Generation Z begins to vote in 2020... how will that change things? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:41:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Generation Z begins to vote in 2020... how will that change things? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Generation Z begins to vote in 2020... how will that change things?  (Read 15113 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 02, 2017, 06:23:39 PM »

I've read that surveys taken of Generation Z Americans show that they are more socially liberal but are also more fiscally conservative, putting them much closer to the Republican Party.  They will definitely boost Republicans' vote totals among younger Americans.

If that is the case, it really depends on how much the GOP can use SCOTUS as an alibi on social issues. If they get their originalist majority and issues like LBGT and  Persoonhood/Birth Control end up taking up a lot more of the discourse than Obamacare or taxes on big earners, a push to the right won't materialize at all.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 06:50:14 PM »

I don't want to quote and all but aside to Virginia: the college educated vote will rise in this country as a neccesity of the economic trends thus accelerating Democratic gains. See Georgia, which is 50-50 college educated / non.

I think the reason why we're seeing a fairly strong conservative streak in Gen Z (when compared to millennials; not the general populace) is because virtually none of them have gone to college yet.

And not because the profs but because the exposure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies