Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:34:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115589 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« on: March 11, 2016, 04:05:39 PM »

Attempting to sell a short story to an online science fiction magazine.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 09:51:42 PM »

Attempting to sell a short story to an online science fiction magazine.

I had one published last year.

Really? Where can I read it?

Also, it got rejected.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:54:36 PM »

It's my birthday!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 12:17:53 PM »

My wife is pregnant. Did you know you can still be surprised at the news even if you are actively trying to have a baby?

Congratulations! That's awesome.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 10:00:21 AM »

My grandpa, the one who had the fall back in early August, is a real oxymoron. He'd been told specifically he shouldn't drive for three months, but guess what he's doing... I mean seriously, you just can't reach him.

Oh, he did promise me not to drive anywhere "too far", but this day he drove like 300 km.

Just make certain you aren't in the car when he drives.  Otherwise, you might get in a bad accident.

Seriously, I'm worried every time he's sitting behind the wheel. I'd rather be in the car with him when he drives so I may be able to react, than leave the stubborn old man on his own.

I mean I've considered disabling his damn car, but given how stubborn he is, it wouldn't accomplish anything.

I hate to ask for advice online, but anybody got an idea?

"Lose" his Keys for a couple of months, and when the time he should've started driving comes in is when you can "find" them.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 05:11:10 PM »

My grandpa, the one who had the fall back in early August, is a real oxymoron. He'd been told specifically he shouldn't drive for three months, but guess what he's doing... I mean seriously, you just can't reach him.

Oh, he did promise me not to drive anywhere "too far", but this day he drove like 300 km.

Just make certain you aren't in the car when he drives.  Otherwise, you might get in a bad accident.

Seriously, I'm worried every time he's sitting behind the wheel. I'd rather be in the car with him when he drives so I may be able to react, than leave the stubborn old man on his own.

I mean I've considered disabling his damn car, but given how stubborn he is, it wouldn't accomplish anything.

"Lose" his Keys for a couple of months, and when the time he should've started driving comes in is when you can "find" them.

Yeah, that's the problem. He'd more likely get a heart attack or move the mountains to get the new one asap.

OK, I understand him: if I were him, I'd be pretty eager to function normally again, but just month ago he was basically immobile. "But I've been driving for 50 years", is his usual response. So f**king what? I'm 28 but if I had such an accident, I'd be precluded from doing some normal stuff for a couple of months as well.

I can't watch him permanently.

Do you know anyone nearby that could help watch him?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 10:35:16 AM »

Looks like not only my RL first name had been revealed to the forum, but I've got sucked into the Atlas again. Thanks "Damian93", you asshole.

Yeah, that's the problem. He'd more likely get a heart attack or move the mountains to get the new one asap.

OK, I understand him: if I were him, I'd be pretty eager to function normally again, but just month ago he was basically immobile. "But I've been driving for 50 years", is his usual response. So f**king what? I'm 28 but if I had such an accident, I'd be precluded from doing some normal stuff for a couple of months as well.

I can't watch him permanently.

Do you know anyone nearby that could help watch him?

Yes, I know, fortunately. Makes things a bit easier.

That's good. Keep us posted?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »

Awesome news, wish you guys a happy life.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2016, 11:30:55 AM »

Bought a s**tload of books again.

Soon I won't have any space left for other things, lol.

I love and hate when I do that.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 04:56:35 PM »

Just finished my other writing project, having reached to page 373.

Now, I'll die out of boredom.

That's funny, I just started a writing project.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 04:53:04 PM »

Will it be a book, or something else?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 03:33:03 PM »

Does anyone know how to watch PBS in the UK?

Better question: why would you want to watch PBS?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 09:34:59 PM »

Even me?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2016, 01:57:03 PM »

What do depression, stress, anxiety, crippling loneliness, a million problems, and a legion of people who mean well who ends up making things worse have in common? Me.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 11:41:36 AM »

I've been talking to our dearly departed friend Tmthforu94 recently and he told me that he cast an early vote for Trump.

Omg why would you phrase it that way, especially under the circumstances in which he left! At first glance of your post I thought the worst

Yeah, dude. I thought he was dead Tongue

Can we please stop declaring each others dead?

Says the dead one, you just want the afterlife for yourself!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 08:17:26 PM »

Went to the Trump rally. Waited two hours in traffic on I-10 and barely moved a mile. A state trooper pulled along the side of the road and told us that they were not accepting any more traffic, so I got into the other lane and pulled off at the exit to turn around (the next exit is 25 miles east and I already thought I wasted enough time). Long story short, I saw people parking on the round-about exit's swale, so I joined then. Ran into some Johnson/Weld people that included a friend I hadn't seen in five years. We went into the rally (about ~3,000 people in a cow field) but split up because they were their to cause trouble and protest. I did invite him and his group of libertarian friends to come over and take part in the libertarian ritual of smoking the peace pipe though.

Were they successful in their mission to cause trouble?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2016, 02:26:26 PM »

These past two days were the first time in at least a year that a forum feud has genuinely gotten at me emotionally. That probably came across in my posts. I'm better now, if anyone cares.

Another thing that happened to me yesterday is that a guy approached me while I was walking on campus, tried to strike conversation in a very rapid and forced way, and then ended up calling over a girl which I'm not clear if he knew before or was another stranger he randomly picked up. Anyway, he said he wanted to hang out and asked us to exchange phone numbers. I was seriously creeped out by the whole thing, but because I'm always too trusting and didn't have the emotional resources to say no to anyone around that time, I went along taking hers and giving her mine. They both left almost immediately.

So, the question is, assuming this is a scam of some kind, what's the worst thing that could happen to me? They only have my phone number, right, so the worst that could happen is that I get spammed with calls, right? They can't steal any information or screw me over in any way, right?

I don't know man, but that is extremely suspicious.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 10:27:36 AM »

I just got humiliated on Twitter by a semi-prominent #NeverTrumper because I made a two-tweet thread, realized how stupid it was, and deleted tweet one but forgot tweet two, which looked even stupider without tweet one, and she replied and totally cucked me, and I tweeted at her like five times in an attempt to correct it, and blearrgh

The first step in correcting that is avoiding use of the term "stupider."
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 03:19:14 PM »

I just got humiliated on Twitter by a semi-prominent #NeverTrumper because I made a two-tweet thread, realized how stupid it was, and deleted tweet one but forgot tweet two, which looked even stupider without tweet one, and she replied and totally cucked me, and I tweeted at her like five times in an attempt to correct it, and blearrgh

The first step in correcting that is avoiding use of the term "stupider."

I'm just going to apologize for that trainwreck of a post right now -- at the same time that the Twitter fiasco was going on, there was other IRL stuff freaking me out, and I wasn't even close to thinking straight.

It's alright, bro.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 09:45:51 PM »

A friend of mine killed herself today. We weren't super close but I'm still feel like I could cry. And I'm so worried right now. So many of my friends are depressed, suicidal. And sometimes one suicide triggers more. I want to talk to my best friend about this but he is extremely depressed. I don't want to push him over the edge. So I'm telling y'all instead.
Sorry for your loss.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2016, 08:48:11 PM »

Just had a date with a very cute girl. We talked for two and a half hours (I had to go to work) but she said we should do it again sometime. Which is lit.

Nice, good job.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2016, 12:13:50 PM »

Shtty situation right now.  I'd complain about it over Facebook again, but I don't want to be "that guy."  So I'll just do it here.

Basically I just slept the entire day today.  Woke up at 10 PM or something (more accurately, I slept until 6, did some stuff, went back to sleep and woke up again at 10).  I have absolutely zero motivation to do anything these days.  I was creating music a month ago, which I had enjoyed doing, but now I can't even do that anymore because of my depression and because I'm frankly losing motivation to do so and I have no ideas.  That was sort of important to me because it was one of few things that kept me happy and gave me reason to do stuff other than sloth around in bed all day.  Atlas doesn't seem to be filling the void for me, either, whether it's my routine shtposting or Atlasia stuff or whatever.  Right now I'm pretty much just lying in bed waiting to fall asleep, which is hard as it is because my sleep patterns are already fcked up and have been for years.

I just don't know what to do anymore.  I'm not looking for pity or anything, and maybe part of me even deserves it for being such an asshole on here all the time (which in large part is rooted in my general cynicism and anger about my personal situation), but I can't really find anything to justify my existence on this earth anymore seeing as I contribute basically jack sht to it.

I feel like this is my fault and there's something I could be doing to change it, but I don't know what it is.  I'm losing more and more of myself.

Sorry for the bawwww fest.

Try making someone smile. There is nothing better to contribute to this world than love and joy, especially when there is so little of it today.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2016, 04:19:43 PM »

My attempts to get a short story published have all failed so far, but I must not give up hope!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2016, 02:37:42 PM »

I have a pretty personal moral question I would appreciate someone's advice on. Is there anyone I could shoot a PM to?

I can give you my best advice.

My attempts to get a short story published have all failed so far, but I must not give up hope!

Writing for money is not something most people can succeed in.  Are you trying to get your story published in a magazine?

Right now, I've attempted to get it in a couple online magazines. I'll make an attempt for paper magazines once I learn a bit more about them.

Don't give up for sure. I've been there too.

Did you get published?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2016, 08:11:32 PM »

Are you committed to fiction writing? There's a market for non-fiction in the form of technical writing. My wife makes a good living at it with only a BA in Philosophy.

Yeah, but I'll probably do a couple non fiction projects.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies