him inevitable. lol

Except NOBODY SAID THAT EVER.

At least two people here have. And I'm sure many pundits have as well.

2 people = All Sanders supporters.

ProgressiveCanadian said something smart. Hell has frozen over.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 11:43:41 PM »

IceSpear was literally the original Hillary hack who was convinced that Hillary would win with >70% of the primary vote, carry every state, would win the general by 20 points.

I'm confident Hillary will easily win more states than Bill did in 1992 when we won the nomination overwhelming.

I'm surprised you haven't run out of Kool Aid to drink yet.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 11:47:36 PM »

Kinda surprised at this result. Most excellent.

Yawn. It does nothing to change the course in a significant way.

Sanders got a significant win IN ONE OF THE WHITEST STATES IN THE COUNTRY, this is fact.

Fixed.

Yep!

Even so, Clinton only won non whites by 4%.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 11:49:27 PM »

The Hillbots in this thread are.... not taking it well, that's for sure.  What Stage are they in at this point?  

They've been in the stage of denial since the day Sanders became a candidate.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 12:04:09 AM »

The Hillbots in this thread are.... not taking it well, that's for sure.  What Stage are they in at this point?  

Get a life, Berniebot.

Why is it so hard to understand that I don't want my party to nominate an unelectable loon when we are guaranteed to retake the White House for another 8 years with Hillary? Look, the Republican party has become a joke. No matter what happens, Hillary Clinton is guaranteed to win at least 270 electoral votes against Trump and Cruz:

Let's not put states like PA and VA into play by nominating an angry old man who talks about a political revolution that's not going to happen anyway.

Ah, yes. The good ol' 272 freiwal.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 08:22:39 AM »

Then, Sanders should make clear than party loyalty is important and make float the idea of a primary challenge to every Democrat office-holder backing someone else than the official candidate.

Hillary will have no choice, but to follow suit, given the pressure.

1)A guy who isn't a registered Democrat is hardly the ideal person to talk about party loyalty.

2)Nobody will overtly support Bloomberg, they will just sit on their hands. After all, Sanders has raised 0 dollars for state parties and Dem congressional candidates, so it's not like they owe him anything.

I'm pretty sure nobody ever asked him to raise money, through.

And they want people to vote for the winner of Democratic primary. Coattails and straight ticket voting...

There are a number of candidates running competitive primaries for House and Senate who endorsed him. What has he done for them?
Has he sent an e-mail to his supporters urging them to send some dollars their way?
Do they have to send an official request for him to do so?

If you consider Raul Grijalva and Keith Ellison's seats competitive, sure.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 08:25:21 AM »

Vermin Supreme getting fourth! Can't cream the Supreme.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 12:21:32 PM »

Every single one of those projections is based on polls that were taken before New Hampshire and many before Iowa.

Not just that, but all of them have ridiculously low sample sizes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies