Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:57:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115472 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: July 12, 2016, 05:29:35 AM »

arrive at station on time -> train is 10 minutes late
arrive at station one minute late -> train is already gone

every goddamn time, i swear

Ugh, don't tell me. I've had buses leave as I was a few meters away two or three times in my last days in LA.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #751 on: July 12, 2016, 02:24:32 PM »

My job with the county government is going well, and I will continue working for them.  When the school year starts, I'll be working with special needs students at the university I graduated from, but I'll continue working for the county too.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #752 on: July 14, 2016, 09:46:22 PM »

Going on vacation tomorrow in Northern New Hampshire!
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #753 on: July 14, 2016, 10:42:55 PM »

Jill Stein is now the preferred candidate of my work place.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #754 on: July 14, 2016, 11:06:02 PM »

You know, it's so amazing how much sh**t I'm reading about her not only on youtube but also among many of my friends in my facebook feed!!!

Which begs the question - are the greens destined to outperform paltry past results by cracking 1% this election cycle, or maybe even come somewhat close to Nader's 2.75% from 2000?!?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #755 on: July 15, 2016, 06:03:07 AM »

You know, it's so amazing how much sh**t I'm reading about her not only on youtube but also among many of my friends in my facebook feed!!!

Which begs the question - are the greens destined to outperform paltry past results by cracking 1% this election cycle, or maybe even come somewhat close to Nader's 2.75% from 2000?!?

Everyone I know is voting for McGovern! He'll win this time, I tell you!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #756 on: July 15, 2016, 08:35:16 AM »

RIP my scooter, FF.

Well, RIP till Tuesday.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #757 on: July 15, 2016, 08:35:58 AM »

Are you working for RT?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #758 on: July 15, 2016, 09:33:21 AM »

Are you working for RT?

Gold.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #759 on: July 15, 2016, 01:41:59 PM »

Was walking to work this morning and heard two builders talking about the chances of Newt Gingrich being Trump's VP pick...
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #760 on: July 16, 2016, 05:51:35 AM »

On my way back home again, finally.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #761 on: July 16, 2016, 04:50:03 PM »

I think I'm in lovveeeeeeeeee (or, you know, maybe not, but it feels like it!)

Do you guys think it's possible to meet someone so great with so much chemistry that you fall in love right off the bat?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #762 on: July 16, 2016, 05:08:18 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2016, 05:10:07 PM by I did not see L.A. »

I think I'm in lovveeeeeeeeee (or, you know, maybe not, but it feels like it!)

Do you guys think it's possible to meet someone so great with so much chemistry that you fall in love right off the bat?

Congratulations! Cheesy I hope the feeling is mutual - or, if it isn't quite yet, that it has good chances of becoming. Smiley

FWIW, the one time I fell in love (at the moment it felt like love - right now it doesn't anymore, so I'm not sure if I had just convinced myself it was love or if it was love and I've since convinced myself it wasn't... I'll never know) it also happened surprisingly fast. Of course that never went anywhere so I wouldn't want to push the comparison. Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #763 on: July 16, 2016, 07:05:02 PM »

Congratulations! Cheesy I hope the feeling is mutual - or, if it isn't quite yet, that it has good chances of becoming. Smiley

Unfortunately, no . It's complicated I suppose. I met a girl that has really has me aloof. I do not think I've met anyone this compatible in years! Normally I would have divorced myself from this idea right away given that most women are off-limits, but I've been getting more than enough positive signs the past couple weeks that I think something could really happen here. I'm ecstatic!

FWIW, the one time I fell in love (at the moment it felt like love - right now it doesn't anymore, so I'm not sure if I had just convinced myself it was love or if it was love and I've since convinced myself it wasn't... I'll never know) it also happened surprisingly fast. Of course that never went anywhere so I wouldn't want to push the comparison. Tongue

That's what I was thinking of. Sometimes the feeling is just so powerful that it's hard to differentiate the two. It's entirely possible and even common to feel like it's love but, you know, love lasts, and everything else doesn't. I'm probably overreacting as usual but sweet jesus I have butterflies!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #764 on: July 16, 2016, 08:07:14 PM »

So in the last month (I've been down here for a month, going back to Tally for a week tomorrow) I've watched my grandmother rapidly lose almost all mobility and since I'm the closest to her, I've been delegated the duty to tell her that her daughters want her to move in with my aunt. Tonight, I drove her over to our house for dinner. Taking her home is always a pain, since I have to help her up the world's steepest concrete staircase which takes ten minutes sometimes. The fact that I'm like twice her height makes it worse.

Tonight, I did the usual routine-I ran her walker to the top of the stairs and turned around to help her. When I turned around, I was surprised and shocked to see her two steps behind me! It's refreshing to know that she's regaining her strength ever since she finally agreed to use (as she puts it) that "damn walker of yours." Definitely will give me less to worry about up in Tally for the next week.

On the other hand, my middle brother's drug addiction is getting worse. He's been combining massive amounts of booze with full bars of Xanax and I suspect he is back on heroin. I frankly have gotten to the point that I don't really want to even care what happens to him, but my youngest brother (who as many of you know is autistic) won't understand what happened to him if he doesn't wake up one morning.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll be happy to return to my neighborhood liquor store tomorrow night. I haven't had a drink in five weeks and I sure could use one Tongue. I'm also overdue to take a trip to...uhh...the place where the walls turn into spongebobs and flowers magically start growing out of the sink.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #765 on: July 16, 2016, 08:15:05 PM »

Oh yeah, and I just realized that someone has been using my laptop to edit random Wikipedia articles about various Australian golf tournaments because when I log on from time to time, I get random messages from Wikinazis telling me they've undone my apparent edits.

It makes no sense. I don't know anyone who uses my laptop other than me and my youngest brother, and he doesn't have the mental capacity to edit Wikipedia and insert full sentences about various golfers, a sport that he probably has only seen in Sesame Street clips if at all.

Then again, my neighbor across the street is a semi-famous Australian golfer who had until a few months ago an article on Wikipedia (I noticed it was taken off of the "famous Boynton residents" part of the town's Wikipedia article). Is she using our open wifi to edit Wikipedia articles about her colleagues??
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #766 on: July 16, 2016, 09:59:56 PM »

Oh yeah, and I just realized that someone has been using my laptop to edit random Wikipedia articles about various Australian golf tournaments because when I log on from time to time, I get random messages from Wikinazis telling me they've undone my apparent edits.

It makes no sense. I don't know anyone who uses my laptop other than me and my youngest brother, and he doesn't have the mental capacity to edit Wikipedia and insert full sentences about various golfers, a sport that he probably has only seen in Sesame Street clips if at all.

Then again, my neighbor across the street is a semi-famous Australian golfer who had until a few months ago an article on Wikipedia (I noticed it was taken off of the "famous Boynton residents" part of the town's Wikipedia article). Is she using our open wifi to edit Wikipedia articles about her colleagues??

It really sounds like it.

Re: Your other message - You have a lot of harrowing sh**t on your plate, brah.  I hope you can find peace with all of your family tumult stuff and find some way of coping with it more functional than the bottle.  It's tough stuff.  It's obvious that you give more of a sh**t about your family than the average asshole, and you should be proud of that.  GL
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #767 on: July 16, 2016, 10:08:37 PM »
« Edited: July 16, 2016, 10:11:29 PM by RaphaelDLG »

Unfortunately, no . It's complicated I suppose. I met a girl that has really has me aloof. I do not think I've met anyone this compatible in years! Normally I would have divorced myself from this idea right away given that most women are off-limits, but I've been getting more than enough positive signs the past couple weeks that I think something could really happen here. I'm ecstatic!

I'm sure Cathcon was being sarcastic/amusingly channeling Matthew McConaughey from True Detective, but you should pursue it!!!  In like, a respectful but aggressive way.  Thinking logically, what do you have to lose that is of great significance?  Slight, fleeting potential embarassment?

Your time on this rock is too short and tenuous to not go after something that has a chance at being so great!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #768 on: July 17, 2016, 02:57:35 AM »

I think I was sour-grapesing in my last post in this thread. Unfortunately, this means that I have the lovely personality trait of trying to discern vocations out of spite. I'm sure that'll serve me absolutely [Inks]ing swimmingly in future.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #769 on: July 17, 2016, 03:04:19 AM »

Why would you have an open WiFi in the first place? Passwords aren't that much of a hassle.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #770 on: July 17, 2016, 06:08:59 AM »
« Edited: July 17, 2016, 06:12:02 AM by I did not see L.A. »

I'm sorry to hear about your brother, Sanchez. Please don't give up on him.

That's what I was thinking of. Sometimes the feeling is just so powerful that it's hard to differentiate the two. It's entirely possible and even common to feel like it's love but, you know, love lasts, and everything else doesn't. I'm probably overreacting as usual but sweet jesus I have butterflies!

Even if it might not turn out to be "true love", it's still a beautiful feeling that deserves to be cherished and explored while it lasts (as long as you're careful not to hurt anyone else's feelings in the process, which I'm sure you'd be). You never know when's the next time you might ever feel like this again.

If you have good reasons to believe you have a chance, I think you can at least be (diplomatically) honest with her and see if she's interested in at least seeing where that might go. I'm the last person who has any business giving out advice on these things (OK... next to last, after Cathcon Tongue), but at least that's what I'd do.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #771 on: July 17, 2016, 08:25:44 AM »

I guess I'll limit my activity to Lumine's game, and possibly some Atlasian stuff, for a time being.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #772 on: July 17, 2016, 11:04:52 PM »

Your time on this rock is too short and tenuous to not go after something that has a chance at being so great!

If you have good reasons to believe you have a chance, I think you can at least be (diplomatically) honest with her and see if she's interested in at least seeing where that might go. I'm the last person who has any business giving out advice on these things (OK... next to last, after Cathcon Tongue), but at least that's what I'd do.

I'm just really shy, but I am working up to it

..And I swear Cathcon can be so comically dispiriting sometimes

Thanks guuuyysss~!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #773 on: July 18, 2016, 01:30:54 AM »

I have officially gotten the good ending on Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Took probably 1000+ savestates, but boom, baby!
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #774 on: July 18, 2016, 01:42:28 AM »

I have this week off from work.

So, I already took my car to the repair center this morning for the annual routine check.

After 7 years, they probably need to replace the brakes and everything, which means I'm going to pay a lot for this (400-600€ I guess).

Drove back home with my bike.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies