Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:37:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115409 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: November 30, 2016, 07:17:27 PM »

Just had a date with a very cute girl. We talked for two and a half hours (I had to go to work) but she said we should do it again sometime. Which is lit.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1601 on: November 30, 2016, 08:48:11 PM »

Just had a date with a very cute girl. We talked for two and a half hours (I had to go to work) but she said we should do it again sometime. Which is lit.

Nice, good job.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1602 on: November 30, 2016, 09:24:49 PM »

It's over, bro.

y u gotta do this 2 me
let me have this
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1603 on: November 30, 2016, 10:20:49 PM »

I hope I don't get replaced at my job by these temps.

Also I suck at not procrastinating. Need this damn paper done tonight
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1604 on: November 30, 2016, 11:48:43 PM »

I just had a mental breakdown and flipped my s*** on a bunch of friends and co-workers and I feel horrible.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #1605 on: December 01, 2016, 12:42:59 AM »

I just had a mental breakdown and flipped my s*** on a bunch of friends and co-workers and I feel horrible.

Have done this more than once. You're only human. Don't beat yourself up about it. Apologize and explain that you were just having a bad day. People are forgiving. Hope you're alright.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1606 on: December 01, 2016, 02:30:57 AM »

Shtty situation right now.  I'd complain about it over Facebook again, but I don't want to be "that guy."  So I'll just do it here.

Basically I just slept the entire day today.  Woke up at 10 PM or something (more accurately, I slept until 6, did some stuff, went back to sleep and woke up again at 10).  I have absolutely zero motivation to do anything these days.  I was creating music a month ago, which I had enjoyed doing, but now I can't even do that anymore because of my depression and because I'm frankly losing motivation to do so and I have no ideas.  That was sort of important to me because it was one of few things that kept me happy and gave me reason to do stuff other than sloth around in bed all day.  Atlas doesn't seem to be filling the void for me, either, whether it's my routine shtposting or Atlasia stuff or whatever.  Right now I'm pretty much just lying in bed waiting to fall asleep, which is hard as it is because my sleep patterns are already fcked up and have been for years.

I just don't know what to do anymore.  I'm not looking for pity or anything, and maybe part of me even deserves it for being such an asshole on here all the time (which in large part is rooted in my general cynicism and anger about my personal situation), but I can't really find anything to justify my existence on this earth anymore seeing as I contribute basically jack sht to it.

I feel like this is my fault and there's something I could be doing to change it, but I don't know what it is.  I'm losing more and more of myself.

Sorry for the bawwww fest.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1607 on: December 01, 2016, 12:13:50 PM »

Shtty situation right now.  I'd complain about it over Facebook again, but I don't want to be "that guy."  So I'll just do it here.

Basically I just slept the entire day today.  Woke up at 10 PM or something (more accurately, I slept until 6, did some stuff, went back to sleep and woke up again at 10).  I have absolutely zero motivation to do anything these days.  I was creating music a month ago, which I had enjoyed doing, but now I can't even do that anymore because of my depression and because I'm frankly losing motivation to do so and I have no ideas.  That was sort of important to me because it was one of few things that kept me happy and gave me reason to do stuff other than sloth around in bed all day.  Atlas doesn't seem to be filling the void for me, either, whether it's my routine shtposting or Atlasia stuff or whatever.  Right now I'm pretty much just lying in bed waiting to fall asleep, which is hard as it is because my sleep patterns are already fcked up and have been for years.

I just don't know what to do anymore.  I'm not looking for pity or anything, and maybe part of me even deserves it for being such an asshole on here all the time (which in large part is rooted in my general cynicism and anger about my personal situation), but I can't really find anything to justify my existence on this earth anymore seeing as I contribute basically jack sht to it.

I feel like this is my fault and there's something I could be doing to change it, but I don't know what it is.  I'm losing more and more of myself.

Try making someone smile. There is nothing better to contribute to this world than love and joy, especially when there is so little of it today.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1608 on: December 01, 2016, 12:39:41 PM »

Last time I felt like this, I went for a long, aimless drive over a weekend without any particular destination in mind, and it helped a lot. I don't know if you have a car to do the same, but maybe just take a random mini-vacation to somewhere you're unfamiliar with and just hang out there. It'll rattle your senses and help build up a sense of place. Just my two cents.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1609 on: December 01, 2016, 12:55:17 PM »

I literally went through the same thing a few weeks ago. I think I'm on a upswing at last but I'm not fully back to where I want to be myself, Scott. I'm sorry you're going through this. My period like that was plagued by basically the same symptoms: boredom with everything, lack of energy or motivation, and on top of that, random rages at the slightest problem (like losing my keys in the apartment). I didn't talk to anyone or try and go back on the Abilify (which didn't do anything anyway), and just waited it out.

My advice is to avoid places of great stress; my trip home was hit and miss (I saw Bob Dylan which I think sustained me through the rest of the week having to deal with my parent's attempts to convince me to go back on the Abilify and my dog dying) and try and go off somewhere new if you can. I used to take long walks that'd last me all day in past episodes like this or take drives like Crumpet's mentioned. Anyway, it'll get better soon enough (and trust me, I hated hearing that trite, empty statement everyday from everyone I talked about it with during late October-mid November, but it is slightly true-I am, slowly but surely, crawling out of this one).

I tend to get depressed in the fall. It's a seasonal thing. Every year, for four or five years now, each one longer and worse than the last. Do you experience anything like that?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1610 on: December 01, 2016, 03:56:21 PM »

Broke down at work today and got sent home for the rest of the week. FML.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1611 on: December 01, 2016, 04:14:58 PM »

Broke down at work today and got sent home for the rest of the week. FML.
I have pretty obvious issues at temperament as most here know. If you burn bridges, you burn bridges. You hated it there anyway, look at this as a blessing in disguise.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1612 on: December 01, 2016, 06:15:28 PM »

It's kind of hard for me to avoid places of stress seeing as I'm kind of trapped in a hotel.  It's sad because my hometown in CT had a nice bike/walking path in the forest that would help me cool off, but places like that in Virginia Beach are sparse.  (This is partly why I hate living in cities.)

I actually don't feel that impacted by weather, though it was nicer in the summer and fall when I could go chill outside and compose my songs/read/post/etc.

I'm kind of forced to just take the days as they come.  Hope for some spark of inspiration or sudden euphoria or whatever.  Sometimes I'm just going to be stuck with really bad days and I can't do much about it, thanks to my depression and mood swings and such.  The meds I take are basically sht and even the dope doesn't phase me that much.  Who knew.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1613 on: December 02, 2016, 12:07:46 AM »

Lately, my emotions have been changing, I tend to get angrier easily and lash out at people then next day I'm at the point of tears at work or at home...

wtf is wrong with me?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1614 on: December 02, 2016, 06:15:13 PM »

Lately, my emotions have been changing, I tend to get angrier easily and lash out at people then next day I'm at the point of tears at work or at home...

wtf is wrong with me?

Have you considered seeing a psychiatrist?  It sounds like you could be dealing with bipolar disorder or something similar, or maybe it's post-election grievance like I've been going through...
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1615 on: December 03, 2016, 06:48:37 AM »

I find for me in the last month it's gone in cycles- I've had some days where I've just gone to my lectures/seminars not talked to anyone, and just gone home and watched crappy tv all day in bed.

The only thing I find is actually making an effort to do stuff- I went out with my friends last week after feeling crap for the whole week and had a pretty fun night out in town (which I hadn't had in ages) I think most people go through having days (and weeks) where they feel crap, and in my case I have no experience why.

In other news- my twitter friendship with John Weaver continues. He's asked me to send me my bio, and is giving me career advice- it's weird to say the least
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1616 on: December 03, 2016, 08:57:29 AM »

I find for me in the last month it's gone in cycles- I've had some days where I've just gone to my lectures/seminars not talked to anyone, and just gone home and watched crappy tv all day in bed.

The only thing I find is actually making an effort to do stuff- I went out with my friends last week after feeling crap for the whole week and had a pretty fun night out in town (which I hadn't had in ages) I think most people go through having days (and weeks) where they feel crap, and in my case I have no experience why.

In other news- my twitter friendship with John Weaver continues. He's asked me to send me my bio, and is giving me career advice- it's weird to say the least

A Republican strategist is giving you career advice? Tongue
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1617 on: December 03, 2016, 11:08:56 AM »

A Republican strategist is giving you career advice? Tongue

God knows why Tongue When it comes to work I've been sleazy enough to work for a tory MP in the past
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1618 on: December 03, 2016, 11:44:08 AM »

We got a new cat last night to replace our 17 year old who died last summer. She's 5 and probably had a tough life since she's had no takers at the shelter since she arrived there last March. She seems pretty independent which will work fine for us and our busy lifestyle.

However I didn't get much time to interact with her. I had to get up at 3:30 this morning to catch a flight to DC. Now I'm in DC for a two day conference, so I get to see the cat again later tomorrow when I get home.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1619 on: December 04, 2016, 09:22:22 PM »

I had a great trip to Washington.  I went up the Lincoln Memorial, saw the Washington Monument and the White House, and took a tour of the Capitol.

Our guide allowed my small tour group into John Thune's office.  I sat in Thune's chair and on his desk were a half-eaten bag of jelly beans and a Ronald Reagan mug.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1620 on: December 06, 2016, 04:19:28 PM »

Talked to a nerdy acquaintance at college for the first time in a couple months, he just converted to Norse Paganism.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #1621 on: December 06, 2016, 09:31:01 PM »

One of my professors decided to be cute with his final. Instead of a 4 hour thing like everyone else, he decided to give us a full week...to write a minimum of 27,000 characters. So now I have 3 days to write 16 pages minimum comparing how a Burkini ban would work in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the equivalent action in the French legal system. While at the same time preparing for three other exams that are all within a week. AND since this is law school 100% of your grade comes from the exam; doing poorly on any of them means doing bad in the class.

Not good!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1622 on: December 06, 2016, 09:32:44 PM »

One of my professors decided to be cute with his final. Instead of a 4 hour thing like everyone else, he decided to give us a full week...to write a minimum of 27,000 characters. So now I have 3 days to write 16 pages minimum comparing how a Burkini ban would work in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the equivalent action in the French legal system. While at the same time preparing for three other exams that are all within a week. AND since this is law school 100% of your grade comes from the exam; doing poorly on any of them means doing bad in the class.

Not good!

Yikes!

At least some solace is the upcoming Winter Holidays (at least that is for me)

Good luck, my friend.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1623 on: December 06, 2016, 09:49:25 PM »

Not good!

Making anyone write about the disaster that's the French legal system is bad, even without a task that big.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1624 on: December 06, 2016, 10:03:59 PM »

I tend to get depressed in the fall. It's a seasonal thing. Every year, for four or five years now, each one longer and worse than the last. Do you experience anything like that?

I am not sure if it was depression, but yes, I was a wreck last September. This episode was the worst one by far because it came with physical anxiety symptoms, especially shortness of breath, and my main way of relaxing is to take long walks! Having no other outlet is what finally made me join Atlas.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies