You have to own at least 1/5 of an acre of land to vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:23:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  You have to own at least 1/5 of an acre of land to vote
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: You have to own at least 1/5 of an acre of land to vote  (Read 2002 times)
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2005, 09:32:41 PM »

What's the 2004 map look like?
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 09:35:43 PM »

A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 09:38:42 PM »

Bush 71%, Kerry 28%
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 09:39:06 PM »

because only those fascist Republicans could pass such a law. Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 09:39:59 PM »

Since no U.S. major city would be allowed to cast a ballot, farmers and suburbs cause a major GOP victory.

D.C. would not be able to cast a single ballot, Vermont does not have any major cities and their farmers are pretty Democratic, and nearly all the Republicans in Hawaii live in Honolulu so the city loss would actually hurt us there:

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 09:41:31 PM »

Since no U.S. major city would be allowed to cast a ballot, farmers and suburbs cause a major GOP victory.

D.C. would not be able to cast a single ballot, Vermont does not have any major cities and their farmers are pretty Democratic, and nearly all the Republicans in Hawaii live in Honolulu so the city loss would actually hurt us there:

The Republican shading is way too dark and Massachusetts would go Democrat. Someone in DC probably owns a 1/5th of an acre.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 09:46:29 PM »

You should seriously have to own at least 1/5 of an acre of land to vote for Senate.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 09:47:20 PM »

Rhode Island and Maine would go Dem as well.  I wonder how many voters would even be allowed in NY.  I can't even pretend know how much land a fifth of an acre is.  Is that the size of a football field or thereabouts?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 09:47:42 PM »

Rhode Island and Maine would go Dem as well.  I wonder how many voters would even be allowed in NY.  I can't even pretend know how much land a fifth of an acre is.  Is that the size of a football field or thereabouts?

Much smaller
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 09:48:54 PM »

Rhode Island and Maine would go Dem as well.  I wonder how many voters would even be allowed in NY.  I can't even pretend know how much land a fifth of an acre is.  Is that the size of a football field or thereabouts?

No, it's a very small amount. Like suburb small.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »

Rhode Island and Maine would go Dem as well.  I wonder how many voters would even be allowed in NY.  I can't even pretend know how much land a fifth of an acre is.  Is that the size of a football field or thereabouts?

Depends on the suburb I guess.  I actually looked it up on mynassauproperty.com and learned that I would be disenfranchised under this schema.  I guess I would have to polish up the ole Kalishnikov:)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 11:34:13 PM »

Depends on the suburb I guess.  I actually looked it up on mynassauproperty.com and learned that I would be disenfranchised under this schema.  I guess I would have to polish up the ole Kalishnikov:)

So would I, I am in Massapequa, my property is about 1/6 of an acre (& its worth 500K +)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 11:43:57 PM »

So would I, I am in Massapequa, my property is about 1/6 of an acre (& its worth 500K +)

Yeah it is pretty obscene here.  I just moved to Lynbrook from Long Beach- it was just too expensive in LB to make it worth my while to stay there.  I like NY but I am still thinking about going somewhere where the cost of living is a little better. 
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 11:44:30 PM »

Maybe wee should base it off value of the property  Smiley
Redefeatbush04

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2005, 11:47:29 PM »
« Edited: May 28, 2005, 11:57:02 PM by RED NJ AVATAR »

Democrats still win DC, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.

Democrats lose Oregon, Minnesota, Washington, California, Hawaii, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2005, 11:51:57 PM »

Yeah it is pretty obscene here.  I just moved to Lynbrook from Long Beach- it was just too expensive in LB to make it worth my while to stay there.  I like NY but I am still thinking about going somewhere where the cost of living is a little better. 

I just got out of the mortgage industry.  One thing is (if your credit is decent) their are  many programs out there (100% interest only) that makes things alot easier (although I am 23 & still live with my parents partially because f the $$$ reason).  But the values in the area can really make you some quick $$$.  A friend of mine bought a home in West Islip back in August for 470k, he had it appraised back in March for 540k with very little work done to the home.  If he decided to sell it that would have been a quick $70,000.  Two hom,es around the block from me are going for 479 (with hardly anywork done to the home & in the Farmingdale SD) & 549,000 ( decent amount of work & Massapequa SD).  These are the prices of homes in Massapequa Park no where even near the water (north of SUnrise Mall right near the Farmingdale SD).  Go south of Merrick Road and you will be hard pressed to find a home cheaper than 700k or so (right near the water most are over 1 million)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies