Trump can use Iraq against Hillary in the general
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:30:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump can use Iraq against Hillary in the general
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump can use Iraq against Hillary in the general  (Read 3572 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 02:06:24 AM »

Hillary's position has always been that the weapons inspectors should have been allowed to finish their jobs. Had they been, they would have found no WMD, and hence no war.

Then she should not have voted to give authority for Bush to decide when to go to Iraq. She and Congress should have told the president that only congress has the power to declare war and when you are done collecting evidence we will vote to declare war or not.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 02:33:33 AM »

There is too much weight on this silly thought of "using Iraq against Hillary."
Almost completely insignificant.
The American public have attached these wars to Bush and Cheney (the Pubs) ; not the Dems or a Dem candidate.
And the topic is ancient now.
C'mon people.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 02:36:28 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2016, 02:39:53 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

I thought I'd never see the day when a REPUBLICAN would go after a DEMOCRAT for voting FOR the war in Iraq.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 03:53:52 AM »

Hillary's position has always been that the weapons inspectors should have been allowed to finish their jobs. Had they been, they would have found no WMD, and hence no war.
Man, Democrats are in trouble come November.

Hillary's vote is widely known. Voters don't care about a decision from 14 years ago. Domestic issues will decide the election.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

She literally didn't, but whatever floats your boat. In your world, Bernie will also pass Medicare for all.

Her votes, her reciting all the Bush administration lies in her speech with that vote, and all of her other history of a hawkish record, and her association with Henry Kissinger are absolutely an issue today.

This. Plus Libya, as big a disaster & Hillary literally led USA to the war there.

Trump will blast her for repeating the same mistakes, shedding crocodile tears - She does not learn from her mistakes

Hillary - NAFTA, TPP Support while in power & opposition while running for POTUS. Trump will blast her on making "Bad" deals n playing his "deal" card.

Problem with Hillary is her baggage - LBGT (she will get destroyed by Trump for flip-flopping if she attacks(

And most Important Wall Street Money & Campaign finance - If Trump did that to Jeb Bush & called him puppet. What will he do with Hillary after this Democratic fight? He will play Warren's video over & again

Bill can't campaign because if he does Trump will bring those women & interview them & get them to campaign against Hillary
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 04:31:30 AM »
« Edited: February 14, 2016, 04:39:00 AM by Fmr President & Senator Polnut »

I get not underestimating Trump, but Jesus people the guy isn't unbeatable, by Hillary or Sanders.

The guy has become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

There is a lot of hysterical over-reaction going on around here. I think even in a few months, people will look back with a touch of embarrassment.

Just re-lax.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 04:34:25 AM »

I get not underestimating Trump, but Jesus people the guy isn't unbeatable, by Hillary or Sanders.

If he loses to Hillary or Bernie, I want to see what his concession speech would be like.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2016, 04:39:40 AM »

If he loses to Hillary or Bernie, I want to see what his concession speech would be like.

I just want to see many Trump concessions as I can.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2016, 05:43:12 AM »

The "unbeatable" TRUMP is liked by just 50% of his party.
Clinton (and Sanders) are liked by 75-80% of their party.
But yeah, keep insisting that TRUMP is a political juggernaut that will coast all the way to the White House.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2016, 07:23:58 AM »

How mind blowing will it be to see the Republican candidate attacking the Democratic candidate for voting for the Iraq war? That could be a huge moment in the foreign policy debate, and one that could pull many swing voters his way.

She still has the sanity edge over him.

And not being Hitler-lite.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2016, 08:50:31 AM »

Trump will have to tone it down,however he will have no problem really taking it to hillary.   Something Rubio nor Jeb would be able to do.    Poor Robotic Rubio would get his motherboard fried.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2016, 09:46:15 AM »

Ironically I think Trump is more of a hawk, even though I agree with him 100% about Clinton's vote on Iraq. Therefore I would vote for her, as strange as that sounds. She'd make a better POTUS.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2016, 10:46:45 PM »

Oh, he's going to absolutely brutalize her over her Iraq vote. It's going to be an incredible thing to witness. I can see the ads already.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2016, 12:00:37 AM »

Trump has yet to produce any evidence that he opposed the Iraq War at the time it was launched.  In fact, before Bush was president, he warned about the danger posed by Iraqi nuclear weapons.  Here's what he wrote in his book back in 2000:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/trump-on-there-being-zero-proof-he-opposed-iraq-before-the-w#.nvvZDnBGp

What about closer to the time the war was launched?

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2016, 09:00:02 AM »

Are you suggesting Morden that Trump might be misstating his record? How shocking!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2016, 09:08:38 AM »

Are you suggesting Morden that Trump might be misstating his record? How shocking!

I'm sure the video of Trump denouncing the Iraq War in 2003 is locked in the same vault where we can find the tape showing thousands of Muslim Americans celebrating 9/11, plus Trump's medical records explaining his draft deferment, and the Obama longform birth certificate.  Why is the media hiding these things from us?  Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2016, 09:34:44 PM »

*bump*

Ftr, here’s Trump back in 2006, describing why people should forgive Hillary Clinton for voting for the Iraq War:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/trump-in-2006-clinton-should-be-forgiven-for-iraq-vote-based?utm_term=.pxE6YEZkV#.scmaNKQqg

Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2016, 09:41:36 PM »

Now we also know Trump supported the Iraq war in 2002. He's such a fraud.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2016, 11:22:58 AM »

Now we also know Trump supported the Iraq war in 2002. He's such a fraud.

Eh, he meekly said that he'd be for it in some random interview with Howard Stern. That's not really the same thing as voting for it but I suppose it will give Hillary at least a little bit of ammo to use against him.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2016, 11:36:07 AM »

Yep, I don't see how we can trust her with the nuclear weapons. Not a good decision maker. Complete wildcard. Me and Bernie were there taking a stand against this disaster that has hurt so many of our troops and really hurt a lot of us who have friends and relatives in the military. We can't intervene everytime there is a crisis on the other side of the world, and Bernie gets that unlike Hillary, who fixed the system to become the nominee. We pile up massive amounts of debt and it doesn't make us safer. Those are American casualties!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2016, 11:37:05 AM »

Kinda surreal that the (likely) Democratic nominee is going to be the Establishment candidate in the general election.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2016, 11:40:55 AM »

Obama used this, Bernie hammered her. I think Trump should go against her for her SOS term - one of the worst SOS. She destroyed Libya, that thing is ISIS territory now, Obama called it his worst mistake (sugar-coated with the should have planned better).

Her no fly zone & Assad policy is ridiculous as well.

Trump should attack the hell out of her on foreign policy where Hillary is a Republican anyways.

SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2016, 11:45:31 AM »

How mind blowing will it be to see the Republican candidate attacking the Democratic candidate for voting for the Iraq war? That could be a huge moment in the foreign policy debate, and one that could pull many swing voters his way.

The GOP has changed dramatically ever since Dubya left office. Perot would be proud.

It's a disgrace, the party has become a joke.
Gog
Gog3451
United States

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2016, 11:46:22 AM »

The GOP has changed dramatically ever since Dubya left office. Perot would be proud.
More like Pat Buchnan would be proud. I don't think Perot would have wanted to deport 11 million people and build, maintain, and man a 200+ billion dollar wall.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies