Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:40:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115306 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: April 27, 2016, 02:15:23 PM »

I woke up very early, the sun is nice, I'm going for a long ride.

Well, just as I left it started to rain and I was dry to the bone, but I visited a site of "Marian apparition", because there's a very nice small wooded church there (and there's not much wooden churches left).

Do you bike a lot? Was looking at your pics (handsome btw!) and both are you out and about. I used to bike a lot myself down along the shore, but have taken up jogging the past year.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #326 on: April 27, 2016, 02:25:07 PM »

I woke up very early, the sun is nice, I'm going for a long ride.

Well, just as I left it started to rain and I was dry to the bone, but I visited a site of "Marian apparition", because there's a very nice small wooded church there (and there's not much wooden churches left).

Do you bike a lot? Was looking at your pics (handsome btw!) and both are you out and about. I used to bike a lot myself down along the shore, but have taken up jogging the past year.

Quite a lot, though for longer distance trips I use my motorbike. I'm thinking of doing some cross-country driving this summer... if they pay me in time for my last translating job. We all know what publishers are like.

I probably should take up jogging as well. Been a while.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #327 on: April 27, 2016, 06:58:16 PM »

Had to work late both today and yesterday to get the quarterly tax forms (IRS 941, SCDOR WH-1605, SCDEW UCE-101/120) done for the payroll clients at the place I work. Not late, late, but still having to stay after because others waited until the last moment to get us their info wasn't fun, and unlike a 1040, you can't file an extension for those.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #328 on: April 27, 2016, 07:58:28 PM »

Got cussed out in Mandarin today by one of our servers because I accidentally wrote DP (DIet Pepsi) instead of DRP (Dr. Pepper) on a guests check... he caused a big scene.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #329 on: April 28, 2016, 03:01:38 AM »

Because of my own desperation in a moment of stupidity, I am now fighting to recover my possibly impounded/stolen car which has a defective alternator anyway.

Basically, I was driving to a temporary gig when at a random stoplight, the car depowered, I managed to get it to the side. But desperate to get to work, I hitched a ride the rest of the way and called up towing...but I forgot to leave the key, which forced me to return to the scene anyway.

When I got back to the scene, the car was gone, and when I called the towing company to see if they had it, they did not.

I called the police, but they had no impound records at all.

....What the hell is my life anymore?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #330 on: April 28, 2016, 08:41:48 AM »

Got a new commission, which I have to complete for Tuesday. So, I'm pissed now.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #331 on: April 28, 2016, 09:15:31 AM »

Congratulations!
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #332 on: April 28, 2016, 03:03:42 PM »

So my best friend, who I have known for more than two-thirds of my life,  has gotten engaged. No big deal...

(Seriously, I couldn't be happier for him and his bride-to-be.)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #333 on: April 29, 2016, 02:04:09 PM »
« Edited: April 29, 2016, 02:07:41 PM by Torie »

My brother sent me this. The first word that is partially missing is "Priscilla," the name of my mother. He did some business deals in Japan in the 1960's, when this snap was taken, and his hosts did indeed take very good care of him. Smiley

Gosh I still miss my Dad after all of these dears, and always will, until the day I die. His final exit left a void in my life that will never be fully filled. We were very close, and absolutely adored and admired each other. In some ways, we were best friends as adults. I wish he were still alive, so that I could share my Hudson adventure with him. As a Brooklyn boy, born and raised, he would be utterly gobsmacked that I voluntarily chose to move to the boonies of NY. My dad didn't think very favorably of rural areas. He thought they tended to be backward, provincial and ignorant. And he took about as much pleasure in outdoor camping, as in paying taxes at high rates, and/or venereal disease. So as a kid, we only did that two or three times.

I might add that my other brother recently told me, that Dad told him that he really wished that I would accidentally "knock up" some woman, so that I would get married (how old fashioned of him). That wish of his of course was not fulfilled! Tongue

This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #334 on: April 29, 2016, 02:42:27 PM »

Heading to the Sox-Yanks game tonight.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #335 on: April 29, 2016, 10:01:13 PM »

Posted this in another thread by accident so re-posting it here.

Had a bs incident at work today, this TRUMP supporting lady who comes in quite frequently (she is the chair of my city's Trump office) decked in Trump swag told me to move her from a seat I sat her because she felt the Muslim family I sat next to her was "going to bomb the restaurant" and she felt uncomfortable, so I politely told her "we don't serve bigotry here, there is a wing place down the street you can take it to instead" so she gets up goes to my boss and complains about me and he then tells her to "get the  out of my restaurant"

She starts yelling something about "squinty eyed" people and "terrorist loving liberals" and then my boss tells me she always causes incidents but he doesn't ban her because it would be too much of a hassle.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #336 on: April 30, 2016, 08:09:39 AM »

I shall follow the example set by Antonio and take a leave. I got too much work now to get distracted... and this forum is a high-energy distraction.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: April 30, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »

I shall follow the example set by Antonio and take a leave. I got too much work now to get distracted... and this forum is a high-energy distraction.

aww you guys suck Sad
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #338 on: April 30, 2016, 12:21:06 PM »

Things generally look promising for me.  My depression has lessened (but is still there), I feel more successful and productive, and I'm definitely excited about my upcoming job with the county government.  I'm still a bit lonely, but I am making more friends than ever.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #339 on: April 30, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »

Things generally look promising for me.  My depression has lessened (but is still there), I feel more successful and productive, and I'm definitely excited about my upcoming job with the county government.  I'm still a bit lonely, but I am making more friends than ever.

Awesome! Don't forget about us when you have your fancy-schmancy new job, hehe!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #340 on: April 30, 2016, 03:30:17 PM »

Great job, TDAS! Grin
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: April 30, 2016, 03:31:52 PM »

Had a woman tip me $5 just for seating her at a booth and taking her drink order....lol
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: April 30, 2016, 03:43:07 PM »

Had a woman tip me $5 just for seating her at a booth and taking her drink order....lol

I do that too, except not always $5. More like $3 - $5. I even tip when I pick up takeout from my favorite local establishments. They have had a lot of slow days the past year so I feel obligated to help out my fellow Americans.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #343 on: April 30, 2016, 05:11:13 PM »

Awesome! Don't forget about us when you have your fancy-schmancy new job, hehe!

Thank you!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #344 on: April 30, 2016, 07:39:16 PM »

There was this Trump delegate today at my caucus who did get elected to the National Convention in Cleveland. She was literally crazy she first said that Obama is preparing to build gas chambers for all whites and then said that Hitler did a good job in the holocaust but attacked the wrong group and he should've killed the blacks, homosexuals and "the dirty Muslim terrorists" instead.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #345 on: May 01, 2016, 11:14:26 AM »

Had a relatively good weekend- started going jogging again which gives me something to work to. Meet a tory MP called Andrew Percy who seemed like a top bloke, and had a chat about how much of a sh**te George Osborne is. Now to crack on with exam prep
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: May 01, 2016, 12:30:49 PM »

There was this Trump delegate today at my caucus who did get elected to the National Convention in Cleveland. She was literally crazy she first said that Obama is preparing to build gas chambers for all whites and then said that Hitler did a good job in the holocaust but attacked the wrong group and he should've killed the blacks, homosexuals and "the dirty Muslim terrorists" instead.

Does that really surprise you though? You know the kind of people Trump attracts.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #347 on: May 01, 2016, 12:35:51 PM »

I finally turned in my thesis on Friday - 63 pages in total. It's going to be all downhill from here.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: May 01, 2016, 12:52:39 PM »

I finally turned in my thesis on Friday - 63 pages in total. It's going to be all downhill from here.

Congrats on finishing it, how long did it take for you to write it?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #349 on: May 01, 2016, 02:25:52 PM »

Congrats on finishing it, how long did it take for you to write it?

I've been doing research for about a year, but I started writing in September.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies