WHO won the PBS Democratic debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:04:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  WHO won the PBS Democratic debate?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: -skip-
Bernie Sanders

Hillary Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 121

Author Topic: WHO won the PBS Democratic debate?  (Read 7045 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 11:12:26 PM »

Clinton was doing well in the beginning, but then she went into full raging banshee mode. Also, her suit made her look like a Hunger Games character.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 11:15:15 PM »

Clinton of course. Bernie needs to stop interrupting her he comes off as "Angry Mr Wilson" from Dennis the Menace.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 11:21:30 PM »

Missed the debate and will watch it later tonight but both sides on here are saying their candidate won without a doubt. I tend to beleieve the Sanders supporters since they say their candidate lost when he doesn't do so well. Clinton hacks on here will defend her on anything even if she killed someone....how sad.
psychprofessor

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 11:21:34 PM »

Imagine if Clinton had wagged her finger like that and raised her voice. She clearly won - he didn't refute the charges about criticizing Obama's leadership and actually doubled down on them. She also articulated her message in the closing: she's not a single issue candidate.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 11:23:31 PM »

Clinton won if you paid attention to what they were saying.
Sanders won because he didn't even try to respond to Clinton's criticisms and spoke in soundbites.
Sanders also won because he watched the first three minutes of ARGO and recited it on stage, so people will write that he improved on foreign policy.

This! I knew people were going to say Sanders won because of a few sly comments. I think he showed some real weakness on foreign policy there, but everyone seems content to give him a pass because he repeats the same things over and over again.

Perhaps I am a little late to the party, but Sanders really is seeming more and more unfit for the office. He's a great guy, well intentioned and a good politician for the most part, but the presidency isn't for everyone and I don't know if I want him handling foreign relations, or the entire executive branch for that matter, even if I do agree with most of what he says about domestic issues.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2016, 11:27:53 PM »

Missed the debate and will watch it later tonight but both sides on here are saying their candidate won without a doubt. I tend to beleieve the Sanders supporters since they say their candidate lost when he doesn't do so well. Clinton hacks on here will defend her on anything even if she killed someone....how sad.

My lord.

Sanders did well when he could return to his talking points, he believes them and delivers them with passion. He also did a great job on the Kissinger, but he has a serious issues with substance outside of those talking point.

Hillary knows her stuff, she's an agile debate. Her close was masterful. But basic rule, I don't think this changed much, if you like Sanders, you'd be happy, if you like Hillary, you'd be happy.

On balance, I think Hillary won on content and knowledge.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 11:32:54 PM »

Like I said, it was a great debate by both, but Sanders edged Clinton.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 11:33:31 PM »

Sanders crushed her.  This was his best debate. 
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2016, 11:34:55 PM »

If Sanders turned in a debate performance like that during the general election, he'd be finished. Think about it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2016, 11:35:56 PM »

I didn't watch it yet except for that wonderful Kissinger clip. Sanders must have done well if he's winning the poll on here though. He never wins the poll on here.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 11:36:14 PM »

If Sanders turned in a debate performance like that during the general election, he'd be finished. Think about it.

Yea... because I'm sure Trump would really pick him apart... Yeesh.  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 11:36:53 PM »

I didn't watch it yet except for that wonderful Kissinger clip. Sanders must have done well if he's winning the poll on here though. He never wins the poll on here.

It was a massacre, EH.  Sanders was spectacular tonight. 
Fusionmunster

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 11:38:30 PM »

Your fooling yourself if you dont think this place hasnt been swarmed with Sanders supporters recently.
Trapsy

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 11:39:54 PM »

Hillary had a strong beg and closing but the meat Sanders just dropped the oppo research. I just hate the stump speeches mid-debate.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 11:40:46 PM »

Trump would destroy him. Trump is hardly qualified, but his style would be incredibly effective against Sanders. Plus, Trump would attack from a totally different direction than Clinton.
Trapsy

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2016, 11:42:44 PM »

Hillary has a bad response to the wall street donations. There is not good response LOL.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2016, 11:42:54 PM »

For once, I agree with you on something.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2016, 11:44:29 PM »

Trump would destroy him. Trump is hardly qualified, but his style would be incredibly effective against Sanders. Plus, Trump would attack from a totally different direction than Clinton.

Bernie is a New Yorker just like Trump, dude.  You fight fire with fire.  Hillary would be as clueless as to how to deal with Trump as every other robotic suit he eviscerates at the debates.  
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2016, 11:46:30 PM »

Wasn't able to watch as well, but it does look like Sanders dominated. However I was happy to hear that Clinton went after Governor Walker. She gets some points from me for that.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2016, 11:48:34 PM »

I do agree that Sanders going after Clinton on Kissinger was delicious, though. It's not that her taking advice from him is necessarily outrageous, but her casual references to him were just so Washington-smarmy.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2016, 11:49:38 PM »

Wasn't able to watch as well, but it does look like Sanders dominated. However I was happy to hear that Clinton went after Governor Walker. She gets some points from me for that.

My takeaway is that Hillary was in attack mode and Bernie defended himself much better than he has in the past.  Nor did Clinton do anything different in trying to weaken his main talking points.  One strategy was thwarted.  The other was not.

Winner: #FeelTheBern
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2016, 11:50:32 PM »

Sanders only won on the Obama hostility and a few foreign policy questions so Clinton wi s by default.
madelka
United States
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2016, 11:52:39 PM »

Are you literally 10 years old? That being said, Clinton obviously won the debate. Sanders is the Democrats' Rubiobot.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2016, 12:30:12 AM »

I thought Sanders lost all the previous debates. This was his best performance. It was a tie. I don't think this debate mattered at all. No new information, no Christie-esque take downs, no minds changed.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2016, 12:34:36 AM »

Halperin gives them both Bs and says it'll be "forgotten quickly".

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-02-12/report-card-clinton-sanders-take-the-night-off-from-sustained-hostilities
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies