Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:58:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115643 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2016, 03:25:08 PM »

Secured a double promotion. Start work in July Smiley
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2016, 04:09:45 PM »

Getting ready to watch the Boston Marathon. I'll actually be paying attention this year, as my father is running in it.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2016, 05:01:09 PM »

Heading back to school starting this summer. It'll be a bit odd being an old student.  It'll be even odder going for an Associate Degree when I already have a Masters, but I already have the common core courses covered from previous work and I want enuf of the subject matter courses that I might as well pick up the degree since it won't entail any extra work on my part.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2016, 05:10:07 PM »

Heading back to school starting this summer. It'll be a bit odd being an old student.  It'll be even odder going for an Associate Degree when I already have a Masters, but I already have the common core courses covered from previous work and I want enuf of the subject matter courses that I might as well pick up the degree since it won't entail any extra work on my part.

What's it fer?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2016, 05:16:56 PM »

Y'all are looking at the captain of the Upstate New York quiz bowl championship team here. We made quiz bowl great again by repeatedly crushing Ithaca High School with our mighty brains and redeemed our loss from last year. That time it was me solo vs. Ithaca's full team with me coming in second; this year it was our full team (sort of) vs. Ithaca's best player with him coming in second.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2016, 05:25:37 PM »

What's it fer?

Accounting.  I started working part-time at a tax prep place last year, more to help a friend out than anything else, but ended up doing more and more this past year at his full year accounting firm.  While I don't need the schooling to keep the job, which at this point is mainly data entry and back office, I thout I might as well get some formal schooling in what I'm doing.  To my surprise, when I mentioned my plans to that friend, he offered to have the firm pay for it, which was a pleasant surprise.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2016, 06:12:21 PM »

What's it fer?

Accounting.  I started working part-time at a tax prep place last year, more to help a friend out than anything else, but ended up doing more and more this past year at his full year accounting firm.  While I don't need the schooling to keep the job, which at this point is mainly data entry and back office, I thout I might as well get some formal schooling in what I'm doing.  To my surprise, when I mentioned my plans to that friend, he offered to have the firm pay for it, which was a pleasant surprise.
Cool!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2016, 06:32:10 PM »

Trying to find a job, it's really difficult.

Indeed.

But then I landed one, too bad I ended up murdering the car battery (good thing the manager seems to understand.).

Another $100+ down the train for my own stupidity to replace the thing.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2016, 07:28:43 PM »

I'll be working for my county government this summer.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2016, 05:18:49 PM »

Took a nap and when I woke up, I thought it was tomorrow Tongue
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #285 on: April 18, 2016, 05:28:46 PM »

Made some straw and hay pasta. Again was delicious.
Rooney
United States

« Reply #286 on: April 19, 2016, 07:53:57 AM »

I got nominated for teacher of the year. That was kind of cool.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #287 on: April 19, 2016, 11:27:15 AM »

Aren't you the principal from Ferris Bueller, though?
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2016, 11:42:29 AM »

I'm going to go see Mae Jemison speak today.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #289 on: April 19, 2016, 11:45:23 AM »

Clearly a better teacher than adminstrator
Rooney
United States

« Reply #290 on: April 19, 2016, 03:25:52 PM »

Clearly a better teacher than adminstrator
I actually tried my hand at being a principal (My name was actually Principal Rooney at that time) and I hated it. I really hated it. Imagine breaking up fights all day, managing a lunch room of 120+ kids and then at 3:15 sitting down to three hours of paperwork. I did that for a year and said good bye. I do not care that the pay was about $20,000 more than I was making as a teacher. I had to deal with twenty grand more problems.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #291 on: April 20, 2016, 09:35:58 PM »

So, the Tallahassee area has been flooded with homeless. The rumor 'round town is that five to six buses bringing them in from Atlanta with one way tickets pulled in on Sunday. You can't walk down the street without being asked for money, food, or cigarettes. It's becoming very aggravating, a many of them are very persistent and even get angry.

Today, around 6:00 PM (still broad daylight), my buddy Mike and I were on the front steps of my building smoking some cigarettes. He had his laptop out and was showing me something from the Dream Defenders group on Facebook. Mike is black, a Sanders supporter, and is very involved in the Juvenile Justice movement (he was on a C-SPAN panel a few months back) but was very upset about some SJW'ery post on their page that claimed that Harriet Tubman was an anti-capitalist revolutionary. As we were laughing about that, we were accosted by yet another bum.

He angrily demanded that we pull up some video on YouTube about compound interest and then started angrily screaming that he fast forward it to about six minutes in. When I took a glance at the screen, he began to scream "this ain't no white boy stuff" and told me to go inside. I took offense with that and told him to "fuck off back to Frenchtown." That angered him and he threatened to fight both of us, to which point my adrenaline kicked in and I decided to remind him that his shirt was inside out. My friend also noted that the video was dumb and tried explaining how it made literally zero sense (he's a finance major at FAMU) and the guy insisted that it made his dad rich. My buddy then asked him "so why 'aint you rich? You look like you just crawled out of Frenchtown."

At that point, he repeated his threats, and began screaming at my friend for being "a house n" and "traitor" for hanging out with the "cracker enemy" and so forth. I forget what led to him storming off, but he eventually went away. I'm rather paranoid about running into him, and the owner of the liquor store across the street told me that he was there all day in the parking lot demanding that the black patrons watch his video (and yelling at white patrons) until he had the police called on him. I guess that's when he showed up at my building.

Fun times in Tallynasty. I'm wondering if one of these days all these bums and street scum might turn on the students in town Planet of the Apes style (that gives me a short story idea Tongue)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #292 on: April 20, 2016, 10:02:16 PM »

So, the Tallahassee area has been flooded with homeless. The rumor 'round town is that five to six buses bringing them in from Atlanta with one way tickets pulled in on Sunday. You can't walk down the street without being asked for money, food, or cigarettes. It's becoming very aggravating, a many of them are very persistent and even get angry.

Today, around 6:00 PM (still broad daylight), my buddy Mike and I were on the front steps of my building smoking some cigarettes. He had his laptop out and was showing me something from the Dream Defenders group on Facebook. Mike is black, a Sanders supporter, and is very involved in the Juvenile Justice movement (he was on a C-SPAN panel a few months back) but was very upset about some SJW'ery post on their page that claimed that Harriet Tubman was an anti-capitalist revolutionary. As we were laughing about that, we were accosted by yet another bum.

He angrily demanded that we pull up some video on YouTube about compound interest and then started angrily screaming that he fast forward it to about six minutes in. When I took a glance at the screen, he began to scream "this ain't no white boy stuff" and told me to go inside. I took offense with that and told him to "fuck off back to Frenchtown." That angered him and he threatened to fight both of us, to which point my adrenaline kicked in and I decided to remind him that his shirt was inside out. My friend also noted that the video was dumb and tried explaining how it made literally zero sense (he's a finance major at FAMU) and the guy insisted that it made his dad rich. My buddy then asked him "so why 'aint you rich? You look like you just crawled out of Frenchtown."

At that point, he repeated his threats, and began screaming at my friend for being "a house n" and "traitor" for hanging out with the "cracker enemy" and so forth. I forget what led to him storming off, but he eventually went away. I'm rather paranoid about running into him, and the owner of the liquor store across the street told me that he was there all day in the parking lot demanding that the black patrons watch his video (and yelling at white patrons) until he had the police called on him. I guess that's when he showed up at my building.

Fun times in Tallynasty. I'm wondering if one of these days all these bums and street scum might turn on the students in town Planet of the Apes style (that gives me a short story idea Tongue)

Dear Lord....
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #293 on: April 20, 2016, 10:12:21 PM »

Dear Lord....
You live in North Florida, right? Have you noticed a rapid uptick in the numbers?
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #294 on: April 21, 2016, 02:32:34 PM »

Just arrived in Waterbury, Vermont.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #295 on: April 21, 2016, 06:41:42 PM »

Waterbury, VT is a great place to visit. But now I'm afraid that by saying that, I'll trigger a Hudsonpost from Torie.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #296 on: April 21, 2016, 08:06:11 PM »

Just saw my buddy from yesterday walking up the street screaming at some kids who have to be around 10-12 years old. They were leaving the Burger King across the street from me and walking back into Frenchtown.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #297 on: April 21, 2016, 08:27:06 PM »

I came into my apartment yesterday, and there was a 6 page Spanish-language newspaper on my couch opened to an article about protests and discontent at a Trump rally. XD In case, I go missing, you all should probably know. A rapist or murderer (or possibly good person) may have left it there.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #298 on: April 21, 2016, 09:03:40 PM »

I came into my apartment yesterday, and there was a 6 page Spanish-language newspaper on my couch opened to an article about protests and discontent at a Trump rally. XD In case, I go missing, you all should probably know. A rapist or murderer (or possibly good person) may have left it there.
When you find out, call this number.

1-866-DHS-2ICE (347-2423)

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #299 on: April 22, 2016, 05:26:32 AM »

2nd day of my business workshop in Upper Austria.

The workshop and debate is so technical that I almost fell asleep, but the people and the food are great.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies