Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:57:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115781 times)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: February 29, 2016, 11:12:39 PM »

Wow. The next time it's February 29, we'll be looking back at the first four years of the [TRUMP De La Fuente Administration and talking about her bid for reelection. How about them apples.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 07:47:43 AM »

I finally answered a campaign call (accidentally) this evening after missing the last three poll calls. It was Bernie Sanders volunteers. So, it is customary to politely lie to these people about who you are voting for, correct? Cuz I don't think I could've gotten into it with them tonight.

I never think it customary to politely lie to canvassers. They are trying to identify support that will help the campaign determine where it will spend resources. If they were given any training they should be able to handle a polite refusal without getting into a debate with the voter. The refusal tells the campaign what it needs to know and the volunteer can move quickly on to the next prospect.
Muon is correct. When canvassing, we are not allowed to say more than "Thanks, have a good day" if you saying you vpte GOP or Clinton. I would rather have a polite refusal than a lie about who you are voting for.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 12:28:48 PM »

Things generally look promising for me.  My depression has lessened (but is still there), I feel more successful and productive, and I'm definitely excited about my upcoming job with the county government.  I'm still a bit lonely, but I am making more friends than ever.

Awesome! Don't forget about us when you have your fancy-schmancy new job, hehe!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 07:52:30 PM »

Got a cold and my paranasal sinuses are killing me.
I have the flu and I can say I COMPLETELY empathize with you.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2016, 07:33:55 PM »

Just missed my bus stop and had to walk home an extra nine blocks.  I'm such an idiot... -_-
One time, my bus broke down so I had to get out and walk, but someone I was walking with took a wrong turn because she thought it was a shortcut and I had to walk, like, two more miles.

When I was travelling in Latin America, our travel bus got stuck in quicksand (not joking). And we had to push it out.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 04:54:50 PM »

I may be moving to Scotland for a month. Meh.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 03:25:46 PM »

Tonight, I went out to eat for my dad's birthday but my stomach started acting up and I got a rash (presumably from different sources). I almost threw up at least twice. We had to go home because I wasn't feeling well. Heck my life.

Hope you feel better!

Agreed.

Also, I had to do some heavy lifting for band (stupid percussion) and I snapped a couple muscle in my neck while twisting. I now have a neck brace and during testing I had to stand up and bend over to look down. Ugh.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 02:16:37 AM »

Graduated from college today! I now have a bachelor's degree in International Studies with Honors.

Congrats!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 03:18:42 PM »

My great-grandmother passed on Tuesday at the age of 95

I'm very sorry Sad Fortunately, she had a long life.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2016, 09:05:00 PM »

NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 03:21:32 PM »

Glad to see you're alright, Virginia.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 12:03:51 AM »

Due to events that have arisen in my life, I will be withdrawing from the forum for an undetermined period of time. I ask for your thoughts and prayers.

Kindly,
Isaac

I sincerely hope you are okay, my friend. I look forward to your (hopeful) swift return! My thoughts and prayers are with you in every way. If you need anything from my end, please PM me. Until the next time. *salutes*
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 07:45:04 PM »

I have finally defected to the dark side, at least for a while.

YAY!!!!!

Welcome to REAL Atlasia.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 02:16:42 PM »

I had to drop a class because mental health.

Good luck, shua.

ETA: Also, my mother has been appointed Assistant Town Administrator of ______, Massachusetts, with an option to become Town Administrator in a few years when the incumbent retires. It's a hill town with about two thousand people.

Congrats on your appointment!

I wish you the best, Shua.

It looks like I will get to visit Washington DC for the first time.  I will speak at a conference in Fairfax, Virginia in early December.

Welcome to Virginia!

I go to the surgeon tomorrow, see if he can do anything for my reflux.

Good luck, shua!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2016, 01:39:34 PM »

Just started watching a CNN program on Netflix called 'Race to the White House'. One of the better programs about various elections I've seen for a while- first episode is on 1988.

I liked it. But if you get into that and finish, there is a new Program on PBS called "The Contender, 16 in 16." Really awesome show, focuses on the candidates, rather than elections. I just saw one on Goldwater and Reagan, really interesting.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2016, 09:32:44 PM »

One of my professors decided to be cute with his final. Instead of a 4 hour thing like everyone else, he decided to give us a full week...to write a minimum of 27,000 characters. So now I have 3 days to write 16 pages minimum comparing how a Burkini ban would work in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the equivalent action in the French legal system. While at the same time preparing for three other exams that are all within a week. AND since this is law school 100% of your grade comes from the exam; doing poorly on any of them means doing bad in the class.

Not good!

Yikes!

At least some solace is the upcoming Winter Holidays (at least that is for me)

Good luck, my friend.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 05:22:57 PM »

Just realized it's been 10 years since I started smoking.

Ugh. Kal, you gotta stop that man.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 03:50:05 PM »

Scott, please talk to us if you need anything. We hope you are okay, and are wishing you the best!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies