Generation Z begins to vote in 2020... how will that change things? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:39:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Generation Z begins to vote in 2020... how will that change things? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Generation Z begins to vote in 2020... how will that change things?  (Read 15100 times)
RR1997
United States

« on: February 14, 2016, 05:51:03 PM »

I assume that Generation Z will be mostly Democratic because this group is more ethnically diverse than the last one.

I could also see this group being moderately more Republican than Millennials (but still overwhelmingly Democratic overall) because these people were too young to remember Bush, so they'll hate GOPers significantly less.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 06:03:14 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2016, 06:25:25 PM by RR1997 »

Most Gen. Z-ers I know pay very little to no attention to politics. The ones who do are mostly center to center-left, with a few exceptions.
The fact that you live in MA is  probably a factor as to why most of your peers are center-left.

This is why I'm excited for the 2020/2024/2028 elections. I can't wait to see how Generation Z votes. I'm going to stick with my prediction that Generation Z will still be overwhelmingly Democratic, but moderately less so than Millennials (since they're too young to remember Bush, so they'll hate the GOP less).

Someone should bump this in 2028 or so to see if our predictions are correct Tongue
RR1997
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 03:11:51 PM »

I assume that Generation Z will be mostly Democratic because this group is more ethnically diverse than the last one.

I could also see this group being moderately more Republican than Millennials (but still overwhelmingly Democratic overall) because these people were too young to remember Bush, so they'll hate GOPers significantly less.

What do you define as "overwhelmingly Democratic"?  In 2012, millenials (age 18-29) voted 60-37.  I don't consider anything less than a 20-point margin to truly be overwhelming.  Do you think Gen Z will be 55-45, or 58-42, etc.?

I predict that Gen Z will be around 56-44, which is still "overwhelmingly Democratic" in my opinion, but less so than their Millenial counterparts.

Here's proof that young people are becoming more Republican:
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies