Elizabeth Warren 2004 Video - Hillary changed vote after getting huge money
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:41:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Elizabeth Warren 2004 Video - Hillary changed vote after getting huge money
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2004 Video - Hillary changed vote after getting huge money  (Read 966 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2016, 01:13:51 PM »
« edited: February 11, 2016, 02:22:16 PM by Shadows »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://shadowproof.com/2016/02/08/elizabeth-warren-hillary-clinton-sold-out-to-wall-street/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12mJ-U76nfg

This thing has gone viral & 2-3 news channels played this clip & asked Hillary her opinion?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 01:49:01 PM »

This began circulating at least a week ago, and Hillary has already done a spectacular job explaining why she did what she did.

Take your hit piece somewhere else.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 01:53:24 PM »

Why is "money" capitalized? Is "money" a proper noun here?
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 02:15:17 PM »

This began circulating at least a week ago, and Hillary has already done a spectacular job explaining why she did what she did.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/02/09/elizabeth-warrens-critique-of-hillary-clintons-2001-bankruptcy-vote/

Her explanation for the 2001 vote was complete bull. 

Give her credit, though, that she changed her mind in 2005 when the bill came back up and was on the right side then.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 02:23:28 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/02/09/elizabeth-warrens-critique-of-hillary-clintons-2001-bankruptcy-vote/

Give her credit, though, that she changed her mind in 2005 when the bill came back up and was on the right side then.

Brutally exposed - It's like a politician who has been caught receiving bribes.

Why is "money" capitalized? Is "money" a proper noun here?

My bad, Changed!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 02:41:28 PM »

Hillary's she did it for the children excuse seems lame. The discharge issue is of far more import. I really hate the credit card companies. They push folks to borrow to buy what they cannot afford, charge usurious interest rates, and then when it is BK time, they want to make it hard to discharge the debt (you almost need a lawyer to make sure you time stuff, and have the right fact pattern, so that the credit debt will be discharged), so the wages of the borrow can be garnished forever.

It's nauseating really, and it does look like Hillary was bought. I think its time to occupy Wall Street. Has anybody thought of doing that before?  And when Watersworld shows up with their cameras to interview me, I will put down my joint, and give Waters a looooong and specific list of what is on my agenda to rein in the abuses of Wall Street (other than getting him to date me). And then I will suggest that I be invited on the O'Reilly show so that I can explain it all to him. I will leave my pot in the green room in exchange.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 03:09:55 PM »

Hillary's she did it for the children excuse seems lame. The discharge issue is of far more import. I really hate the credit card companies. They push folks to borrow to buy what they cannot afford, charge usurious interest rates, and then when it is BK time, they want to make it hard to discharge the debt (you almost need a lawyer to make sure you time stuff, and have the right fact pattern, so that the credit debt will be discharged), so the wages of the borrow can be garnished forever.

It's nauseating really, and it does look like Hillary was bought. I think its time to occupy Wall Street. Has anybody thought of doing that before?  And when Watersworld shows up with their cameras to interview me, I will put down my joint, and give Waters a looooong and specific list of what is on my agenda to rein in the abuses of Wall Street (other than getting him to date me). And then I will suggest that I be invited on the O'Reilly show so that I can explain it all to him. I will leave my pot in the green room in exchange.

I want to see capital gains taxed at the same or atleast close to a similar rate as normal taxes. And I want to see a Wall Street Speculation Tax on their 100's of Trillions of Dollars derivative market.

The amount of money they would spend in lobbying to get it repealed would be unreal
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 03:10:59 PM »

Sometimes I feel bad for Hillary because she can't even lie convincingly.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 03:30:20 AM »

Not really, and the article you provide even concludes that this series of events does not adequately prove Hillary's claim wrong.

I mean, let's be honest: You don't know how many women's groups begged and begged Hillary to work on their behalf and amend the bill. And it's also totally reasonable that part of the wheeling and dealing to get the bill changed would have involved her eventually supporting it. So if this thing had a chance of passing and Hillary knew no one else would stand up to improve the legislation, taking one for the team if it meant a better final draft seems worthwhile.

Anyhow, I realize that the standard with Hillary is always "when there's smoke, there's fire." The thing is, the only reason people yell "fire" is because they want to find reasons to hate her, even if it requires essentially making things up.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2016, 04:21:39 AM »

It's like partial birth abortion, she was up to banning it, but did vote to keep in on the crucial vote.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 12:10:53 AM »

What's this? Clinton may have not been completely truthful with voters about her changing her support on an issue due to big money being involved? That's both incredible and simply not possible!

Yet another example of why folks don't trust politicians...
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 01:08:56 AM »

This has been around for quite some time - weird that it's just now getting noticed. I had it in my sig on AAD like 3 months ago.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies