WHO won the PBS Democratic debate?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:04:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  WHO won the PBS Democratic debate?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Poll
Question: -skip-
Bernie Sanders

Hillary Clinton

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 121

Author Topic: WHO won the PBS Democratic debate?  (Read 6998 times)
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2016, 09:02:19 AM »

World Health Organization didn't win it, cause there wasn't any discussion about the zika virus during the debate.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2016, 10:58:07 AM »

I just watched the debate on YouTube and am left with the impression that both candidates were speaking to the people who already support them and that the debate won't move the needle either way.

I give the slight edge to Sanders because he didn't completely bomb on foreign policy as he normally does (he actually offered something cognizant, even if I disagree with what offered) and also because Hillary Clinton stepped on a few landmines - notably campaign contributions.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2016, 12:02:34 PM »

Today's debate -

Sanders: "Secretary Clinton, I do have a disagreement here. If my memory is correct, I think when we saw children coming from these horrendous, horrendously violent areas of Honduras and neighboring countries, people who are fleeing drug violence and cartel violence, I thought it was a good idea to allow those children to stay in this country. That was not, as I understand it, the secretary’s position."
Clinton: "I made it very clear that those children needed to be processed appropriately, but we also had to send a message to families and communities in Central America not to send their children on this dangerous journey in the hands of smugglers."
Sanders: "I don’t know to whom you’re sending a message. Who are you sending a message to? These are children who are leaving countries and neighborhoods where their lives are at stake. That was the fact. I don’t think we use them to send a message. I think we welcome them into this country and do the best we can to help them get their lives together."

#Likemyabuela
#Hillary Clinton

This was another part showing how heartless Hillary could be

But still #Likemyabuela for latino voters
elcorazon

« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2016, 12:08:30 PM »

Draw. But since you only gave two options, Sanders.
Draw, but since you only gave two options, Clinton
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #79 on: February 12, 2016, 03:44:47 PM »

Sanders
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2016, 04:34:04 PM »

In what pundits have said to be a potentially game-changing turn of events, post-debate analysis reveals that Hillary and Bernie supporters alike claim victory for their respective candidates!

Actually what most pundits say is that she finally found a succinct and compelling anti-Sanders message: that she isn't an single-issue candidate like him.

http://www.vox.com/2016/2/11/10976502/democratic-debate-hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders

If Clinton is unable to focus on a single narrative this late into the primary, I'm very worried what a skillful manipulator like Donald Trump is going to do as the Republican nominee.  Clinton is going to lose this election for us, in all likelihood.

Anyway, Sanders' focus on racial justice, reforming the criminal justice system, and a humane immigration policy make it clear that he is far from a 'single issue' candidate.  If Hillary Clinton thinks it's a good strategy to go around calling the rigged economy a "SINGLE ISSUE", she has even worse advisers than we thought!
RR1997
United States

« Reply #81 on: February 12, 2016, 04:35:55 PM »

DONALD J. TRUMP won.

TRUMP wins everything whether he's participating or not (with the exception of the Iowa Caucuses Tongue).

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2016, 07:50:32 PM »

Sanders supporters say Sanders won
Clinton supporters say Clinton won

Wow, so suprise.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]