Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 12:20:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 119520 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: July 18, 2016, 07:25:44 AM »

I'm just really shy, but I am working up to it

Really? Shocked I know people often act very differently online than IRL, but I never would have guessed!

As someone who used to be very shy (I'm still socially awkward, but things have gotten a lot better in the past few years), I can assure you that overcoming it is absolutely worth the effort. Good luck! Smiley
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #776 on: July 18, 2016, 08:15:17 AM »

Really? Shocked I know people often act very differently online than IRL, but I never would have guessed!

As someone who used to be very shy (I'm still socially awkward, but things have gotten a lot better in the past few years), I can assure you that overcoming it is absolutely worth the effort. Good luck! Smiley
Introverts tend to put more effort into their writing.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #777 on: July 18, 2016, 08:25:01 AM »

Your time on this rock is too short and tenuous to not go after something that has a chance at being so great!

If you have good reasons to believe you have a chance, I think you can at least be (diplomatically) honest with her and see if she's interested in at least seeing where that might go. I'm the last person who has any business giving out advice on these things (OK... next to last, after Cathcon Tongue), but at least that's what I'd do.

..And I swear Cathcon can be so comically dispiriting sometimes

Thanks guuuyysss~!

So am I. Good luck. Smiley
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #778 on: July 18, 2016, 09:46:55 AM »

this is atlas; my default assumption is that everyone is somewhere between "a bit shy" and "cripplingly antisocial"
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #779 on: July 18, 2016, 11:08:08 AM »

\

..And I swear Cathcon can be so comically dispiriting sometimes

Thanks guuuyysss~!

Good luck!  Pretty sure I know how you feel.  Rejection is scary and hurts, but the thing is, sometimes they say yes.  The feeling when that happens makes all the other times worth it.  Smiley  Still, I don't want to push you into it.  You still have to decide if you're ready, and only you can do that!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #780 on: July 18, 2016, 11:45:54 AM »
« Edited: July 18, 2016, 11:47:39 AM by I did not see L.A. »

this is atlas; my default assumption is that everyone is somewhere between "a bit shy" and "cripplingly antisocial"

From what I've heard, antisocial people are often very well adjusted.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #781 on: July 18, 2016, 06:03:19 PM »

Just got back from seeing Book of Mormon with the boi, was one of the best shows I've seen for a while
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #782 on: July 18, 2016, 11:56:06 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2016, 12:05:09 AM by Virginia »

I'm sure if I explained my childhood/adolescence it would make a lot of sense. As for here - Well, it's easy to be open on the Internet. I'm sure everyone knows that. It's the best part!

@SirenSad Thank yous! I'm going to move this along this week/end I think. I have very good feelings about this. It's just been such a long time. Embarrassingly long, actually
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #783 on: July 19, 2016, 08:54:43 AM »

I'm sure if I explained my childhood/adolescence it would make a lot of sense.

Sad

My teenage years (roughly 11-14) were pretty terrible as well, but I can imagine you might be talking about even worse stuff. Hope things are better these days.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It's easy but it's not always without risk, as I learned at my expense over the past few years. Tongue I'm not sharing much of anything personal on the forum these days.

By all means don't change your posting style though! I think it's the perfect balance.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #784 on: July 19, 2016, 11:37:55 AM »

I have this week off from work.

So, I already took my car to the repair center this morning for the annual routine check.

After 7 years, they probably need to replace the brakes and everything, which means I'm going to pay a lot for this (400-600€ I guess).

Drove back home with my bike.

Paid 360€ (400$).

The new brakes incl. new brake fluid cost 120€ each, the mandatory inspection for the car 40€ and the work costs for the mechanic was 80€.

Not that bad.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #785 on: July 19, 2016, 12:55:35 PM »

There have been two fires in the hinterland near where I am living right now, in the past four days. Everyone who knows anything about these things told me they were not accidental.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #786 on: July 22, 2016, 07:17:40 PM »

It's gonna be 97º tomorrow... ugh. At least I have an excuse to not go outside...
In other news, my parents are really bummed about Kaine.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #787 on: July 22, 2016, 07:42:19 PM »

It's gonna be 97º tomorrow... ugh. At least I have an excuse to not go outside...

Why are they bummed are they still going to vote for her?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #788 on: July 22, 2016, 07:44:37 PM »

Why are they bummed are they still going to vote for her?

Yeah they'll vote for her, but my dad doesn't like the TPP stuff and the banks stuff. I've made my peace with it and moved on.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #789 on: July 22, 2016, 08:04:31 PM »

im drunk guys. #woowoo
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #790 on: July 23, 2016, 05:45:19 AM »

What do you mean? It's the perfect weather to go outside.

I, unfortunately, am back to the cold latitudes of the Paris area, which means I've said goodbye to the warm sun of Southern Italy for another year. Cry
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #791 on: July 23, 2016, 06:18:20 AM »

What do you mean? It's the perfect weather to go outside.

I, unfortunately, am back to the cold latitudes of the Paris area, which means I've said goodbye to the warm sun of Southern Italy for another year. Cry

That's a New York 97, so that's humid and gross as hell.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #792 on: July 23, 2016, 06:20:25 AM »

Fair enough. Tongue
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #793 on: July 23, 2016, 04:34:41 PM »

We are now semi-officially dating!

I cooked her dinner and told her how I feel, and despite my conflicting inner thoughts, it was what it appeared to be! As I told someone else earlier today, ironically, it was a straight girl hitting on a practically-a-lesbian girl, with me being almost oblivious at first and later too shy to reciprocate, lol. I had been wondering how I got so lucky, but it turns out she had a crush on me from months ago when we met at a party, which again I did not even realize (given her personality it should have been obvious). It's just been so freakin long since I've dated that I think I am not even on the same wavelength as anyone anymore.

However, despite my happiness (and I am happy -  the most I have been in a long time), there are a lot of pitfalls here. She is straight, her family is pretty religious and she doesn't want anyone else in her life to know about us yet. Worse yet, she is very clearly unsure if she is doing the right thing here. I've had enough experience both personally and from friends to know that this kind of volatility is probably going to leave me devastated at some point, which is why I just can't shake this feeling that I've made a big mistake..

LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #794 on: July 23, 2016, 04:35:54 PM »

I cooked her dinner and told her how I feel, and despite my conflicting inner thoughts, it was what it appeared to be! As I told someone else earlier today, ironically, it was a straight girl hitting on a practically-a-lesbian girl, with me being almost oblivious at first and later too shy to reciprocate, lol. I had been wondering how I got so lucky, but it turns out she had a crush on me from months ago when we met at a party, which again I did not even realize (given her personality it should have been obvious). It's just been so freakin long since I've dated that I think I am not even on the same wavelength as anyone anymore.

However, despite my happiness (and I am happy -  the most I have been in a long time), there are a lot of pitfalls here. She is straight, her family is pretty religious and she doesn't want anyone else in her life to know about us yet. Worse yet, she is very clearly unsure if she is doing the right thing here. I've had enough experience both personally and from friends to know that this kind of volatility is probably going to leave me devastated at some point, which is why I just can't shake this feeling that I've made a big mistake..

Congrats!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #795 on: July 23, 2016, 05:02:15 PM »

This is wonderful! I wish you all the best. I realize that these are serious hurdles and that there's a chance everything might end badly, but I genuinely think you should put all your efforts into it. Of course you can't make that decision for her, but you can definitely guide her and stand by her if she decides to come out.

Again I know I'm not saying anything useful, but I just really hope this ends well.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #796 on: July 23, 2016, 05:34:28 PM »

Again I know I'm not saying anything useful, but I just really hope this ends well.

Thanks Antonio . Encouragement is useful!

Hopefully when I'm done worrying about how precarious this relationship is, I can start enjoying it!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #797 on: July 23, 2016, 05:48:53 PM »

You go girl!  I hope she is everything you dreamed of and more.  Smiley
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #798 on: July 23, 2016, 05:52:11 PM »

Congratulations, Virginia!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #799 on: July 23, 2016, 06:17:39 PM »

Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies