Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:34:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115655 times)
kcguy
Romania

« on: February 18, 2016, 09:16:28 PM »

There's someone I've only met a handful of times and haven't thought about in years.

Today he announced that he was running for state representative, and I immediately sent him a Facebook friend request, because I thought it would be cool to see his perspective.  It occurred to me afterwards that he's probably wondering now who the heck I am.

(I assume his chances are pretty good, since he was prepared to launch a campaign mere hours after the incumbent announced that he wasn't seeking re-election.)
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 08:08:05 PM »

Here at UCLA, some professors seem to love the "daylong exam" model, when you get your question and have a number of hours (8 in a case, 24 in the other) to answer it. Both end up being hectic for me, though.

How does this work?  Or do you only have one class a day?

I remember a semester as an undergraduate where I had 9 hours of class on Thursday but only 3 on Friday.  If my 7:30am class on Thursday had a 8-hour or even 24-hour deadline, that would have been impossible without skipping other classes.

Although, I guess I had something similar, but not as bad.  Lab reports were due within 48 hours of my physics lab.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 07:08:34 PM »

WHy would anyone live in a town called Lynchburg?

There's a playground around 15 minutes away from my house called Lynch Park. The implications are rather unfortunate.

A few months ago, I was going to visit friends, and my usual route was under construction.  I got lost, and I wound up at Raper Park.

When I lived in Virginia years ago, one of my co-workers mentioned a misconception he had growing up.  He thought Black people lived in Blacksburg and Christian people lived in Christiansburg, and he knew he didn't ever want to go to Lynchburg.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 08:02:56 PM »

My flight landed at the Kansas City airport at 3:45 today.

At 4:10, they shut down the airport due to tornados and sent us to the tunnels leading to the parking garage. (Even the people on the secure side of the checkpoints were sent to the tunnels.) At 4:30, they released us.

Then came the torrential downpours and the lightning, so no workers were outside unloading the planes. I got to watch the outgoing passengers file back through the security checkpoints, although I never did any of the lines completely disappear.

At 6:00, I got my luggage and left the airport.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 06:49:58 PM »

I tried to sign up for the Friends of the Library at the university down the street, so I could borrow book. But they said they required a water or utility bill. But, I don't get those, since this is included in my rent.  I can only guess they do it this way as an underhanded way to discriminate against non-homeowners.   that sh**t.

Would they accept a copy of your lease?
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 08:43:31 AM »

I'm a morning person, and I hate how dark the mornings are getting.   It shouldn't feel like the middle of the night at 7:00am.  I'll be glad when Daylight Savings Time is over.

DST is always about 3 weeks too long in both spring and fall.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 09:19:21 PM »

Yesterday my mother, who turned sixty on Sunday, went to the emergency room with some pancreatic somesuch and now she's home and more or less fine but can't have anything to eat other than clear liquids. My father made her some turkey broth so she could get at least a little bit of the Thanksgiving spirit, but she's still not exactly happy.

I had to go on Ensure once for five days.  Nothing but that and water.  And those five days included Christmas, so I decided to skip all the family functions that year, because it would have been just too awkward.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies