Generation Z begins to vote in 2020... how will that change things? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:09:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Generation Z begins to vote in 2020... how will that change things? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Generation Z begins to vote in 2020... how will that change things?  (Read 15144 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 13, 2016, 01:56:54 AM »

As a Gen. Z-er, I can confirm that it will be horrifying.

Could you elaborate? I have this nagging fear that the politics of Generation  Z will be defined by Tumblr-type SJWs vs increasingly openly racist Alt Right types, though the meteoric rise and popularity of Bernie Sanders with our nation's youth gives me hope that an actual Left-Wing Movement that prioritizes building a social safety net and reducing the inequality brought on by globalization may yet emerge.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:20:20 AM »

As a Gen. Z-er, I can confirm that it will be horrifying.

Could you elaborate? I have this nagging fear that the politics of Generation  Z will be defined by Tumblr-type SJWs vs increasingly openly racist Alt Right types, though the meteoric rise and popularity of Bernie Sanders with our nation's youth gives me hope that an actual Left-Wing Movement that prioritizes building a social safety net and reducing the inequality brought on by globalization may yet emerge.

More than half of my age group has already decided that it's funny to support Deez Nuts in 2016 and Kanye West in 2020. There are some moderates, but the moderate ones tend to be less politically involved. As for your fear, don't worry about it. I've never met any SJWs, and although there are a few alt-right people who probably spend a bit too much time on r/theredpill, I seriously doubt they'll continue to hold said views.

That's called being a teenager. Kids were the same way when I was in high school.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies