The Mormans in Nevada
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:59:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Mormans in Nevada
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Mormans in Nevada  (Read 259 times)
Panda Express

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2016, 02:02:12 AM »

Mormans were 25% of the GOP electorate in Nevada 2012. That's quite significant. They went 88% for Romney. This time around there are no Mormans to hog all of the votes. So who gets them? Trump doesn't seem to poll very well with the Mormans. One might think Rubio due to his Morman past but he seems to be going down. Mormans are notoriously low energy so maybe there is an opportunity for Jeb!?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 02:05:24 AM »

I think the Church is officially opposed to Trump.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 02:45:57 AM »

It's also worth noting that Mormons might not comprise one-quarter of the election in this primary, though I imagine the drop-off wouldn't be all that much. There was probably some "hometown pride" in 2012 that boosted levels of turnout. I'd surmise that there might be two very distinct types of Mormons in terms of voters: one group would be the type to vote in every single election no matter what (the "rule"), and the other group would be the type that actually shies away from politics (the "exception"). I know Mormons don't shun politics in the same way as Jehovah's Witnesses do, but I guess I'm imagining a similar dynamic for the latter group.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies