WHO won the PBS Democratic debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:57:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  WHO won the PBS Democratic debate?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Poll
Question: -skip-
Bernie Sanders

Hillary Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 121

Author Topic: WHO won the PBS Democratic debate?  (Read 6997 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2016, 12:41:02 AM »

What fraction of Democratic primary voters are old enough to know who Henry Kissinger is?
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2016, 12:43:25 AM »

What fraction of Democratic primary voters are old enough to know who Henry Kissinger is?

I'm 21 and know damn well who Henry Kissinger is, but I'm also a History major and not a Democrat, so I'm not sure if I can answer that for you.
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2016, 12:49:21 AM »

I thought it was kinda boring, so none of them.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2016, 01:27:00 AM »

LOL at Berniebots.

https://politicalwire.com/2016/02/11/the-democratic-debate/

Hillary Clinton easily won the debate. She was confident, knew the issues and didn’t let Sanders rattle her. The New York Times reported she had media training this week and it showed.

In contrast, Sanders seemed tired, rarely smiled and was best when he was angry. He’s still great at framing the key issues of the campaign. But his phrasing is so similar in every debate that he may soon be accused of having a Marco Rubio robot problem.

In the end, this debate isn’t likely to change many minds.

One more observation: It’s very interesting how President Obama looms over the Democratic race. Both Clinton and Sanders tried hard to embrace him. It’s an amazing contrast with how Republicans ran away from George W. Bush during the 2008 campaign.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2016, 01:29:52 AM »

If Sanders turned in a debate performance like that during the general election, he'd be finished. Think about it.

Yea... because I'm sure Trump would really pick him apart... Yeesh.  

Trump would destroy him. Trump is hardly qualified, but his style would be incredibly effective against Sanders. Plus, Trump would attack from a totally different direction than Clinton.

Bernie is a New Yorker just like Trump, dude.  You fight fire with fire.  Hillary would be as clueless as to how to deal with Trump as every other robotic suit he eviscerates at the debates.  

Agreed. Clinton would just look like a slimey politician compared to Trump. Sanders wouldn't.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2016, 01:31:11 AM »

If Sanders turned in a debate performance like that during the general election, he'd be finished. Think about it.

Trump would destroy him. Trump is hardly qualified, but his style would be incredibly effective against Sanders. Plus, Trump would attack from a totally different direction than Clinton.

Bernie is a New Yorker just like Trump, dude.  You fight fire with fire.  Hillary would be as clueless as to how to deal with Trump as every other robotic suit he eviscerates at the debates.  

Agreed. Clinton would just look like a slimey politician compared to Trump. Sanders wouldn't.

Trump would destroy Sanders during the debates, and this is coming from someone who's not a Trump troll.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2016, 01:33:33 AM »

I didn't watch it yet except for that wonderful Kissinger clip. Sanders must have done well if he's winning the poll on here though. He never wins the poll on here.

Your fooling yourself if you dont think this place hasnt been swarmed with Sanders supporters recently.

Yes, they are called Republicans.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2016, 01:35:03 AM »

"Nevada focus group of #PBSdebate says @BernieSanders won tonight's debate by a 25 to 9 margin"

https://twitter.com/ChrisKofinis/status/697992796565741569
Trapsy

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2016, 01:40:07 AM »

"Nevada focus group of #PBSdebate says @BernieSanders won tonight's debate by a 25 to 9 margin"

She needs to work on message.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2016, 01:41:15 AM »

Yeah and I took a poll from a focus group in some hippie college basement and it was unanimous Bernie won!

Are their any details that show this is significant?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2016, 01:47:03 AM »

Yeah and I took a poll from a focus group in some hippie college basement and it was unanimous Bernie won!

It's better than Lyndon's use of a random political wire opinion piece as evidence for a Clinton win, though unsurprisingly I don't see you taking fault with that.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2016, 01:47:41 AM »

Trump would destroy Sanders during the debates, and this is coming from someone who's not a Trump troll.

No just regular troll.
indysaff
reapersaff
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -5.91

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2016, 01:48:18 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Trapsy

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2016, 01:50:33 AM »

Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2016, 01:56:41 AM »

The grumpy old man slightly out performed the banana.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2016, 02:01:04 AM »

It's better than Lyndon's use of a random political wire opinion piece as evidence for a Clinton win, though unsurprisingly I don't see you taking fault with that.

Yeah, because Frank Luntz's focus groups which showed YUUUUUUUUUGE movement from TRUMP to Rubio after each debate proved to be SOOOOOOO accurate.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2016, 02:47:05 AM »

Just watched it. Sanders was red, sickly and coughing a lot directly into the mic. He was very shouty at times and his finger waving was more condescending than normal tonight. Clinton had missteps on Albright and Kissinger that Sanders wasted no time to pounce on, which hurt her. I think she really found her message though, that there's more affecting Americans, like racism, sexism, homophobia, and attacks on labor. So I'll say slight Clinton win.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2016, 03:02:03 AM »

Just watched it. Sanders was red, sickly and coughing a lot directly into the mic. He was very shouty at times and his finger waving was more condescending than normal tonight. Clinton had missteps on Albright and Kissinger that Sanders wasted no time to pounce on, which hurt her. I think she really found her message though, that there's more affecting Americans, like racism, sexism, homophobia, and attacks on labor. So I'll say slight Clinton win.

I like how you find hardly no possitives about bernies answers on political corruption and instead state what Hillary Clintons message is ( WWhich she mostly copied off from Bernie since she has no message excWept I'm a woman and I love Obama). You even stated how horrible she was with the Kissinger exchange which most democrats think is a horrible war criminal. That was dreadful for her and for the first time Bernie was stronger on foreign policy.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2016, 03:03:11 AM »

Because NOBODY was a progressive before Bernie Sanders Roll Eyes
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2016, 03:04:38 AM »

In what pundits have said to be a potentially game-changing turn of events, post-debate analysis reveals that Hillary and Bernie supporters alike claim victory for their respective candidates!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2016, 03:08:33 AM »

In what pundits have said to be a potentially game-changing turn of events, post-debate analysis reveals that Hillary and Bernie supporters alike claim victory for their respective candidates!

Actually what most pundits say is that she finally found a succinct and compelling anti-Sanders message: that she isn't an single-issue candidate like him.

http://www.vox.com/2016/2/11/10976502/democratic-debate-hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2016, 03:31:32 AM »

I like how you find hardly no possitives about bernies answers on political corruption and instead state what Hillary Clintons message is ( WWhich she mostly copied off from Bernie since she has no message excWept I'm a woman and I love Obama). You even stated how horrible she was with the Kissinger exchange which most democrats think is a horrible war criminal. That was dreadful for her and for the first time Bernie was stronger on foreign policy.

Ok? Sanders' message tonight was the same one he used in every other debate so why even bother talking about it even more. Economy? "Wall Street". Foreign policy? "Iraq war vote in 2003". Oh, he did have one new line, about he it wasn't him that ran against Obama in 2008, which is probably the weakest deflection of all his Obama criticism I've ever seen in my life. And he was so out of his league on foreign policy that it was sad - it just looks like he improved compared to the last debate because it wasn't embarrassingly pathetic.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2016, 03:58:31 AM »

This is not going to help Clinton. Just proves how big of an dishonest & lier she is. The Libya vote was not about war, go google. And they, Hillary led it, to misuse that mandate & go to war without a vote from Congress.

People may say Hillary knows a lot about foreign policy & she does.

But she is terrible on foreign policy & her record is bad. Her stand on Russia over North Korea was wrong. She was wrong on Kissinger, she keeps making stupid mistakes.

And I hated how cheap she could get in using Obama, the name, manipulating it, playing with his name to get black votes.

There is nothing she would not do. In a way she deserves to run against Trump who said she is kind of evil, she is not evil, but deserves to be exposed for her for what she is.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2016, 06:32:56 AM »

Sanders. Sorry, but Secretary Clinton is simply not reliable...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2016, 08:53:22 AM »

I didn't see the debate, but Politico says that Bernie was weak on black issues, by just tying their problems back to Wall Street, rather than focusing on institutional racism, which presumably is what resonates with black Democrats. Not that many blacks watched the debate perhaps, but for those who watched the debate, is it fair to say that Bernie was ineffective in furthering his mission to cut into the black vote? And isn't that job one for Bernie at the moment? If so, in that sense Bernie might be viewed as having lost the debate. It seems with respect to white Democrats, the two didn't move the ball vis a vis each other much. Those who want the poetry, go for Bernie. Those who are into prose go for Hillary.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies