Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:49:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115648 times)
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2016, 08:37:47 PM »

My uncle said earlier today that all these Muslims and the Democrats loving them are going to cause an apartheid against whites.
Who doesn't have a crazy uncle?

I finally answered a campaign call (accidentally) this evening after missing the last three poll calls. It was Bernie Sanders volunteers. So, it is customary to politely lie to these people about who you are voting for, correct? Cuz I don't think I could've gotten into it with them tonight.

I never think it customary to politely lie to canvassers. They are trying to identify support that will help the campaign determine where it will spend resources. If they were given any training they should be able to handle a polite refusal without getting into a debate with the voter. The refusal tells the campaign what it needs to know and the volunteer can move quickly on to the next prospect.

Gotcha, I just screamed it fast cuz I had an incoming call, so hopefully they don't make decisions on that. Thanks for the help. I tend to panic on phone calls -- avoid at all costs generally
The most important thing I learned at AFP is that no answer, at the doors or at the phones, is a wrong answer.

I disagree; when I get calls from campaigns I oppose, which is extremely rare, I always tell them that I am a supporter because I actively want them to waste resources, even if it is just one stamp on an envelope.

I know other partisans who actively thwart the oppo like that when they call. I find that level of cynicism unproductive. I prefer an upfront approach, and most voters I know agree with me.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »

My uncle said earlier today that all these Muslims and the Democrats loving them are going to cause an apartheid against whites.
Who doesn't have a crazy uncle?

I finally answered a campaign call (accidentally) this evening after missing the last three poll calls. It was Bernie Sanders volunteers. So, it is customary to politely lie to these people about who you are voting for, correct? Cuz I don't think I could've gotten into it with them tonight.

I never think it customary to politely lie to canvassers. They are trying to identify support that will help the campaign determine where it will spend resources. If they were given any training they should be able to handle a polite refusal without getting into a debate with the voter. The refusal tells the campaign what it needs to know and the volunteer can move quickly on to the next prospect.

Gotcha, I just screamed it fast cuz I had an incoming call, so hopefully they don't make decisions on that. Thanks for the help. I tend to panic on phone calls -- avoid at all costs generally
The most important thing I learned at AFP is that no answer, at the doors or at the phones, is a wrong answer.

I disagree; when I get calls from campaigns I oppose, which is extremely rare, I always tell them that I am a supporter because I actively want them to waste resources, even if it is just one stamp on an envelope.

I know other partisans who actively thwart the oppo like that when they call. I find that level of cynicism unproductive. I prefer an upfront approach, and most voters I know agree with me.
But that's the thing, I am a hack. If my life goes according to plan and I end up working for the party in some capacity, stopping my opponents will quite literally be my meal ticket.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2016, 09:51:42 PM »

Attempting to sell a short story to an online science fiction magazine.

I had one published last year.

Really? Where can I read it?

Also, it got rejected.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2016, 10:55:24 PM »

Dave Pepper just retweeted me; I hope Fitzy doesn't murder me out of jealousy (where has he been, by the way? AAD?)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2016, 01:21:27 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2016, 02:20:12 AM by Virginia »

But that's the thing, I am a hack. If my life goes according to plan and I end up working for the party in some capacity, stopping my opponents will quite literally be my meal ticket.

You sound like you're aspiring to be the 2nd coming of Mitch McConnell Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2016, 02:18:51 AM »

Paper was due by Tuesday (no hour specified). Sent it on Tuesday at 11:56pm.

Classic. Tongue
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2016, 10:21:51 PM »

Lucky Man and how???
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #182 on: March 26, 2016, 07:16:32 AM »

Well, it seem I'll have to spend my entire Easter Saturday, and possibly part of Sunday, on finishing a translation before the deadline.

I need money for my planned epic cross-country motor scooter ride this summer Tongue
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2016, 03:55:33 PM »

I'm contemplating on whether to go to the Easter Vigil tonight.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »

Well, it seem I'll have to spend my entire Easter Saturday, and possibly part of Sunday, on finishing a translation before the deadline.

I need money for my planned epic cross-country motor scooter ride this summer Tongue

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2016, 04:39:27 PM »

Except for goggles and an extra passenger that's preceisly what I'm going to do.

Next year I may even drive all the way to see that giant black hole situated between Czech Republic and Italy, we've been talking so much about recently.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2016, 08:12:26 PM »

Found out this morning that the reason I haven't heard from my brother in a week is because he's in a detox center trying to kick heroin Sad.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2016, 08:13:00 PM »

This picture made my day.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2016, 10:45:39 PM »

I was lucky enough to see General Petraeus speak at a Reagan Library forum last night. Here are some highlights:
-Petraeus is a very well-spoken man. His intelligence really shows in how he answered questions from the moderator and the audience, and I particularly liked an answer he gave to a moderator question about the lessons of the Vietnam War. The introduction could have been shorter, though -- the General gave long, detailed answers, and as a result there weren't a great variety of questions before we had to head off to dinner (in the Air Force One hangar. MLG, amirite).
-There were a few semi-prominent politicos in attendance: Assemblyman Scott Wilk, former Governor Pete Wilson, and former Congressman Elton Gallegly.
-We ended up seated next to a nice, older gentleman who'd been a big donor to the party since the late 1980's. However, he said this in casual conversation:

"You aren't old enough to remember the 1968 Democratic National Convention, but... the SDS came in and protested and rioted and shut the whole thing down. This time, we have Black Lives Matter organizing things that will make that look like peanuts... They'll give Obama an excuse to declare martial law. You know, he already has the executive orders written up."

So, that was a bit interesting.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #189 on: March 27, 2016, 12:02:16 AM »

Found out this morning that the reason I haven't heard from my brother in a week is because he's in a detox center trying to kick heroin Sad.

Sorry to hear that. I hope he will soon recover.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2016, 12:30:36 AM »

I hope he succeeds. Still, if he's the one who made the decision to go there, he'll have a much better chance of bringing his addiction under control, tho it may not be this particular attempt that does it. I've known several people who never managed that much and others who did, tho for none of them was heroin the specific problem.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2016, 10:42:55 AM »

This is the last day of Spring Break ;-;
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #192 on: March 27, 2016, 01:09:11 PM »

This is the last day of Spring Break ;-;

Same. Cry
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #193 on: March 27, 2016, 01:10:49 PM »

This picture made my day.

Btw, certain roads here are full of Russian, Belarussian and Lithuanian truckers.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #194 on: March 27, 2016, 01:12:51 PM »

There is now communist graffiti on a nearby building.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #195 on: March 27, 2016, 01:14:44 PM »

There is now communist graffiti on a nearby building.

Welcome to Campaign 2016
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #196 on: March 27, 2016, 01:16:19 PM »

My same uncle that I mentioned earlier saw a Muslim on the street while going to Mass around a hour ago and said that he wants to beat her up because she is Muslim he later stated that he wants to nuke the entire Muslim world.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #197 on: March 27, 2016, 01:22:11 PM »

My same uncle that I mentioned earlier saw a Muslim on the street while going to Mass around a hour ago and said that he wants to beat her up because she is Muslim he later stated that he wants to nuke the entire Muslim world.

Well, your uncle is a stupid ass.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #198 on: March 27, 2016, 02:54:32 PM »

Just registered myself at the local uni, so barring something unforeseen, I will be studying a program called "International Economics" - basically a hybrid of business and economy with a special emphasis on English and a second foreign language (Italian for me) - at the university of Innsbruck in autumn.

I'm now wondering on whether to do a second studies as well, and if so (probably), what exactly. I've been thinking about pol-sci, Maths, or maybe also anglistics or any other language studies. Anyone got any advice for me? Tongue

Something completely unrelated, friends and I also booked some accomodations + bus tickets for our Iceland trip in July this week. So godamn excited and pumped about that! Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2016, 04:11:28 PM »

Alright, let's get started on the immense amount of schoolwork I was assigned over spring break and have to turn in tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies