Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:31:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 117021 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: September 13, 2016, 04:36:13 PM »

My Grandma had yet another stroke last week, but didn't tell anyone about the fact that she couldn't use her left hand until yesterday when my Aunt was visiting her. They think she has lost the use of that hand permanently. I might be driving down to SoFl if she doesn't get released from the hospital by Friday.

that's nice of you.  hope she's ok.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1101 on: September 13, 2016, 10:32:31 PM »

My grandpa, the one who had the fall back in early August, is a real oxymoron. He'd been told specifically he shouldn't drive for three months, but guess what he's doing... I mean seriously, you just can't reach him.

Oh, he did promise me not to drive anywhere "too far", but this day he drove like 300 km.

Just make certain you aren't in the car when he drives.  Otherwise, you might get in a bad accident.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1102 on: September 14, 2016, 09:16:00 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2016, 09:20:38 AM by Kalwejt »

My grandpa, the one who had the fall back in early August, is a real oxymoron. He'd been told specifically he shouldn't drive for three months, but guess what he's doing... I mean seriously, you just can't reach him.

Oh, he did promise me not to drive anywhere "too far", but this day he drove like 300 km.

Just make certain you aren't in the car when he drives.  Otherwise, you might get in a bad accident.

Seriously, I'm worried every time he's sitting behind the wheel. I'd rather be in the car with him when he drives so I may be able to react, than leave the stubborn old man on his own.

I mean I've considered disabling his damn car, but given how stubborn he is, it wouldn't accomplish anything.

I hate to ask for advice online, but anybody got an idea?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1103 on: September 14, 2016, 10:00:21 AM »

Just make certain you aren't in the car when he drives.  Otherwise, you might get in a bad accident.

Seriously, I'm worried every time he's sitting behind the wheel. I'd rather be in the car with him when he drives so I may be able to react, than leave the stubborn old man on his own.

I mean I've considered disabling his damn car, but given how stubborn he is, it wouldn't accomplish anything.

"Lose" his Keys for a couple of months, and when the time he should've started driving comes in is when you can "find" them.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1104 on: September 14, 2016, 10:05:38 AM »

"Lose" his Keys for a couple of months, and when the time he should've started driving comes in is when you can "find" them.

Yeah, that's the problem. He'd more likely get a heart attack or move the mountains to get the new one asap.

OK, I understand him: if I were him, I'd be pretty eager to function normally again, but just month ago he was basically immobile. "But I've been driving for 50 years", is his usual response. So f**king what? I'm 28 but if I had such an accident, I'd be precluded from doing some normal stuff for a couple of months as well.

I can't watch him permanently.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1105 on: September 14, 2016, 04:32:44 PM »

I am in Istanbul Airport on a layover right now. The seat pocket on my flight here had a pamphlet called "FETO's coup attempt in Turkey" which was an 80-page government account of the coup and why the US should extradite Gulen - of course entirely in English.

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1106 on: September 14, 2016, 05:11:10 PM »

Yeah, that's the problem. He'd more likely get a heart attack or move the mountains to get the new one asap.

OK, I understand him: if I were him, I'd be pretty eager to function normally again, but just month ago he was basically immobile. "But I've been driving for 50 years", is his usual response. So f**king what? I'm 28 but if I had such an accident, I'd be precluded from doing some normal stuff for a couple of months as well.

Do you know anyone nearby that could help watch him?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1107 on: September 15, 2016, 06:34:59 AM »

Looks like not only my RL first name had been revealed to the forum, but I've got sucked into the Atlas again. Thanks "Damian93", you asshole.

Yes, I know, fortunately. Makes things a bit easier.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1108 on: September 15, 2016, 10:35:16 AM »

Looks like not only my RL first name had been revealed to the forum, but I've got sucked into the Atlas again. Thanks "Damian93", you asshole.

Yes, I know, fortunately. Makes things a bit easier.

That's good. Keep us posted?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1109 on: September 15, 2016, 12:21:37 PM »

I sit in back of a Congresswoman's son in English Class!!!!! That's awesome
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1110 on: September 15, 2016, 12:23:47 PM »

OMG I SAW THE BACK OF A CONGRESSWOMAN'S SON HEAD! WHAT AN HONOR!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1111 on: September 15, 2016, 12:48:33 PM »

A Congresswoman's son bullied me in my third semester of undergrad.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1112 on: September 15, 2016, 12:56:47 PM »

That sucks
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1113 on: September 15, 2016, 02:33:00 PM »

Hey everyone. I'll be gone from the forum for a while, probably until around Christmas or so, while I'm out of the country. Hopefully the recent invaders have left by the time I return. Until then, farewell.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1114 on: September 15, 2016, 02:36:05 PM »

Hey everyone. I'll be gone from the forum for a while, probably until around Christmas or so, while I'm out of the country. Hopefully the recent invaders have left by the time I return. Until then, farewell.

Whyyyyy. Castro Sad

Don't leave us with them! PLEASE
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1115 on: September 15, 2016, 02:45:03 PM »

What party's the congresswoman? Might be a potentially useful connection to make.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1116 on: September 15, 2016, 02:45:33 PM »

Whyyyyy. Castro Sad

Don't leave us with them! PLEASE

Maybe he was referring to you?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

(Not that I'd mind this kind of invading forces)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1117 on: September 15, 2016, 03:28:03 PM »

Have fun!!! Don't overstay the visa! We don't need the UK building a wall too!
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1118 on: September 15, 2016, 03:38:13 PM »

Today I got into an argument with one of my professors about Infowars. He tried to argue that writing people off as "conspiracy theorists" is a tool that the powers that be use to keep people in line. As if to imply that I'm trying to appease "the man" by calling Alex Jones (and, more specifically in this case, Paul Joseph Watson) nucking futs.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1119 on: September 15, 2016, 04:07:33 PM »

Today I got into an argument with one of my professors about Infowars. He tried to argue that writing people off as "conspiracy theorists" is a tool that the powers that be use to keep people in line. As if to imply that I'm trying to appease "the man" by calling Alex Jones (and, more specifically in this case, Paul Joseph Watson) nucking futs.

I for one am terrified at the prospect of Infowars viewers teaching college students.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1120 on: September 15, 2016, 04:24:55 PM »

I for one am terrified at the prospect of Infowars viewers teaching college students.

He wasn't even showing an Infowars related video, it was PJW talking about why pop music is vapid, and I raised my hand and said "I'd take what this guy says with a grain of salt, because he's literally nuts"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1121 on: September 15, 2016, 06:02:46 PM »

Bullying still goes on in American Colleges? That is just depressing.
Buffalo Bill
« Reply #1122 on: September 15, 2016, 06:08:22 PM »

Better than safe spaces or whatever they call them.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1123 on: September 15, 2016, 06:31:53 PM »

Better than safe spaces or whatever they call them.

Go f**k yourself.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1124 on: September 15, 2016, 07:25:35 PM »

Ooh boy, the 2016 board cancer has spread.  Fantastic.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies