Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:38:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115593 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1500 on: October 30, 2016, 12:40:19 AM »

I mailed in my first presidential ballot last night.  Straight D, except I voted for a Libertarian in some irrelevant local election that gives you two votes (and only one Democrat was running).

Apparently my district is so gerrymandered for the Rs locally that the Republicans running for state House and Senate were unopposed, but somehow I got drawn out of Virginia Foxx's House district into George Holding's current district, which is much farther away.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1501 on: October 30, 2016, 09:02:19 AM »

I mailed in my first presidential ballot last night.  Straight D, except I voted for a Libertarian in some irrelevant local election that gives you two votes (and only one Democrat was running).

Apparently my district is so gerrymandered for the Rs locally that the Republicans running for state House and Senate were unopposed, but somehow I got drawn out of Virginia Foxx's House district into George Holding's current district, which is much farther away.
I'm actually in Corrine Brown (soon to be Al Lawson's) Jacksonville based district even though I live in Tallahassee thanks to the redistricting that forced Gwen Graham out of Congress. Interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure Al Lawson is from Tallahassee as well, which means that this Jacksonville anchored district is going to be represented by someone from these parts.
Seneca
Rookie

« Reply #1502 on: October 30, 2016, 11:11:11 PM »

A friend of mine killed herself today. We weren't super close but I'm still feel like I could cry. And I'm so worried right now. So many of my friends are depressed, suicidal. And sometimes one suicide triggers more. I want to talk to my best friend about this but he is extremely depressed. I don't want to push him over the edge. So I'm telling y'all instead.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1503 on: October 30, 2016, 11:39:44 PM »

I'm really sorry to hear that, Seneca.  You have my condolences. Sad
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1504 on: October 31, 2016, 01:42:17 AM »

Finally had the chance to start reading Dennis Ross's book on the history of the U.S. - Israel relationship.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1505 on: October 31, 2016, 02:26:50 AM »

Just finished a five page essay in which I compare Bob Dylan's lyrics to the paintings of Van Gogh and Munch. I'm actually rather pleased how it turned out. I put in a bit more effort than I usually would for this class because I finally had the opportunity to write about a topic of my choice, and thus, in my control.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #1506 on: October 31, 2016, 05:44:09 AM »

Got the next few days off (the joy of living in a Catholic country I suppose); I'm going to try to organise a trip to somewhere nearby.  I was thinking that Ypres might be a good plan; but that's two hours and two trains away so maybe a little adventurous for my first trip.  Bruges is meant to be nice; Antwerp is apparently cool and I'll probably go to all of them anyway; if anyone has any Belgium suggestions then let me know Smiley.

I'm also a little disappointed; the lower league football team that a couple of us when to see on Saturday night (Union Saint Gillois, if anyone cares) doesn't have another home game until mid-November; and my parents are here that weekend so I might not be able to go.  I mean I'm spending all day with them so maybe "Look guys; after dinner maybe you want some time with yourself???" might work?  I mean Dad might be interested but then that'd involve dragging Mum to a 9/10 empty football stadium (they are playing in the national stadium while their ground is being renovated: a team going from a 5,000 capacity ground to a 60,000 stadium creates an odd atmosphere; although there was a great wee atmosphere in the home end and we were allowed to stand all game which usually you can't do at big games) which seems like a bad idea.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1507 on: October 31, 2016, 06:03:54 AM »

A friend of mine killed herself today. We weren't super close but I'm still feel like I could cry. And I'm so worried right now. So many of my friends are depressed, suicidal. And sometimes one suicide triggers more. I want to talk to my best friend about this but he is extremely depressed. I don't want to push him over the edge. So I'm telling y'all instead.

That's awful, Seneca. I hope everything gets better for you and your friends!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1508 on: October 31, 2016, 11:55:21 AM »

Just chilling on the couch right now and having some coffee:

Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1509 on: October 31, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »

Sorry for your loss.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1510 on: November 02, 2016, 07:05:19 PM »

Threw up at work and got sent home and told to stay home the rest of the week...ugh.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1511 on: November 02, 2016, 09:37:59 PM »

I just published the first chapter of my Atlas magnum opus on the What-If board.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1512 on: November 02, 2016, 09:45:51 PM »

Sorry for your loss.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1513 on: November 02, 2016, 09:47:54 PM »

Sorry for your loss.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1514 on: November 02, 2016, 10:20:56 PM »

Sorry for your loss.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1515 on: November 05, 2016, 12:23:37 PM »

Finally had a Mexican coca-cola - I understand now
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1516 on: November 05, 2016, 07:22:00 PM »

I'm at the Trump Rally in Reno. It's interesting.

One guy said that CNN is serving Satan.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1517 on: November 05, 2016, 08:12:03 PM »

Well that was interesting. Trump got rushed off stage.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1518 on: November 05, 2016, 08:24:48 PM »

Why would you ever?! Shocked
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1519 on: November 05, 2016, 09:21:49 PM »

I wanted to see how awful it was. It was pretty awful. He definitely knows how to run a crowd though.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1520 on: November 05, 2016, 09:38:57 PM »

Apparently I got extremely drunk last night and ate 20 barely-microwaved pizza rolls, proceeded to vomit on my bathroom floor, and then text my ex-girlfriend that I missed her
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1521 on: November 06, 2016, 06:33:42 PM »

Joe Biden is coming to FAMU tomorrow. I'm going to class, then I'm going to the Biden rally with my Trump sign (with some alterations, mainly the "Trump voters heart Biden" or something saccharine or superficially pleasant) and try and get a hand shake on the rope line.

I'm on the Trump Train full throttle, but the thought of milquetoast Mike replacing Uncle Joe is a crime. You literally have to be heartless to not love the guy. Arguably the most high ranking genuine person in the system which is otherwise rancid.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1522 on: November 07, 2016, 04:14:32 AM »

Joe Biden is coming to FAMU tomorrow. I'm going to class, then I'm going to the Biden rally with my Trump sign (with some alterations, mainly the "Trump voters heart Biden" or something saccharine or superficially pleasant) and try and get a hand shake on the rope line.

I'm on the Trump Train full throttle, but the thought of milquetoast Mike replacing Uncle Joe is a crime. You literally have to be heartless to not love the guy. Arguably the most high ranking genuine person in the system which is otherwise rancid.

That's pretty cool.  I think your chances of meeting him would be a lot better if you didn't bring the sign, but hey, see if you can get a selfie.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1523 on: November 07, 2016, 09:30:14 AM »

That's pretty cool.  I think your chances of meeting him would be a lot better if you didn't bring the sign, but hey, see if you can get a selfie.
I might just make a homemade thing instead of the literal Trump sign, because I don't want to cause a stir if I get close enough for a handshake. Good point.

Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1524 on: November 07, 2016, 11:13:36 AM »

Driving to the China Restaurant right now to get some Chinese food.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies