Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:55:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 114934 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: October 24, 2016, 02:56:25 PM »

And now I'm looking for a publisher...

This is the worst part.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1451 on: October 24, 2016, 04:09:08 PM »

Heard the baby's heartbeat a few days ago, so there's definitely a little person living in there
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1452 on: October 25, 2016, 05:49:20 PM »

no, facebook, I do not want to celebrate austria national day.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1453 on: October 25, 2016, 05:53:56 PM »

Damn, Facebook's even bought into this narrative. Tender's gaining traction!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1454 on: October 25, 2016, 08:14:38 PM »

Went to the Trump rally. Waited two hours in traffic on I-10 and barely moved a mile. A state trooper pulled along the side of the road and told us that they were not accepting any more traffic, so I got into the other lane and pulled off at the exit to turn around (the next exit is 25 miles east and I already thought I wasted enough time). Long story short, I saw people parking on the round-about exit's swale, so I joined then. Ran into some Johnson/Weld people that included a friend I hadn't seen in five years. We went into the rally (about ~3,000 people in a cow field) but split up because they were their to cause trouble and protest. I did invite him and his group of libertarian friends to come over and take part in the libertarian ritual of smoking the peace pipe though.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1455 on: October 25, 2016, 08:17:26 PM »

Went to the Trump rally. Waited two hours in traffic on I-10 and barely moved a mile. A state trooper pulled along the side of the road and told us that they were not accepting any more traffic, so I got into the other lane and pulled off at the exit to turn around (the next exit is 25 miles east and I already thought I wasted enough time). Long story short, I saw people parking on the round-about exit's swale, so I joined then. Ran into some Johnson/Weld people that included a friend I hadn't seen in five years. We went into the rally (about ~3,000 people in a cow field) but split up because they were their to cause trouble and protest. I did invite him and his group of libertarian friends to come over and take part in the libertarian ritual of smoking the peace pipe though.

Were they successful in their mission to cause trouble?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1456 on: October 25, 2016, 09:13:43 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2016, 10:31:02 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Were they successful in their mission to cause trouble?
Not really. One lady yelled at them to take off their masks (two wore Hillary/Trump creepy Halloween masks) and the only response they could muster was to mutter "bitch" or something, and another group of older men started giving them a hard time about Johnson being weak on "teh Muslims" while one yelled "where's your joints?" (ironically they did sneak some in, but I left when they lit up because the field was teeming with state troopers). It was rather pitiful, and I expected more of the, Johnson/Weld people, as libertarians are very creative when it comes to protesting. For example, I still see faded, rotting Ron Paul '08 signs nailed ten feet high on a telephone poll in certain areas. Other famous examples of libertarian expressions of dissent include the LNC stripper and that elector from VA getting picked by Nixon only to cast the only electoral votes the Libertarian Party probably will ever receive.

Edit: Also, should note that my friend and everyone else in his group were blessed with a sharp wit, a trait that I find fairly common among libertarians and other young political radicals of any stripe. But their attempts to display it were very rigid and awkward, practically forced. Their delivery sounded weak and without confidence. If you are going to walk around a Trump rally in a Johnson/Weld shirt and a Trump mask on your face yelling "My daughter is so hot!" like an obnoxious college student, then have the youthful arrogance and confidence that should accompany it. Don't embarrassingly slink away because one old woman decked head to toe in red, white, and blue garb said "you look stupid."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1457 on: October 25, 2016, 10:54:41 PM »

Also, former Libertarian Presidential candidate Kevin McCormick followed me on Twitter. He doesn't follow many people (most people who follow me also have 20,000 other feeds to see).
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1458 on: October 26, 2016, 12:12:38 AM »

Sanchez, just what the hell is it you're messing around with all the time?  Asking for a friend.

(No, seriously, I'm just curious.)

racist
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1459 on: October 26, 2016, 01:54:12 PM »

These past two days were the first time in at least a year that a forum feud has genuinely gotten at me emotionally. That probably came across in my posts. I'm better now, if anyone cares.

Another thing that happened to me yesterday is that a guy approached me while I was walking on campus, tried to strike conversation in a very rapid and forced way, and then ended up calling over a girl which I'm not clear if he knew before or was another stranger he randomly picked up. Anyway, he said he wanted to hang out and asked us to exchange phone numbers. I was seriously creeped out by the whole thing, but because I'm always too trusting and didn't have the emotional resources to say no to anyone around that time, I went along taking hers and giving her mine. They both left almost immediately.

So, the question is, assuming this is a scam of some kind, what's the worst thing that could happen to me? They only have my phone number, right, so the worst that could happen is that I get spammed with calls, right? They can't steal any information or screw me over in any way, right?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1460 on: October 26, 2016, 02:26:26 PM »

These past two days were the first time in at least a year that a forum feud has genuinely gotten at me emotionally. That probably came across in my posts. I'm better now, if anyone cares.

Another thing that happened to me yesterday is that a guy approached me while I was walking on campus, tried to strike conversation in a very rapid and forced way, and then ended up calling over a girl which I'm not clear if he knew before or was another stranger he randomly picked up. Anyway, he said he wanted to hang out and asked us to exchange phone numbers. I was seriously creeped out by the whole thing, but because I'm always too trusting and didn't have the emotional resources to say no to anyone around that time, I went along taking hers and giving her mine. They both left almost immediately.

So, the question is, assuming this is a scam of some kind, what's the worst thing that could happen to me? They only have my phone number, right, so the worst that could happen is that I get spammed with calls, right? They can't steal any information or screw me over in any way, right?

I don't know man, but that is extremely suspicious.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1461 on: October 26, 2016, 02:57:28 PM »

IMO he was probably a dealer; when someone comes up to you and asks for your phone number they're either doing it to mug you or so that you can get in contact you. I really wouldn't get too worked up about it (although it's always easy to say that when it doesn't affect you!)

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1462 on: October 26, 2016, 03:00:21 PM »

IMO he was probably a dealer; when someone comes up to you and asks for your phone number they're either doing it to mug you or so that you can get in contact you. I really wouldn't get too worked up about it (although it's always easy to say that when it doesn't affect you!)

That makes sense. I guess I won't die if I start getting a couple of junk calls every day. More than that would start getting on my nerves, but if worse comes to worse I can always change my number.

As long as my privacy is safe, that's fine.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1463 on: October 26, 2016, 03:02:29 PM »

That makes sense. I guess I won't die if I start getting a couple of junk calls every day. More than that would start getting on my nerves, but if worse comes to worse I can always change my number.

As long as my privacy is safe, that's fine.

Just be happy you never received a flood of calls/messages from a crazy girl like I had once.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1464 on: October 26, 2016, 03:25:59 PM »

I'm going as a sexy Ken Bone for Halloween this year.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1465 on: October 26, 2016, 03:27:28 PM »

Fck me, these actually exist.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1466 on: October 26, 2016, 06:16:25 PM »

I'm going as a guy in a black mask with a cat in the hat hat and a scythe.

Aka I went to Party City and picked things that were on sale because I have no money.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1467 on: October 26, 2016, 09:45:02 PM »

I'm going as Brexit. Maybe sexy Brexit if I can figure out how...
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1468 on: October 26, 2016, 10:11:46 PM »

So...at work today, my boss made it public who he is voting for, my boss is Chinese and is voting for TRUMP and basically called us Hillary and Stein supporters idiots...fun day.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1469 on: October 27, 2016, 12:57:34 AM »

I just got humiliated on Twitter by a semi-prominent #NeverTrumper because I made a two-tweet thread, realized how stupid it was, and deleted tweet one but forgot tweet two, which looked even stupider without tweet one, and she replied and totally cucked me, and I tweeted at her like five times in an attempt to correct it, and blearrgh
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1470 on: October 27, 2016, 10:27:36 AM »

I just got humiliated on Twitter by a semi-prominent #NeverTrumper because I made a two-tweet thread, realized how stupid it was, and deleted tweet one but forgot tweet two, which looked even stupider without tweet one, and she replied and totally cucked me, and I tweeted at her like five times in an attempt to correct it, and blearrgh

The first step in correcting that is avoiding use of the term "stupider."
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1471 on: October 27, 2016, 10:35:36 AM »

A television at my work is turned to a daytime gameshow- in this case "Let's Make a Deal". It has utterly destroyed my hopes for the race and I'm constantly reminded of a combination of "Running Man" and "Requiem for a Dream". Bad enough for the host--who at some point was no doubt an actor who had worthier roles than this--but watching these poor, poor people debase themselves for a lump of money or even for a chance to be on television is fast leading me ever deeper into despondency. Society's broken.

If this is the indicator, then it's been broken for 50 years. I watched the same program with much the same format and contestants in the 1960s.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1472 on: October 27, 2016, 11:03:47 AM »

The first step in correcting that is avoiding use of the term "stupider."

I'm just going to apologize for that trainwreck of a post right now -- at the same time that the Twitter fiasco was going on, there was other IRL stuff freaking me out, and I wasn't even close to thinking straight.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1473 on: October 27, 2016, 11:18:01 AM »

So...at work today, my boss made it public who he is voting for, my boss is Chinese and is voting for TRUMP and basically called us Hillary and Stein supporters idiots...fun day.
I noticed at the Trump rally that the demographics were a bit interesting. Yes, the crowd of 3,000-4,000 people was overwhelmingly white and probably 60% female. Of the whites, 55% were over 50, and about 45% over 50. There were a good number of frat-bros/sorority girls there, all of whom were white. There were probably 50-60 black supporters there, which proportionally is tiny, yet ironically also the largest group of black Republicans I've ever seen at one gathering. There were a number of Asian families that came together as a group-I actually recognized this one guy and his family as I seem to see them every time I go to Walmart.

This is the scary part-I did not see one single Latino in the crowd at the rally or in the crowd of 20 protesters. In fact, Tallahassee is somewhat of a culture shock to me because there really isn't a significant discernible Latino population period, inside and outside of the college town.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1474 on: October 27, 2016, 02:37:03 PM »

Currently grading my students' midterms. 56 down, 100 or so to go.

This is hell.

141 down. 24 left for tomorrow. Still have all the other stuff to get done this week. Ugh.

Yes, same here. I just graded my load of 40ish midterms. My main takeaway is that the results were absolutely brutal, a bloodbath - over half the students in both classes failed (less than 50%) and the best group's class average was barely a D. To make matters worse, I was rather generous in my grading, seeking to maximize their grade. Just 7 out of like 37 students got over a 10 (/15) grade (I am really not surprised these students did well). They're very lucky that I was overly generous in grading their papers a few weeks ago and that they'll probably get the bulk of their 25% participation mark by just continuing to show up and not saying huevonadas in my groups.

I haven't seen anything this bad since a midterm in a class of dumb Colombian first years last spring, but at least they had the excuse of not speaking English (although given a few of the midterms here, seems like a few of mine don't speak English either).

Not good!*

* The girl who got the best grade (14/15) is some contrarian leftish who plays devil's advocate for TRUMP
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies