Bernie Sanders slams Obama: Obama hasn't closed "Leadership Gap"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:36:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie Sanders slams Obama: Obama hasn't closed "Leadership Gap"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders slams Obama: Obama hasn't closed "Leadership Gap"  (Read 1356 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 12:21:29 PM »

Nothing is Obama's fault. He is God's messiah.

Dems will continue to loose in the South -> Not his fault
The Country has gone right wards -> Not his fault
Billionaires buy elections -> Not his fault
Even with a Black President & there is a broken Criminal Justice System -> 0 fault of his
People don't vote -> Not his fault
Dems loose mid-terms -> Not his fault
More people in jail than any other country -> Not his fault
There is a disaster in Libya -> Not his fault.

If people have an excuse for everything, you can NEVER succeed.

You can go for a revolution & change the system because IT IS NOT WORKING anymore

Ok well, I'll let you stew in your ignorance. I just find it funny because it seems like you have absolutely no idea why those things would be his fault. You just like blaming him for it because it's easy to do and requires you to put minimal thought into it.

I think you're being obstinate just to prove you're point when it is common sense really. A president who was voted with a tremendous mandate to bring radical change has to accept some responsibility.

If 60-70% of the people are anti-establishment (with Sanders, Trump Winning) & if you have a poor favorability rating & you accomplish no major change, you have to be a man to take criticism rather make excuses.

If Sanders can not do anything to make Dems a 50 state party, loses mid-term elections as President & than make excuses about not having the house, then I will says the same about him.

As Leader of the ship, you have to take responsibility for the failures!
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 12:23:46 PM »

The fact that he has 47% approval rating & going low & more than 65-70% of the country things direction is wrong says enough. Why on earth are Sanders, Trump, Cruz leading? One of the major reasons is the failure of Obama.

Please gave him everything in 2008 on the hopes of change & he did very little. I was an Obama supporter in 2008

How have Obama showed leadership? What has he done to take money out of politics? Immigration Reform? Are the people of the country really involved & have a say in campaign finance & policy in Washington?

How can he control his poll numbers with the full right wing hate machine pummeling him for 8 years straight? He hasn't been a bad president. He took control basically at the beginning of our recession and it's been hard on him with an uncooperative Congress and a public who doesn't quite understand the real reasons he can't get anything done.

He did very little? Look at what they passed while they had the time. It wasn't an enormous amount but it was decent, given the circumstances. They only had a 60-vote supermajority for a very, very small amount of time and it wasn't possible to ram through his entire agenda, much less a fraction of it, in the time they had. He was lucky to get a couple Republican votes on Dodd-Frank. You need to get this idea out of your head that he can just will his agenda or a new Democratic majority into existence. Republicans took back the House in 2010 as we all know, and they began gleefully obstructing EVERYTHING he wanted to do for the express purpose of making him look bad and hopefully ruin his reelection. How do you not get that at this point?

As for those two things at the end - He did try what he could using EO's for immigration reform. You think Republicans will help him with immigration? The establishment tried in 2013 and got shut down by the right wingers. As for money in politics - Have you ever heard of the DISCLOSE Act? It failed by 1 vote in the US Senate in 2010. Yes, that's right, the special election of Brown R-MA screwed their supermajority and Republicans held tight by obstructing everything they could to prevent Democrats from governing. So seriously, what could he do? He's considering some EOs at this point but there are very real limits to what he can do with those.

Really, just go away. Please.

Why is the House & Senate not with him?

Why does he loose mid-terms?

Why is Voter turnout so low after 2008?

Why is the Dem not a 50 state party?

Why can't he bring the white working people back who deserted the Dems after Reagan?

Why has the entire policy shifted rightwards & people still following the Reagan policy & economics?

He got a revolutionary vote to bring change. Where is the change?

I don't think he is bad. I actually think he was Decent or Okay.

But okay is not good enough. That is not what he was voted for ! This issues of a GOP house & I could not get it done might work with Clinton.

But that was not what Obama was voted for?

You're very incorrect. I keep saying it but it's true. My mother is a very good barometer of the country. She's a 47 year old female swing voter in Ohio. She voted for Bush twice, then Obama twice.

She dislikes liberalism, as in the multiculturalism stuff, the "agendas", the government run stuff. She rolls her eyes at the political correctness in the world.

She voted for Obama because she thought Mitt Romney was out of touch and didn't like John McCain. Literally as simple as that. I'm sure she wasn't the only one.

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 12:24:25 PM »

I'm just gonna say it's not the smartest thing to say before a debate and the South Carolina primary.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 12:25:17 PM »

Shadows, you need to work on your hostility issues, and you need to do it now. The first step to making America a better place, is for folks to interact with one another politely, and do so, even if they are not so polite to you. Christ had a point about turning the other cheek. And once we get to that point, we can move on to trying to make America a utopia in Bernie Sanders' image. One step at a time.

Anyway, the main thing is don't call other posters hacks, and other names, and well, stop shouting. We have posters here of widely varying opinions, and particularly these days, most get along well, and some with utterly divergent opinions, actually like each other personally, even as they sometimes yank each other's chains in a good natured way. May you be inspired by their example.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 12:33:22 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2016, 12:37:12 PM by Shadows »

The fact that he has 47% approval rating & going low & more than 65-70% of the country things direction is wrong says enough. Why on earth are Sanders, Trump, Cruz leading? One of the major reasons is the failure of Obama.

Please gave him everything in 2008 on the hopes of change & he did very little. I was an Obama supporter in 2008

How have Obama showed leadership? What has he done to take money out of politics? Immigration Reform? Are the people of the country really involved & have a say in campaign finance & policy in Washington?

How can he control his poll numbers with the full right wing hate machine pummeling him for 8 years straight? He hasn't been a bad president. He took control basically at the beginning of our recession and it's been hard on him with an uncooperative Congress and a public who doesn't quite understand the real reasons he can't get anything done.

He did very little? Look at what they passed while they had the time. It wasn't an enormous amount but it was decent, given the circumstances. They only had a 60-vote supermajority for a very, very small amount of time and it wasn't possible to ram through his entire agenda, much less a fraction of it, in the time they had. He was lucky to get a couple Republican votes on Dodd-Frank. You need to get this idea out of your head that he can just will his agenda or a new Democratic majority into existence. Republicans took back the House in 2010 as we all know, and they began gleefully obstructing EVERYTHING he wanted to do for the express purpose of making him look bad and hopefully ruin his reelection. How do you not get that at this point?

As for those two things at the end - He did try what he could using EO's for immigration reform. You think Republicans will help him with immigration? The establishment tried in 2013 and got shut down by the right wingers. As for money in politics - Have you ever heard of the DISCLOSE Act? It failed by 1 vote in the US Senate in 2010. Yes, that's right, the special election of Brown R-MA screwed their supermajority and Republicans held tight by obstructing everything they could to prevent Democrats from governing. So seriously, what could he do? He's considering some EOs at this point but there are very real limits to what he can do with those.

Really, just go away. Please.

Why is the House & Senate not with him?

Why does he loose mid-terms?

Why is Voter turnout so low after 2008?

Why is the Dem not a 50 state party?

Why can't he bring the white working people back who deserted the Dems after Reagan?

Why has the entire policy shifted rightwards & people still following the Reagan policy & economics?

He got a revolutionary vote to bring change. Where is the change?

I don't think he is bad. I actually think he was Decent or Okay.

But okay is not good enough. That is not what he was voted for ! This issues of a GOP house & I could not get it done might work with Clinton.

But that was not what Obama was voted for?

You're very incorrect. I keep saying it but it's true. My mother is a very good barometer of the country. She's a 47 year old female swing voter in Ohio. She voted for Bush twice, then Obama twice.

She dislikes liberalism, as in the multiculturalism stuff, the "agendas", the government run stuff. She rolls her eyes at the political correctness in the world.

She voted for Obama because she thought Mitt Romney was out of touch and didn't like John McCain. Literally as simple as that. I'm sure she wasn't the only one.

I think your 47 your old mother ( & due respect to her) is not entirely representative of the country. Your nick IMO is what the problem is - Reagan, pushed the US in a direction & has destroyed the political direction.

And IMO I am not saying Obama is bad & you being a Reagan fan will not understand this. McCain or Romney were not IMO good enough to beat Obama, especially in a debate. But being better than McCain & Romney is not good enough.

You Mother may be those extra votes but Obama's core votes - The progressives, he turned his back  on them. Obama was supposed to be a liberal, highly progressive President who will do for the Dems what Reagan did for the GOP.

Obama was not voted to appeal to Swing voters who voted for Bush of all people. It is good that he got but his agenda was not for his people, but for the progressives who have been sidelined for too long
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 12:36:10 PM »

Shadows, you need to work on your hostility issues, and you need to do it now. The first step to making America a better place, is for folks to interact with one another politely, and do so, even if they are not so polite to you. Christ had a point about turning the other cheek. And once we get to that point, we can move on to trying to make America a utopia in Bernie Sanders' image. One step at a time.

Anyway, the main thing is don't call other posters hacks, and other names, and well, stop shouting. We have posters here of widely varying opinions, and particularly these days, most get along well, and some with utterly divergent opinions, actually like each other personally, even as they sometimes yank each other's chains in a good natured way. May you be inspired by their example.

Some of these posters are some of the morally bankrupt, unethical people I have seen here who disrespect Sanders fan, call them names & even support unethical, dishonest stuff.

Just like the GOP who want a debate in the Reagan directed economic & political discourse, they want a place where Sanders has no visibility, no voice & his fans are treated as outcasts.

I have tried to be nice. But when someone insults other people, call them Berniebots & most of all make such unethical statements, I really DO NOT want them to have a good view of me.

I DO NOT THINK they are nice people & would rather not talk.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 12:42:04 PM »

Well given your anger management issues, what you really need to do, for the host of posters the enrage you, is to put them all on ignore. Then you won't see what they write. If you continue to conduct yourself in the way you are doing, it is just not going to work out. We expect posters to interact with other posters in a civil way. Obviously, there is some leeway in that, and posters are human, but that is the standard, and we expect posters to make a good faith effort to try to meet that standard, understanding that there might be a lapse here and there.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 12:46:25 PM »

Well given your anger management issues, what you really need to do, for the host of posters the enrage you, is to put them all on ignore. Then you won't see what they write. If you continue to conduct yourself in the way you are doing, it is just not going to work out. We expect posters to interact with other posters in a civil way. Obviously, there is some leeway in that, and posters are human, but that is the standard, and we expect posters to make a good faith effort to try to meet that standard, understanding that there might be a lapse here and there.

Okay, Cheers!

Maybe you could read my posts again, I think you will agree with most of my views!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2016, 12:47:57 PM »

Bernie only gets angry at the billionyauhs and millionyauhs, not at the brave people who still support beloved statesman Barack Obama.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2016, 12:51:30 PM »

I can't help but feel the word "slam" gets overused on this forum.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 12:53:27 PM »

Yeah, its really not a good idea to be seen as having a feud with the most successful Democratic president in 50 years (I think its fair to say Obama has been able do more than Clinton, and Carter lost re-election, which brings us to LBJ and Kennedy in the 60s).
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 12:53:57 PM »

Shadows, you're absolutely wrong. I should also note, Obama ran as a sensible, likable guy. He didn't say, "Elect me and we will band together to criticize police, ban the Dukes of Hazzard, and light the White House in gay rainbow lights."

Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 12:56:43 PM »

Shadows, you're absolutely wrong. I should also note, Obama ran as a sensible, likable guy. He didn't say, "Elect me and we will band together to criticize police, ban the Dukes of Hazzard, and light the White House in gay rainbow lights."

Itt: People who are surprised that the first black president doesn't care for racism and symbols of racism.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 12:57:45 PM »

He had a core progressive base which was his largest vote bank, he had a historic vote & huge turnout. I think he drifted center after 1 year or 2.

You would obviously be happy with it. I actually think Bill Clinton was a better President than Obama even if you consider the fact that he did inherit an economy in recession, maybe I am wrong or maybe it's due to the fact that I was a big time Bill supporter & a fan of his speeches.

IMO history would not remember Obama as an amazing President but a decent on & his core voters hoped for more!
psychprofessor

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 12:59:42 PM »

Well, now it is on politico and their link is "sanders slams obama" so I guess they like to use the word "slam" as well :-)

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/bernie-sanders-slams-obama-219131

Politically, I don't think this makes sense. But what's more troubling is the disconnect from reality - this hasn't been an issue of Obama's leadership over the last 8 years.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 08:27:35 PM »

My take on this is that Sanders is reacting to the speech Obama gave yesterday:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/obama-clinton-speech_us_56bb9af7e4b08ffac123b6bc

The speech was given the day after Sanders and Donald Trump won landslide victories in N.H.  It reads like thinly veiled praise of Hillary's campaign themes and equally thinly veiled criticism of Sanders.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies