Democratic New Hampshire primary results thread (polls close @7pm and 8pm ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:23:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic New Hampshire primary results thread (polls close @7pm and 8pm ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Democratic New Hampshire primary results thread (polls close @7pm and 8pm ET)  (Read 29301 times)
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« on: February 09, 2016, 06:29:37 PM »

John King: The Clinton campaign "misunderestimated" Sanders

Really? Even after President Bush screwed up by using that one?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=misunderestimate
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 06:33:17 PM »

To all the people who say the Democratic Party isn't moving left. THAT definitely would not have been the case 10-20 years ago.

NH voters are extremely liberal. Same for Iowans. 2nd and 3rd most demographically friendly states to Sanders.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 06:40:07 PM »

So I'm guessing approximately 20 minutes until AoSHQDD projects the Bernie win?
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 06:47:06 PM »

So I'm guessing approximately 20 minutes until AoSHQDD projects the Bernie win?
They are sharing toplines in 17 minutes, but believe they said they wouldn't make projections for another hour after that out of respect to poll workers.
Doh! I should have checked their twitter account first. Wink thanks though
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 07:19:33 PM »

Sanders didn't write a concession speech. Remind me again who is supposed to want a coronation?

I cannot wait until Nevada and South Carolina. This man needs a major ego check

I agree. But it will all equal out when the same thing is announced for Hillary in SC. Wink
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 08:05:58 PM »

I suppose it's nice that evil doesn't win every battle.

Someone is butthurt while winning. Wink
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 08:45:39 PM »

I am feeling so much schadenfreude. Hillary performing like this, losing women, and only narrowly winning the minorities...

You really can't compare minorities in NH (especially due to the extremely small sample size and therefore gigantic margin of error) with minorities in the rest of the country.

BINGO!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 08:51:30 PM »

Jake Tapper screwed up on air. He said Hillary called Bernie to concede "the race". If by race you mean the NH primary, then yes. I consider "the race" to be the entire nomination cycle.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 09:01:03 PM »

It's okay. Sanders will be doing this far more in the future. Wink
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 09:34:25 PM »

Bernie said "in a few months we will need to unite this party behind the nominee so we can beat the right-wing nominee" YUGGEEE!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 09:40:58 PM »

Sanders is making a speech as a future nominee. It's a smart move. All he can hope for is building enough momentum with what seems like a landslide win to appear as the new inevitable candidate.
Lies. He's already mentioned uniting behind the nominee in a few months, which will be Clinton.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 10:12:26 PM »

Sanders said "the beginning of a political revolution" which is right, once his supporters unite behind Hillary. Wink
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2016, 10:14:42 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2016, 10:16:13 PM by ♥♦ 3peat 2016 ♣♠ »

The rest of America has just started tuning in.  A long speech is the best thing he could do.  It makes him look viable that the networks are covering him for a half an hour and that he is hitting all his talking points.  

Sanders isn't electable.

He may be the most electable Democrat in decades. With Clinton you won't independents, so you have already lost the general. Plus no connect with the youth to make the loss every bigger!

Sanders is the only hope now anyways!

Just plain wrong. If you are still here in October I will prove it to you. This guy was a "rookie" here a week ago, but now he's a political expert.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2016, 10:18:57 PM »

The rest of America has just started tuning in.  A long speech is the best thing he could do.  It makes him look viable that the networks are covering him for a half an hour and that he is hitting all his talking points. 

Sanders isn't electable.

He may be the most electable Democrat in decades. With Clinton you won't independents, so you have already lost the general. Plus no connect with the youth to make the loss every bigger!

Just plain wrong. If you are still here in October I will prove it to you.

You can't. Hillary is the most un-electable Democrat candidate I have seen in the last 30 odd years. Kerry, Gore, who lost were a MUCH MUCH better candidate than Hillary. There is reason why Sanders has clawed back so much & why a rookie like Obama beat her. Atleast Bill was a great orator!

Hillary is ten times the orator of Bernie. He usually comes off as an angry man.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 10:20:42 PM »

It's all downhill from here for Bernie. Time to feel the (Hillary) burn. Wink
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 10:23:48 PM »

The rest of America has just started tuning in.  A long speech is the best thing he could do.  It makes him look viable that the networks are covering him for a half an hour and that he is hitting all his talking points. 

Sanders isn't electable.

You can't. Hillary is the most un-electable Democrat candidate I have seen in the last 30 odd years. Kerry, Gore, who lost were a MUCH MUCH better candidate than Hillary. There is reason why Sanders has clawed back so much & why a rookie like Obama beat her. Atleast Bill was a great orator!

Hillary is ten times the orator of Bernie. He usually comes off as an angry man.

I don't know for Sanders, but, no Hillary isn't a good candidate. If she were, she would be ending her 2nd term in a few months.
Lies, lies, lies. It's usually Republicans that nominate their former runner-up for the nomination the next cycle, but this time the Democrats will be nominating their prior runner-up. Hillary beat Obama in the 2008 democratic primaries for the popular vote.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 10:25:53 PM »

Sanders isn't electable.

I don't know for Sanders, but, no Hillary isn't a good candidate. If she were, she would be ending her 2nd term in a few months.

Roll Eyes She won the popular vote in 2008. People act as if Obama eviscerated her.
I just made that very point. Great minds think alike. Wink
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2016, 10:29:26 PM »

I don't give a sh**t about this tiny ass state that just like Iowa doesn't represent most of America. Too white, too liberal and far too few people. Hillary is gonna dominate Bernie in 3 weeks. Super Tuesday baby!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 10:34:41 PM »

Hillary was crushed tonight. The polls were showing it something like 55%-45%, as the predictions from earlier today here showed.

Yes it's New Hampshire, but then again look at how much establishment support she has, look at how marginal Bernie was supposed to be months ago. You can't dismiss this. Whatever Clinton's doing, it's not working-- and what Sanders is doing, is working. His message of political revolution is resonating. Her message of caution is not resonating.

These early states are too white, too liberal and far too few people. Hillary is gonna dominate Bernie in 3 weeks. Super Tuesday baby!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 10:36:41 PM »

Well one prediction was right : we got a bunch of butthurt Clinton fans tonight! Cheesy

Yep, real butthurt that she's on track to win ONLY 46 states and was defeated in Sanders' second best state that everyone knew would go for him by big margins but only after defeating him in his third best state, giving her 385 delegates (8%) of the total to Sanders' 29 delegates (less than 1%).
So much despondence. Quaking in our boots.
She has 22 Delegate to 21 Delegate. Those are super delegates, some of whom have switched to Bernie & these people go to whoever is the leader.
Super delegates are not cast in votes. It is very dishonest & disgusting to see such lies being said & Super-Delegates being confused.

After today Likely result -
Hillary - 29
Bernie - 34

Everyone knows this is not a delegate thing, but a psychological thing

Unpledged supers are firmly behind Clinton and will never leave her side. Bernie has like 2 congressional endorsements to her like 300+
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 10:39:40 PM »

Is CNN lying with this delegate count then?

http://www.cnn.com/election

429 Clinton
 50 Sanders
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 10:56:47 PM »

OK, looks like my memory failed me in terms of timing. But go back about 3 months further and everybody was writing off Bernie. The point is that it's unprecedented for a total outsider to do so well.

Once again...
The early states are too white, too liberal and far too few people. Hillary is gonna dominate Bernie in 3 weeks. Super Tuesday baby!
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 10:58:57 PM »

OK, looks like my memory failed me in terms of timing. But go back about 3 months further and everybody was writing off Bernie. The point is that it's unprecedented for a total outsider to do so well.

Well now you're correct. But it's already been priced in that he's doing far better than anyone expected at the very beginning. This was why the "Bernie won Iowa because he made it close!" theory never held water. Once it became clear he was a serious candidate, Iowa was supposed to be one of his easiest targets.

That's exactly right. Bill Clinton lost both early states in 1992 and still won the party nomination overwhelming and Hillary would have done the same this year even if Bernie had barely won Iowa.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 11:00:19 PM »

Nobody cares. Show me that again in 3 weeks.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 11:16:04 PM »

I don't see why Hillary supporters are upset.

She is by far the most likely winner and it will force herself to be a better candidate. Hillary being better is good for the general, no?

Here's my perspective:
Bernie never had a real chance to win the party nomination. He also knows this. You can tell from his speech tonight by him saying that "we need to unite as a party in a few months, to defeat the right wing extremist" But because he made a run for the nomination he could potentially isolate many young voters and potentially many under 45 voters as well. It's just lunacy when Dems could have had a cake walk to the Presidency if we all stayed united, but now it's starting to fray, and within a few months many voters COULD (and i stress COULD) become disinterested and not turn out for Hillary in the GE. This would cause the party to be fractured for no good reason.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies