Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:22:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115607 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1325 on: October 06, 2016, 04:07:04 AM »

So my neighborhood is under a mandatory evacuation according to the emergency services number that I contacted earlier today I don't know what to do what do you guys think I should do?
Leave.

If the worst happens, then even if you come thru okay where you are likely won't have the services needed to be livable for a while. I don't know how close you are to the shore and thus how much of a threat from storm surge you are under. But unless you're prepared for several weeks of camping at home, then even if you'd be safe, you're risking being sorry if you stay.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1326 on: October 06, 2016, 11:12:54 AM »

So my neighborhood is under a mandatory evacuation according to the emergency services number that I contacted earlier today I don't know what to do what do you guys think I should do?
Leave.

If the worst happens, then even if you come thru okay where you are likely won't have the services needed to be livable for a while. I don't know how close you are to the shore and thus how much of a threat from storm surge you are under. But unless you're prepared for several weeks of camping at home, then even if you'd be safe, you're risking being sorry if you stay.

I agree with Ernest. If you know anyone inland or on the Gulf Coast, I'd get there soon. I'm watching TWC and it looks bad. Even if your area doesn't get the worst the probable lack of services are really unpleasant. I was in the Boston area in 1985 during Hurricane Gloria. I made the decision to head to friends in NH and I was glad I did. My roommates had to deal with no power and closed stores for almost three days and it was really unpleasant. I just dealt with some tropical storm level weather, but no loss of power or closures.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1327 on: October 06, 2016, 12:59:49 PM »

Aye. Better safe than sorry.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1328 on: October 06, 2016, 02:57:32 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2016, 02:59:28 PM by Polygraph Polygraphovich Sharikov »

I watched a movie loosely based on the true story of French brother and sisters, executed for incest. It was really annoying because of a director's pathetic mixing of historical, more contemporary and totally modern elements (we have guys dressed like in the mid-19th Century and then... there's a f--king chopper?). Finally, they cut off their heads and this abomination of a movie ended Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1329 on: October 06, 2016, 04:32:10 PM »

F--k relax. I'm starting another writing project.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1330 on: October 06, 2016, 04:53:04 PM »

Will it be a book, or something else?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1331 on: October 06, 2016, 04:53:25 PM »

It's days like these that I don't live for...

I don't even know what to say any more... Sure, you might say I'm just a whiny teenager but goddamn my life sucks right now don't be surprised if you see less of me in the future (With my luck I'll make 78 posts tomorrow idek anymore)

I don't eve have anything to say I don't know wh Im doing this.... fml
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1332 on: October 06, 2016, 05:17:33 PM »

I watched a movie loosely based on the true story of French brother and sisters, executed for incest. It was really annoying because of a director's pathetic mixing of historical, more contemporary and totally modern elements (we have guys dressed like in the mid-19th Century and then... there's a f--king chopper?). Finally, they cut off their heads and this abomination of a movie ended Smiley

I saw 'French' 'sisters' 'incest' and thought the Papin sisters, but there wasn't a brother involved in that case, and they weren't executed. Who were these people? It sounds a grisly tale.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1333 on: October 06, 2016, 05:17:49 PM »

Hey guys, just finished boarding and sandbagging, rain bands are starting to hit us and the winds are picking up.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1334 on: October 06, 2016, 05:19:41 PM »

Hey guys, just finished boarding and sandbagging, rain bands are starting to hit us and the winds are picking up.

Good luck.

Stay in touch as long as you can, okay?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1335 on: October 06, 2016, 06:26:25 PM »

Good luck.

Stay in touch as long as you can, okay?
If it looks that bad down in that area, I can't imagine the scenes in Boynton where I'm from. My parents and brothers are safe at my Aunts, but my Grandma as I mentioned earlier is still at her apartment and isn't planning to leave.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1336 on: October 06, 2016, 06:59:52 PM »

Making sure to finish charging all my stuff, I fully charged up to portable phone chargers and my laptop battery, finishing charging my phone
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1337 on: October 06, 2016, 09:27:31 PM »

Making sure to finish charging all my stuff, I fully charged up to portable phone chargers and my laptop battery, finishing charging my phone

I have no idea what it's like, but I'm pretty sure I'd be stressed out as hell if I were in your shoes.

Take care.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1338 on: October 06, 2016, 10:07:33 PM »

Transformer down the street from mine just exploded, power flickered, we're getting sustained winds of 30 mph with gusts to 43 right now, it's raining like crazy out.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1339 on: October 06, 2016, 10:27:08 PM »

Is this that one "cousins" movie from "Arrested Development"?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1340 on: October 06, 2016, 10:48:49 PM »

Stay safe, bro Tongue
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1341 on: October 06, 2016, 10:54:27 PM »

It's days like these that I don't live for...

I don't even know what to say any more... Sure, you might say I'm just a whiny teenager but goddamn my life sucks right now don't be surprised if you see less of me in the future (With my luck I'll make 78 posts tomorrow idek anymore)

I don't eve have anything to say I don't know wh Im doing this.... fml

What's this about?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1342 on: October 06, 2016, 10:55:26 PM »

In admittedly less dramatic news, today I taught my third round of sections, and for the first time I can say it went reasonably well. Far from perfect, mind you (I have that one class that where nobody ever participates and that one where they participate too much and kind of anarchically), but decent. I'm starting to be less stressed out about it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1343 on: October 07, 2016, 01:08:05 AM »

Good idea. When Hermonie hit Tally, I did not do this, and had to use outlets behind a CVS. I also had almost no money ($18), food, or gas, and an increasingly erratic roommate to deal with for three horrid days as I sweated and chain smoked for three solid days.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1344 on: October 07, 2016, 01:19:36 AM »

In admittedly less dramatic news, today I taught my third round of sections, and for the first time I can say it went reasonably well. Far from perfect, mind you (I have that one class that where nobody ever participates and that one where they participate too much and kind of anarchically), but decent. I'm starting to be less stressed out about it.

Out of curiosity, which class?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1345 on: October 07, 2016, 01:42:35 AM »

Intro to Comparative Politics.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1346 on: October 07, 2016, 01:51:09 AM »

Hey guys slept a little bit because it's about to start getting really bad. Currently the winds are at 40 mph gusting to around 60 mph in some OF the storms we didn't get a chance to board all the Windows so that is our biggest concern is thwm blowing out.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #1347 on: October 07, 2016, 02:17:17 AM »

Intro to Comparative Politics.

Is it with Thies this quarter? I had him last Fall, and found that class really interesting.

Hey guys slept a little bit because it's about to start getting really bad. Currently the winds are at 40 mph gusting to around 60 mph in some OF the storms we didn't get a chance to board all the Windows so that is our biggest concern is thwm blowing out.

Good luck. When I was in the Northeast, we could barely handle a Category 1. Can't imagine what that's like...
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1348 on: October 07, 2016, 04:55:50 AM »
« Edited: October 07, 2016, 06:43:59 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

Hey guys, I just lost power here. Luckily I still have 4G.

Edit: neighbors fence just got shreddedand it's flying, we got 60 mph sustained winds and climbing.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1349 on: October 07, 2016, 07:06:19 AM »

Stay safe, TSA!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 58 59 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies