Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:45:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115705 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: March 20, 2016, 12:46:32 AM »

Sid Dinerstein, the former PBC GOP Chairman, is on Smerconish right now as a Trump supporter. This is the same asshole who refused to let me meet Trump in 2011 when Trump and Allen West had a rally in Boca despite the fact that I literally used to sit at his table each month during the Republican Club meetings.

For a second I forgot who Michael Smerconish was and thought, confusedly, that you were talking about some county in Washington.
My uncle used to be a regular caller on his radio show, until his call screener and him got into it one day over his pro-Trump comments. Now she won't let him through.

Smerconish is based in the Philly area so when I was going to high school in the South Jersey suburbs with a very Nixonlandian bus driver (back when he was still unambiguously a figure of the right) I heard a lot of him.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #151 on: March 20, 2016, 02:50:43 AM »

God I'm gonna have such a headache tomorrow.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #152 on: March 20, 2016, 11:58:12 AM »

I got my very liberal California-dwelling dad to register as a Republican to vote for Cruz in the primary.

How did you manage that?

My guess would be on #NeverTrump grounds. Same reason I voted for the lavenous one.

It's for a brokered convention.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #153 on: March 20, 2016, 03:34:03 PM »

The headache isn't too bad. Nausea is the real bummer. I'm pretty hungry but can't ingest anything.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #154 on: March 20, 2016, 04:02:57 PM »

The headache isn't too bad. Nausea is the real bummer. I'm pretty hungry but can't ingest anything.
There is a time and a place for everything, and that place is called College.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #155 on: March 20, 2016, 04:07:17 PM »

There is a time and a place for everything, and that place is called College.

I actually started drinking shortly after finishing College. Tongue My "College experience" was about as bland as you could possibly imagine.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #156 on: March 20, 2016, 04:17:31 PM »

I have to go through around 50 pages of text I've previously (roughly) translated and I have to pull an all-nighter to meet a deadline.

If I fail, due to being distracted by this forum, to meet my deadline and get no payment, I'll blame you, assholes. Especially Torie, since it's only right to blame lawyers.

Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #157 on: March 20, 2016, 05:32:29 PM »

Got rejected from UCLA. Sad

On the bright side, I got into Boston University.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #158 on: March 20, 2016, 05:38:28 PM »

Sorry about that!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #159 on: March 20, 2016, 06:42:36 PM »

I have to go through around 50 pages of text I've previously (roughly) translated and I have to pull an all-nighter to meet a deadline.

If I fail, due to being distracted by this forum, to meet my deadline and get no payment, I'll blame you, assholes. Especially Torie, since it's only right to blame lawyers.

Aaaand now I have to do it all over again because of a f**king computer error.

Thanks a lot, Torie.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2016, 09:07:24 PM »

My school is canceled tomorrow because of snow.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2016, 09:12:05 PM »

Snow? What is that strange thing you speak of? Tongue
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2016, 12:29:32 PM »

Got into University of Rochester! Also got my financial aid package, which appears to be about $50,000 a year (my mom teaches there), so the monetary situation is looking good there.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2016, 01:16:27 PM »

Two hour delay, that's it for us.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2016, 03:01:49 PM »

Got into University of Rochester! Also got my financial aid package, which appears to be about $50,000 a year (my mom teaches there), so the monetary situation is looking good there.

I assume that includes tuition and fees?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2016, 05:03:35 PM »

I assume that includes tuition and fees?

Yes. I meant the aid is $50,000, by the way, not the eventual price. That's around $20,000 a year, including tuition and fees and everything.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2016, 06:14:30 PM »

For a second I thought college in the US was extremely expensive, and then worked out that including my fees I'm taking on 13K debt this year alone
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2016, 06:45:10 PM »

For a second I thought college in the US was extremely expensive, and then worked out that including my fees I'm taking on 13K debt this year alone

No, it is 3:.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2016, 09:57:58 PM »

I finally answered a campaign call (accidentally) this evening after missing the last three poll calls. It was Bernie Sanders volunteers. So, it is customary to politely lie to these people about who you are voting for, correct? Cuz I don't think I could've gotten into it with them tonight.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2016, 10:11:58 PM »

I just got back from watching my best friend perform with George Clinton at FSU. Best concert ever.

On the way home, I was propositioned by an elderly Pearl Bailey looking hooker who offered me $5 head because I'm apparently "a cutie." I lied and said I was in a relationship to which she replied "how is she gonna know." At least somebody wants me Tongue.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2016, 07:24:50 AM »

I finally answered a campaign call (accidentally) this evening after missing the last three poll calls. It was Bernie Sanders volunteers. So, it is customary to politely lie to these people about who you are voting for, correct? Cuz I don't think I could've gotten into it with them tonight.

I never think it customary to politely lie to canvassers. They are trying to identify support that will help the campaign determine where it will spend resources. If they were given any training they should be able to handle a polite refusal without getting into a debate with the voter. The refusal tells the campaign what it needs to know and the volunteer can move quickly on to the next prospect.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2016, 07:47:43 AM »

I never think it customary to politely lie to canvassers. They are trying to identify support that will help the campaign determine where it will spend resources. If they were given any training they should be able to handle a polite refusal without getting into a debate with the voter. The refusal tells the campaign what it needs to know and the volunteer can move quickly on to the next prospect.
Muon is correct. When canvassing, we are not allowed to say more than "Thanks, have a good day" if you saying you vpte GOP or Clinton. I would rather have a polite refusal than a lie about who you are voting for.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2016, 08:19:22 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2016, 11:05:01 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market »

Gotcha, I just screamed it fast cuz I had an incoming call, so hopefully they don't make decisions on that. Thanks for the help. I tend to panic on phone calls -- avoid at all costs generally
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2016, 08:17:39 PM »

My uncle said earlier today that all these Muslims and the Democrats loving them are going to cause an apartheid against whites.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2016, 08:25:41 PM »

My uncle said earlier today that all these Muslims and the Democrats loving them are going to cause an apartheid against whites.
Who doesn't have a crazy uncle?

Gotcha, I just screamed it fast cuz I had an incoming call, so hopefully they don't make decisions on that. Thanks for the help. I tend to panic on phone calls -- avoid at all costs generally
The most important thing I learned at AFP is that no answer, at the doors or at the phones, is a wrong answer.

I disagree; when I get calls from campaigns I oppose, which is extremely rare, I always tell them that I am a supporter because I actively want them to waste resources, even if it is just one stamp on an envelope.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies