Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:05:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115335 times)
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: July 04, 2016, 11:32:25 PM »

I'm two glasses into my mom's and my second bottle of Traminer/Riesling blend. What'd you have?

about 4 or 5 double shots of dewar's scotch whiskey.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #726 on: July 04, 2016, 11:36:32 PM »

Went to the beach for the whole morning and afternoon, dipped into some steep woods, then returned for a quick 3 hr shift at work [Holiday Bonus]...and topped it off with some Independence Day.

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #727 on: July 05, 2016, 09:52:03 PM »

So I applied for and was accepted into this program in which high school students go to Washington, D.C. for a week to do governmenty things.

According to their website, each week they have someone who holds political office come in to speak. That was the part of the program I was most excited about. Last week they had Jeh Johnson come in, which must have been pretty cool.

But for the week I signed up to go, they invited... Bill Cassidy.

Who cares about Bill Cassidy. I was hoping they could at least get some actual relevant Senator like Durbin or Hatch or really anyone else to come in, but no, they had to choose Bill Cassidy.

Bill Cassidy.

Ugh.

I like Bill Cassidy ._.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #728 on: July 06, 2016, 03:31:18 AM »

Have got my internship with Andy Burnham next week, should be interesting to get the gossip on how the Labour Party have fallen apart in the last two weeks.

Have also applied for a rather well paid internship for 6 weeks with a IPOS-MORI, which would pay out £2,000 (effectively paying my first term rent) Really hope I get it
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #729 on: July 06, 2016, 07:14:54 AM »

I just spent the whole day writing an essay, then scrapping it because I felt it didn't sufficiently answer the topic, then spending all night writing a new one from scratch.

I feel like crap.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #730 on: July 06, 2016, 02:17:59 PM »

My current writing project is moving forward surprisingly smoothly.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #731 on: July 06, 2016, 02:25:28 PM »

In sadder news our cat passed away today that we've had for 13 years. Got her as a rescue kitten back in '03, and been much loved since
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #732 on: July 06, 2016, 02:26:37 PM »

In sadder news our cat passed away today that we've had for 13 years. Got her as a rescue kitten back in '03, and been much loved since
That sucks.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #733 on: July 06, 2016, 02:30:18 PM »

I'm so sorry, Blair. As someone who can't imagine living without cats I know all to well how saddening this can be Sad
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #734 on: July 06, 2016, 02:30:48 PM »

Sad
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #735 on: July 06, 2016, 05:39:53 PM »

Very sorry to hear about your cat, Blair. Sad
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #736 on: July 07, 2016, 08:43:09 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2016, 01:40:07 AM by Poo-tee-weet? »

So, Ester (not her real name), the girl I was in love with from ~late 2012 to ~early 2015 and whom I thought I was over? Turns out I'm not over her. A while back I introduced her to my best friend Luna (not her real name) and now she and Luna are making plans for Ester to visit Luna next month. Ester hasn't expressed any real interest in visiting me in over a year. Luna's planning to take Ester to this nightclub she's discovered and they're sure to have a great time, kissing pretty girls and wingmanning each other so that they can kiss pretty girls.

One might think I would be morally judgmental of this but I'm actually not. I'm deeply resentful, though, and jealous both of Luna for getting to spend time with Ester and of both of them for being able to make plans around something so (for Millennials) normal. Since my relationship with Gwendolyn (not her real name) fell through I've been back to seriously considering the idea that I might be called to a non-marital vocation (or, to put it in secular terms, simply not cut out for relationships or marriage). This isn't something I've just recently started suspecting about myself; I've had the suspicion for a while now, but since there's so little room for any kind of life-defining relationship or love other than romance and sex and marriage in most adult lives these days and since people are taught from a very young age to view these as the be-all-end-all I've tried very hard to not pay attention to that suspicion unless there was some way I could tailor it to make me feel superior about myself. I'm no longer interested in feeling superior about myself.

So there's been this hole--which isn't even a real hole, it's a chimerical hole, but it's a hole that I feel by contrast to everybody around me (Luna and Ester; Jane and Asher (not their real names) who are getting married next month; Ghufran (not her real name) who got married a couple years ago, then cheated on and left her husband with and for an eighteen-year-old boy)--that I've tried to fill over the past few years with speciously identifying as asexual, then with being in love with Ester, then with briefly (and disastrously) dating a girl I can't think of a good fake name for right now, then with not-as-briefly (and not disastrously, but still unsuccessfully) dating Gwendolyn. But none of that has worked and the lack and difference is in the realest senses still there.

(It's not that I wasn't in love with these people--I was--it's just that I was trying to fill this perceived lack for the sake of filling it too.)

The only person I know who's really close to me who's in a similar situation and is thinking she might never successfully date or have sex or get married either is my friend Bridey (not her real name), but I don't want to have this in common with Bridey but not with anybody else. Gwendolyn (to whom I'm still close) thinks this might be the case for her too. She's pretty sure, actually, but not absolutely certain, and I don't want to push her. We've already broken up once as it is.

Or maybe I don't have a vocation to anything out of the ordinary and am just really resentful of people who are having better luck (at whatever) than I am. Who knows? Maybe I should start kissing girls at nightclubs too. I wouldn't find it as fun or learn as much about myself from it as Luna does, in fact it would probably make me feel like sh**t, but I'd deserve to feel like sh**t for it, wouldn't I? [Inks]ed-up, creepy, unlovable scum. Luna says I shouldn't do this--says that my feelings about loud noises, and strangers touching me, and sexual situations indicate that I'd definitely hate it and shouldn't bother. She's probably right.

Jesus Christ. I was supposed to be over Ester, like, a year and a half ago. How the [Inks] can hearing this still send me down this Swann's Way of resentment and suck?

I know I'm not called to the priesthood if anybody's thinking that.

I don't know what to do.

EDIT: Clubbing is out of the cards for Luna and Ester, tabletop gaming is in. I still feel like sh**t about the rest of all this.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #737 on: July 07, 2016, 09:25:52 PM »

Nathan, I know the whole optimistic schtick is both trite and tired, but please try to not give into despair. I can't offer any sort of hope or advice, mostly because I'm a pessimist myself and have less life experience than you, but hang in there, please.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #738 on: July 08, 2016, 08:04:27 PM »

I was randomly stopped and searched for j-walking in Boca today while I was awaiting my car to be serviced at the dealership over a recall. That was a first. I can't blame someone for being angry and out in the streets tonight considering that events like that seem to happen much, much more frequently to blacks. One incident was annoying, more of them would really get old quickly. I've always been more or less supportive of BLM (though their frequently disruptive tactics annoy me at times) but I was always more concerned about police killings then I was about the general nuisance of random police stops, but now I can definitely understand that aspect of their anger as well.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #739 on: July 08, 2016, 10:08:05 PM »

Summer vacation is almost over. It's been good this week at the beach, but I'll be glad to get back to work.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #740 on: July 09, 2016, 03:37:09 AM »

My last three Cricket games have been rained off, which is annoying although I'd take the games being called off at 9 in the morning over sitting around all day only for the game to be cancelled later on...
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #741 on: July 09, 2016, 02:22:19 PM »

House next door to my father's just put up a huge Kelly Ayotte sign literally taller than me.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #742 on: July 09, 2016, 02:25:08 PM »

House next door to my father's just put up a huge Kelly Ayotte sign literally taller than me.

In NH-02?! Does a woman live in that house?

Yes, and yes.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #743 on: July 10, 2016, 12:51:34 PM »

I've alluded to my intentions once previously, but beginning today, I rejoin the party of my ancestors by submitting my registration for the Democratic Party! Great Honor!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #744 on: July 10, 2016, 01:39:11 PM »

I've alluded to my intentions once previously, but beginning today, I rejoin the party of my ancestors by submitting my registration for the Democratic Party! Great Honor!
So, you don't support Trump anymore?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #745 on: July 10, 2016, 01:53:53 PM »

Que?! No! It's the other 15 (not Christie) candidates that helped send me packing for the downballot races
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #746 on: July 10, 2016, 02:17:52 PM »

Que?! No! It's the other 15 (not Christie) candidates that helped send me packing for the downballot races
Ok, I wasn't sure about that. Sorry.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #747 on: July 10, 2016, 04:56:38 PM »

I'll be joining y'all again as of Wednesday! Sorry...

Also, my request for an update stands, I'm pretty much in the dark as far as politics goes.

Have a great day! Cheesy
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #748 on: July 11, 2016, 10:01:43 AM »

So I spent the first half of my summer working as a summer associate at a law firm. Unfortunately, that had to end because my firm was only offering half summer jobs this year. So I'm up in Washington working for my Congressman's DC office again. I'll be spending most of my free time for a lobbying, government or even (fingers crossed!) a proper DC legal job. In the meantime though I've just finished moving in to my completely unfurnished apartment and set up an air mattress. Fun times ahead.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #749 on: July 12, 2016, 04:39:05 AM »

arrive at station on time -> train is 10 minutes late
arrive at station one minute late -> train is already gone

every goddamn time, i swear
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to: