Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:59:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115500 times)
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: July 23, 2016, 06:53:46 PM »

However, despite my happiness (and I am happy -  the most I have been in a long time), there are a lot of pitfalls here. She is straight, her family is pretty religious and she doesn't want anyone else in her life to know about us yet. Worse yet, she is very clearly unsure if she is doing the right thing here. I've had enough experience both personally and from friends to know that this kind of volatility is probably going to leave me devastated at some point, which is why I just can't shake this feeling that I've made a big mistake..

Yeah, but EVERYTHING precious leaves you devastated at some point - maybe not tomorrow, maybe not this year, maybe not for eighty years, but someday.  The nature of existence is that we lose everything that is precious to us.

So who cares!  Just enjoy and be present to something great while you have it!  If it turns out that you don't want to be in this relationship anymore, you can always leave anyways.  It sounds awesome!!! Congrats!!!
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #801 on: July 25, 2016, 03:21:53 AM »

I've decided to begin playing a video game about a living glove and its journey to use a ball to collect cards and defeat its twin, with exceedingly long credits. So far, I am 16% done.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #802 on: July 26, 2016, 10:04:27 PM »

I've posted somewhat less the last few days as I'm vacationing out west. I just got back from an overnight that included visits to three spectacular areas: Colorado National Monument, Arches National Park, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. It's monsoon season and while sitting in the hot tub at the hotel in Moab a thunderstorm struck, giving raindrops falling from above with hot jets of water from below. That excursion also added another 6 counties to my total.

White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #803 on: July 26, 2016, 10:21:48 PM »

I've decided to begin playing a video game about a living glove and its journey to use a ball to collect cards and defeat its twin, with exceedingly long credits. So far, I am 16% done.

Glover?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #804 on: July 26, 2016, 11:01:14 PM »

Glover?

Wink
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #805 on: July 26, 2016, 11:06:24 PM »

I live in an apartment building and my upstairs neighbors (on the second floor) started throwing furniture out the window into the yard. One dresser even broke. When I went and asked them why they said they didn't feel like carrying it down the stairs. Long story short, I'm glad they're moving out.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #806 on: July 26, 2016, 11:29:27 PM »

I live in an apartment building and my upstairs neighbors (on the second floor) started throwing furniture out the window into the yard. One dresser even broke. When I went and asked them why they said they didn't feel like carrying it down the stairs. Long story short, I'm glad they're moving out.

bahahaha amazing!  (I admit it'd be less funny if somebody got hurt).
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #807 on: July 28, 2016, 09:20:13 PM »

Currently sitting in the very, very top row of the DNC. Pelosi just finished speaking.

aww yeah boi
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #808 on: July 28, 2016, 09:26:09 PM »

Currently sitting in the very, very top row of the DNC. Pelosi just finished speaking.

Dude, let's go clubbing tonight! Gonna be lit!
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #809 on: July 29, 2016, 05:51:40 AM »

Saw a church sign BRTD would approve of:
POKEMON GO
CATCH THE SPIRIT
WITH US SUNDAY
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #810 on: July 30, 2016, 01:31:37 PM »

I just got political campaign mail from Roque De La Fuente
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #811 on: July 31, 2016, 02:15:28 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2016, 02:20:41 AM by ChairmanSanchez »

My grandma's downstairs neighbor called the police on her for a noise complaint. She's 74, how loud can she be?

Well, tomorrow, his doorstep is going to have a very funky smell. Don't finks with Granny Sanchez.

Edit: BTW, I'm not the first to leave a little surprise. The Haitian exchange students across the hall also earned his ire. They left something much, much worse last time. Ironically, I ended up smoking a cigarette with one earlier tonight in the parking lot and they predicted exactly what would happen tonight. My grandma loves those guys and after tonight I can see why. They know how to handle this stuff.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #812 on: July 31, 2016, 04:47:44 PM »

she did it!!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #813 on: July 31, 2016, 05:31:18 PM »
« Edited: July 31, 2016, 05:33:22 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

No. I did. Granny has been having age related bladder issues, she couldn't even make it down the stairs. So I went out after she went to bed and....uh..relieved myself.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #814 on: August 03, 2016, 01:02:30 PM »

I've been offered a five month paid internship with the European Parliament, which is incredibly exciting and I'm really looking forward to it.  I've accepted but because I'm incredibly pessimistic I'm not going to entirely believe it until I get the official letter telling me who I'm working for and stuff.

I've never lived away from home before so its going to be a bit of a challenge; but I'm sure I'll manage it.  Looks like I'll be bunking in someone's spare room, which shouldn't be too bad...
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #815 on: August 03, 2016, 01:04:22 PM »

I've been offered a five month paid internship with the European Parliament, which is incredibly exciting and I'm really looking forward to it.  I've accepted but because I'm incredibly pessimistic I'm not going to entirely believe it until I get the official letter telling me who I'm working for and stuff.

I've never lived away from home before so its going to be a bit of a challenge; but I'm sure I'll manage it.  Looks like I'll be bunking in someone's spare room, which shouldn't be too bad...

Congrats!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #816 on: August 03, 2016, 03:29:45 PM »

If you're wondering about the avatar change, as of tomorrow I'm in Maine for a week Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #817 on: August 03, 2016, 03:31:14 PM »

No. I did. Granny has been having age related bladder issues, she couldn't even make it down the stairs. So I went out after she went to bed and....uh..relieved myself.

That's repulsive.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #818 on: August 03, 2016, 03:37:02 PM »

My grandpa fell down the stairs and broke his humerus. He's 82, so it's obviously harder on him than it would be on someone younger Sad
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #819 on: August 03, 2016, 03:42:04 PM »

My grandpa fell down the stairs and broke his humerus. He's 82, so it's obviously harder on him than it would be on someone younger Sad
I hope he gets better soon.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #820 on: August 03, 2016, 03:42:46 PM »

^^^^ Sorry to hear that.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #821 on: August 03, 2016, 03:45:35 PM »

^^^^ Sorry to hear that.
...I know what you meant, but the way you quoted my post instead of Kal's makes it seem like you're sorry to hear that I hope Kal's grandfather gets better soon.
Speedy
Belisarius
Rookie

« Reply #822 on: August 03, 2016, 03:46:16 PM »

I've already mentioned it elsewhere, but since this thread seems more relevant, I'll mention it here, too. From ~2005-2009, I posted here a whole ton as "SpeedOfSound". In my long time gone, I'm happy to say that everything has been well. I've been given the opportunity to pursue the dream and I'm currently living in Texas, well underway in my PhD work in Classics (specializing in Latin prose/Roman history). I've come back around because I still can't resist a US presidential election and I can apparently only understand and enjoy politics in the crazy way y'all have always done it. I'm so glad to see so many names still posting here that were already legends when I was originally on!
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #823 on: August 03, 2016, 03:47:07 PM »

I've already mentioned it elsewhere, but since this thread seems more relevant, I'll mention it here, too. From ~2005-2009, I posted here a whole ton as "SpeedOfSound". In my long time gone, I'm happy to say that everything has been well. I've been given the opportunity to pursue the dream and I'm currently living in Texas, well underway in my PhD work in Classics (specializing in Latin prose/Roman history). I've come back around because I still can't resist a US presidential election and I can apparently only understand and enjoy politics in the crazy way y'all have always done it. I'm so glad to see so many names still posting here that were already legends when I was originally on!
Welcome back!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #824 on: August 03, 2016, 03:47:48 PM »

^^^^ Sorry to hear that.
...I know what you meant, but the way you quoted my post instead of Kal's makes it seem like you're sorry to hear that I hope Kal's grandfather gets better soon.

That is, for the record, not what I meant. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies