Bernie broke 60% in NH
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:59:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie broke 60% in NH
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie broke 60% in NH  (Read 1099 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 10, 2016, 06:46:34 PM »

And just since the polls closed less than 24 hours ago, he's raised well over $6 million.

Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 07:23:25 PM »

And he won the female vote.  ROFL at TN Vol.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:29:26 PM »

Tn Vol was likely trolling.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 07:34:07 PM »

Well yeah, that's all he really does.  Does it make it any less annoying?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 07:34:23 PM »
« Edited: February 10, 2016, 07:36:20 PM by TN volunteer »

Here's my theory on where things stand in NH: I feel like the only way Sanders can win NH is if enough Democrats, err, Independents and angry women troll the GOP primary and vote for Trump or Cruz to make Hillary well-positioned for the general election. There will be a strong correlation between Sanders' and Trump's margin: The bigger Sanders' margin is (the fewer women vote for Clinton), the better Trump will do (because NH women have decided to troll the GOP primary). If Clinton wins NH (because of record-high women turnout), Trump will underperform massively. So this whole thing is going to come down to one question: What will be more important for NH Democrats/women/young voters: Voting against a black man or trolling the GOP primary?
There's no way that NH would vote for a man over a woman under normal circumstances, but those aren't normal circumstances by any means.

He still lost angry women by a massive margin, though. And NH is still a solid blue state. Smiley
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 07:40:30 PM »

Here's my theory on where things stand in NH: I feel like the only way Sanders can win NH is if enough Democrats, err, Independents and angry women troll the GOP primary and vote for Trump or Cruz to make Hillary well-positioned for the general election. There will be a strong correlation between Sanders' and Trump's margin: The bigger Sanders' margin is (the fewer women vote for Clinton), the better Trump will do (because NH women have decided to troll the GOP primary). If Clinton wins NH (because of record-high women turnout), Trump will underperform massively. So this whole thing is going to come down to one question: What will be more important for NH Democrats/women/young voters: Voting against a black man or trolling the GOP primary?
There's no way that NH would vote for a man over a woman under normal circumstances, but those aren't normal circumstances by any means.

He still lost angry women by a massive margin, though. And NH is still a solid blue state. Smiley

More people voted in the GOP primary than the Democratic one.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 08:17:04 PM »

Looks like it was around $6.5 million at the 24 hours since polls closed (8 PM ET) mark.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 08:42:02 PM »

Roll Eyes
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 09:21:04 PM »

Clinton surely felt the Bern last night.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 09:21:32 PM »

As did all those women in hell for supporting Sanders.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 09:28:29 PM »

When the money keeps rollin in
what's a boy to do?
Cream a little off the top
for expenses wouldn't you?

Nothing but crass speculation, but I can't help but think that some of that cash will end up in a personal account.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 10:18:03 PM »

Roll Eyes

...  Okay?

Not saying it's a red state.  Not even saying it's a toss-up.  However, it is not a solid D state, period.  The fact I pointed out, along with the split Senate and House delegation, close national margins and state legislatures prove that.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 11:24:23 PM »

Beautiful indeed! "60% for Bernie" is going to be a nice talking point for the media.

On the minus side, that means I'm only getting 1 point for my prediction. Tongue
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 11:39:21 PM »

Analysis:

Angry women (26%): Hillary Clinton 78%, Bernie Sanders 21%
Young voters (19%): Bernie Sanders 83%, Hillary Clinton 16%
Others (55%): Bernie Sanders 69%, Hillary Clinton 29%

Final result: Bernie Sanders 60%, Hillary Clinton 38%

Too many angry NH women voted in the Republican primary. Clinton needed at least 33% angry women to vote in the Democratic primary and a 85-15 margin with this group to stand a chance. Didn't happen. Sanders dominated her among young voters and men.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 01:25:04 AM »

Is anyone surprised that Bernie's best county (the only one where he broke 70%) ended up being Cheshire? My money was on Grafton: it's more rural, more to the Northern and "Vermont-ish". It also was the strongest county for Bradley, Dean and Obama.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 01:35:42 AM »

I'm hearing that this is the largest margin of victory of any non incumbent Democrat in the NH primary.  Dukakis winning by 16 points was 2nd place. It also beats the incumbent's victories in 1968 and 1980.  No one ever won the Democratic NH primary by double digits and failed to get the nomination. Of course we're not going to take anything for granted, it will be a long hard primary fight.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 02:06:53 AM »

I'm hearing that this is the largest margin of victory of any non incumbent Democrat in the NH primary.  Dukakis winning by 16 points was 2nd place. It also beats the incumbent's victories in 1968 and 1980.  No one ever won the Democratic NH primary by double digits and failed to get the nomination. Of course we're not going to take anything for granted, it will be a long hard primary fight.

Among registered Democrats they were tied.

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/opinion/among-registered-democrats-hillary-clinton-and-bernie-sanders-finished-tied-in-new-hampshire/23800/
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 03:20:27 AM »

I'm hearing that this is the largest margin of victory of any non incumbent Democrat in the NH primary.  Dukakis winning by 16 points was 2nd place. It also beats the incumbent's victories in 1968 and 1980.  No one ever won the Democratic NH primary by double digits and failed to get the nomination. Of course we're not going to take anything for granted, it will be a long hard primary fight.

Among registered Democrats they were tied.

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/opinion/among-registered-democrats-hillary-clinton-and-bernie-sanders-finished-tied-in-new-hampshire/23800/

I think Hillary won registered Democrats in the 2008 primaries.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 04:40:55 AM »
« Edited: February 11, 2016, 04:44:26 AM by Ronnie »

And yet, Hillary and Bernie are effectively tied in delegates from the state, factoring in superdelegates.

Chances are Bernie's wasting his time, in terms of being able to surmount Hillary for the nomination, but he's giving her some necessary training so that she won't be rusty when she has to deal with the Republican nominee.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 05:18:22 AM »

And just since the polls closed less than 24 hours ago, he's raised well over $6 million.

What about getting a new goal? Lazy campaign.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies