Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:24:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115484 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2016, 07:07:01 PM »

So I was able to email the third-party website I made my donation through, and they'll give me a refund. That should settle everything, if I understand correctly. I'm so relieved.

So yeah, I'm an idiot. I've learned my lesson and from now on I'll be very careful.

Thanks to people who have been helpful, and the assholes can go f**k themselves.

I highly doubt anyone actually would've cared dude. Maybe if you were pumping thousands and thousands in you'd get flagged, but nobody's going to waste their time and resources going after some guy who donated $20.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2016, 09:29:51 PM »

So I was able to email the third-party website I made my donation through, and they'll give me a refund. That should settle everything, if I understand correctly. I'm so relieved.

So yeah, I'm an idiot. I've learned my lesson and from now on I'll be very careful.

While it's illegal for you to donate money, my understanding is that you can volunteer for the campaign if you so desire.  (Not official legal advice, so maybe check this first.)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #127 on: March 12, 2016, 12:21:58 AM »

While it's illegal for you to donate money, my understanding is that you can volunteer for the campaign if you so desire.  (Not official legal advice, so maybe check this first.)

That's definitely true. I remember in 2006 I did some campus lit dropping with some students who were visiting from Sweden.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #128 on: March 12, 2016, 12:37:05 AM »

We're playing a Serenade for Strings by a certain protégé of Dvorak, but we aren't doing so hot. I guess you could say it... SUKS!

If you got that pun, you might be a band nerd.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #129 on: March 12, 2016, 01:17:51 AM »

We're playing a Serenade for Strings by a certain protégé of Dvorak, but we aren't doing so hot. I guess you could say it... SUKS!

XD

We're playing part of Dvorak's New World Symphony right now; it says Ninth on the sheet music but I'm confused because it's also Fifth or something like that.

That's one of my faves. Which movement?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2016, 03:48:08 AM »

That's definitely true. I remember in 2006 I did some campus lit dropping with some students who were visiting from Sweden.

I want to look into that when I have some time (certainly not during finals week though Tongue). Thanks again for the help.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2016, 03:53:56 AM »

Campaigning would afaik technically count as an 'in kind' donation and would technically be illegal but in practice no one would care, yes.

Hilariously, you could donate to Bernie's Super PAC, I think.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2016, 08:21:00 AM »
« Edited: March 12, 2016, 08:23:34 AM by DavidB. »

Hilariously, you could donate to Bernie's Super PAC, I think.
He doesn't have one, does he?

This should be a no-brainer. Us Americans don't go around donating to political campaigns in the UK.
Uh, yes, they do? Don't know about the UK, but American businessman George Soros just donated 200,000 euros to the "yes" campaign in the upcoming Dutch referendum on the EU and Ukraine. That should of course be illegal, too, and it's out fault for allowing this -- but still your statement is factually incorrect.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2016, 08:40:18 AM »

It's definitely pretty f**king irresponsible for them not to even include an "Are you a US citizen?" question in the form you have to fill.

Hmmm ... they do:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/lets-go-bernie?refcode=homepage_module&amount=10

Your donation was definitely illegal then. Good that you informed them.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2016, 11:25:48 AM »

XD

We're playing part of Dvorak's New World Symphony right now; it says Ninth on the sheet music but I'm confused because it's also Fifth or something like that.

Last one.

Lol, you're playing the one that John Williams (probably) copied the "Jaws" theme from.

My fave as always the second one. We (sorta) get a walking bass-line -- in orchestra music! You don't see that every day.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2016, 01:48:40 PM »

It's definitely pretty f**king irresponsible for them not to even include an "Are you a US citizen?" question in the form you have to fill.

Hmmm ... they do:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/lets-go-bernie?refcode=homepage_module&amount=10

Your donation was definitely illegal then. Good that you informed them.

...oh

Jesus F**king Christ I'm a complete moron.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2016, 03:37:48 PM »

XD

Last one.

I went to vote with my mother yesterday. It's sort of funny (but expected) how the outside of the early voting place is literally consumed by campaign signs; they reminded me of a heavily-wooded magical forest in how many and colorful they were. Apparently, the people there are actually supposed to encourage children to stand next to their parents when they vote, which I don't understand but did anyway. She followed all of my suggestions for the local races, but couldn't bear voting for Trump or Cruz so voted for Kasich instead. I actually got to press a few of the buttons and cast her ballot, so if I do the same thing when my dad goes to vote I will have the proud distinction of being one of the few people this election cycle to actually cast two ballots (#voterfraud2k16).

lel
I cast both my parents but also my aunts and grandmothers.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2016, 06:51:18 AM »

XD

Dvorak's first four symphonies were all written in his youth and he never published them as an adult.  So, when it was premiered, the New World Symphony was given number #5, and it was known as that for awhile.  That is, until they discovered his juvenilia and re-numbered everything.  So now it's #9.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2016, 12:39:00 PM »

Proud to have cast my first presidential primary ballot for Donald Trump. My polling location was at a community center in a public housing complex, so naturally, there were no college aged Bernie people there on account of their fear of black people.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2016, 09:58:37 PM »

So I just came back from voting with Dad; very happy to cast my first presidential vote for none other than Donald J. Trump himself.

Fifty-eighth voter at our voting place for the fifty-eighth presidential election Tongue
why the hell Trump and not Sanders?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2016, 10:05:44 PM »

Over three weeks smoke free.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2016, 10:32:27 PM »

Congrats! We're all rooting for you!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2016, 06:52:28 PM »

Sid Dinerstein, the former PBC GOP Chairman, is on Smerconish right now as a Trump supporter. This is the same asshole who refused to let me meet Trump in 2011 when Trump and Allen West had a rally in Boca despite the fact that I literally used to sit at his table each month during the Republican Club meetings.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2016, 07:19:41 PM »

Sid Dinerstein, the former PBC GOP Chairman, is on Smerconish right now as a Trump supporter. This is the same asshole who refused to let me meet Trump in 2011 when Trump and Allen West had a rally in Boca despite the fact that I literally used to sit at his table each month during the Republican Club meetings.

For a second I forgot who Michael Smerconish was and thought, confusedly, that you were talking about some county in Washington.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2016, 08:01:12 PM »

For a second I forgot who Michael Smerconish was and thought, confusedly, that you were talking about some county in Washington.
My uncle used to be a regular caller on his radio show, until his call screener and him got into it one day over his pro-Trump comments. Now she won't let him through.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2016, 09:12:01 PM »

Just found out my best friend will be performing with the legendary George Clinton on Monday across the street at FSU. I'm so happy for him.

Also, I'm considering entering the district caucuses to be a delegate to the RNC. I have the backing of some people whose help will be instrumental, but my immediate bosses didn't seem to take my inquiries seriously. I'll bring it up again in a month assuming I still have the itch.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #146 on: March 19, 2016, 09:42:09 PM »

Just found out my best friend will be performing with the legendary George Clinton on Monday across the street at FSU. I'm so happy for him.

Also, I'm considering entering the district caucuses to be a delegate to the RNC. I have the backing of some people whose help will be instrumental, but my immediate bosses didn't seem to take my inquiries seriously. I'll bring it up again in a month assuming I still have the itch.

If can get the chance, by all means lobby to be a delegate to the national convention. I was one in 2008 and it was very much worth it. The floor seat for the speeches and meeting top movers and shakers at the receptions are a unique view into politics at that level.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #147 on: March 19, 2016, 10:03:49 PM »

I got my very liberal California-dwelling dad to register as a Republican to vote for Cruz in the primary.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #148 on: March 19, 2016, 10:25:17 PM »

I got my very liberal California-dwelling dad to register as a Republican to vote for Cruz in the primary.

How did you manage that?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #149 on: March 20, 2016, 12:44:17 AM »

How did you manage that?

My guess would be on #NeverTrump grounds. Same reason I voted for the lavenous one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies