Hillary mocks Sanders/Rubio: Obama knows exactly what he's doing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:34:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary mocks Sanders/Rubio: Obama knows exactly what he's doing
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary mocks Sanders/Rubio: Obama knows exactly what he's doing  (Read 2020 times)
HillOfANight
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 11, 2016, 01:49:14 PM »

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/697852256557928448

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/sanders-obama-hasn-t-closed-presidential-leadership-gap-n516586?utm_medium=social&utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=20160211
F_S_USATN

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 01:50:44 PM »

Any tweet that makes it through the 50 layers of HRC HQ's better be good
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 01:50:59 PM »

I don't think this is anything more than a shot at Rubio.

Edit: Didn't see that she actually linked that article. My bad.
HillOfANight
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 01:51:32 PM »

I don't think this is anything more than a shot at Rubio.

Yep, that's why it's linked to http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/sanders-obama-hasn-t-closed-presidential-leadership-gap-n516586?utm_medium=social&utm_source=tw&utm_campaign=20160211
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 01:51:59 PM »

Sorry. Made the mistake of posting before looking.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 02:31:11 PM »

He really opened himself up to attacks by saying this right before a debate, and a couple of weeks before South Carolina.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 02:51:49 PM »

Hopefully she roasts Bernie on this tonight. He can go run in the Republican primary if he hates our president so much.
trickmind
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 02:57:09 PM »

I don't get why Bernie doesn't just say "I am proud of the accomplishments Pres. Obama has done and I hope to build on them when I am President." I actually think Sanders can put some cracks in Hillary's black support especially among younger blacks, but acting dismissive toward Obama is the worst thing he can do.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 03:03:41 PM »

I don't get why Bernie doesn't just say "I am proud of the accomplishments Pres. Obama has done and I hope to build on them when I am President." I actually think Sanders can put some cracks in Hillary's black support especially among younger blacks, but acting dismissive toward Obama is the worst thing he can do.

That's basically what he's saying, except he's saying it in a dumb way that makes it able to be quoted in headlines like the aforementioned.  He should say exactly what you said word for word, that would be smart politics.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 03:05:27 PM »

He is not an incremental President. He wants a revolution & feels the system is not fair or just. I don't think he is a fan of Obama & wants to run on "building up Obama's success."  He wants MAJOR MAJOR change.

He has however said thought when Bush was around the country was in mess, 100's of 1000's of jobs were lost daily & Obama did well to help the economy recover & add jobs back. He also talked how Bush took the country to a war that they should not have been & Obama did his best to get out of it.

I have not seen him make any downright negative comments about Obama. Hillary is a politician, she will keep making these comments, her fans are unethical & will spin it anyways to make Sanders look bad.

Anyways I'm really tired of the "Obama knows", "Obama doesn't know". It's getting stupid. I think Obama's achievements should be debated not whether he knows or not knows.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 03:12:48 PM »

Any tweet that makes it through the 50 layers of HRC HQ's better be good

Clearly the PR staff had to muddle this one through for a while.

Ultimately its ironic because Rubio is being mocked for being robotic by probably the only other person in the world who comes off as less authentic than he does.

HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 03:50:14 PM »

He is not an incremental President. He wants a revolution & feels the system is not fair or just. I don't think he is a fan of Obama & wants to run on "building up Obama's success."  He wants MAJOR MAJOR change.

He has however said thought when Bush was around the country was in mess, 100's of 1000's of jobs were lost daily & Obama did well to help the economy recover & add jobs back. He also talked how Bush took the country to a war that they should not have been & Obama did his best to get out of it.

I have not seen him make any downright negative comments about Obama. Hillary is a politician, she will keep making these comments, her fans are unethical & will spin it anyways to make Sanders look bad.

Anyways I'm really tired of the "Obama knows", "Obama doesn't know". It's getting stupid. I think Obama's achievements should be debated not whether he knows or not knows.

It's cute that you think a president can be anything other than incremental.

Obama championed and passed the biggest social support program in decades, which practically required the stars to align, and he's still an incremental president. I have no idea what you folks are reasonably expecting out of Bernie Sanders, but it's so, so silly.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 03:57:53 PM »

Because that's not what he thinks! Look at the people he surrounds himself, like Cornell West. Look at what he said about Obama in 2011. This is a guy thinks Obama has betrayed progressives and been bought out by Wall Street. Unfortunately for him, that view is nowhere near mainstream in the Democratic Party.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 04:01:19 PM »

I chuckled.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 04:39:10 PM »

Credit where it's due, that was very well played.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 05:43:40 PM »

Because that's not what he thinks! Look at the people he surrounds himself, like Cornell West. Look at what he said about Obama in 2011. This is a guy thinks Obama has betrayed progressives and been bought out by Wall Street. Unfortunately for him, that view is nowhere near mainstream in the Democratic Party.
Because mainstream Democrats are funded by wall street. Holy sh**t guys. When are we going to dispel the myth that Obama did not betray progressives?

If you define "progressives" the way Bernie Sanders does, then sure. But he never really cared about them that much; they are not the majority of the Democratic Party. Liberal independents who think the U.S. should be Europe are not the bedrock of the Democratic Party.

Sadly for this rising Democratic TEA Party faction, we have this thing called the Supreme Court, Congress, the Constitution, and elections, that can often muddle attempts to railroad a party's agenda (left or right) through government.

The overwhelming majority of the Democratic Party and liberals still love Obama. Attacking him as a failure or bought or whatever is suicide in the Democratic primaries.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies