Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:56:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 115628 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« on: February 16, 2016, 09:52:51 PM »
« edited: February 16, 2016, 10:00:08 PM by Ted Bessell, Bass God of the West »

I have advanced to the next stage of auditioning for Jeopardy!. I'll probably do decently if not that great on a second testing portion (and probably the "personality test," whatever that is), but what I'm ost worried about is the gameplay skill test. When the Bessell household watches Jeopardy!, I've been known to get ahead of myself and respond even if I'm not sure of the correct answer. We'll see how it goes, but I'm just proud that I made it this far.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 10:09:30 PM »

My neighbor got the cops called on her last night because she saw a Hillary sign on her neighbors lawn so she stripped naked and started streaking down the street in a fit of rage while screaming that the Jews were in control of Trump who is letting Hillary take over the world....

I'm not even kidding...

Did this neighbor happen to be ProgressiveCanadian?

I thought ProgressiveCanadian was a man. ProgressiveCanadienne?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 10:22:04 PM »

My neighbor got the cops called on her last night because she saw a Hillary sign on her neighbors lawn so she stripped naked and started streaking down the street in a fit of rage while screaming that the Jews were in control of Trump who is letting Hillary take over the world....

I'm not even kidding...

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Wait, people do that?

My world is collapsing around me...
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 10:33:11 PM »

I'm not even kidding...

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Wait, people do that?

My world is collapsing around me...

I'm pretty sure PC is an alien from Krypton or something like that.

PC is Superman? Does that mean he's Kent's sock?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 06:01:03 PM »

I learned earlier this morning that my band director just scheduled two major events on March 1 and March 15 that will last far into the evening.

no super tuesday and no il/oh/fl/nc/mo

fml
I have the same problem, we have practice for our school musical on March 1st, which means I can't bring my grandma to vote.

I (sort of) know the feeling. The Director (of my orchestra) scheduled events on the same nights as the debates. Multiple times.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 07:07:45 PM »

This didn't belong in another thread, so I thought I'd post it here. I had a dream that these were the Republican Nevada results:
Trump: 56%
Cruz: 14%
Rubio: 12%
Kasich: High single digits
Bush: IDK, might have dropped out
Carson: IDK, might have dropped out
I don't remember anything else but Trump declaring victory. Let's hope this isn't a vision of the future.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 01:05:30 AM »

Awww, Cathcon, sweetie, trying to understand, engage or combat the scourge of cognitive dissonance on mankind and politics will only give you high blood pressure and popped blood vessels. You need to tune them out asap!

Sometimes ignorance truly is bliss Smiley

Yuppers. I have to deal with mindless people of various (but mainly liberal, although there's a neo-Nazi or two in there) ideologies every day, but generally try to tune it out. There's an old saying: you can't reason a man out of a position he wasn't reasoned into. So, sometimes it's better just not to try.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 12:37:05 AM »

We're playing a Serenade for Strings by a certain protégé of Dvorak, but we aren't doing so hot. I guess you could say it... SUKS!

If you got that pun, you might be a band nerd.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 01:17:51 AM »

We're playing a Serenade for Strings by a certain protégé of Dvorak, but we aren't doing so hot. I guess you could say it... SUKS!

XD

We're playing part of Dvorak's New World Symphony right now; it says Ninth on the sheet music but I'm confused because it's also Fifth or something like that.

That's one of my faves. Which movement?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 11:25:48 AM »

XD

We're playing part of Dvorak's New World Symphony right now; it says Ninth on the sheet music but I'm confused because it's also Fifth or something like that.

That's one of my faves. Which movement?

Last one.

Lol, you're playing the one that John Williams (probably) copied the "Jaws" theme from.

My fave as always the second one. We (sorta) get a walking bass-line -- in orchestra music! You don't see that every day.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 10:32:27 PM »

Congrats! We're all rooting for you!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 10:45:39 PM »

I was lucky enough to see General Petraeus speak at a Reagan Library forum last night. Here are some highlights:
-Petraeus is a very well-spoken man. His intelligence really shows in how he answered questions from the moderator and the audience, and I particularly liked an answer he gave to a moderator question about the lessons of the Vietnam War. The introduction could have been shorter, though -- the General gave long, detailed answers, and as a result there weren't a great variety of questions before we had to head off to dinner (in the Air Force One hangar. MLG, amirite).
-There were a few semi-prominent politicos in attendance: Assemblyman Scott Wilk, former Governor Pete Wilson, and former Congressman Elton Gallegly.
-We ended up seated next to a nice, older gentleman who'd been a big donor to the party since the late 1980's. However, he said this in casual conversation:

"You aren't old enough to remember the 1968 Democratic National Convention, but... the SDS came in and protested and rioted and shut the whole thing down. This time, we have Black Lives Matter organizing things that will make that look like peanuts... They'll give Obama an excuse to declare martial law. You know, he already has the executive orders written up."

So, that was a bit interesting.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2016, 01:14:44 PM »

There is now communist graffiti on a nearby building.

Welcome to Campaign 2016
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 07:49:13 PM »

Went to the Doctor today, turns out a build of fluid and pressure caused my ear drum to burst. I won't be able to hear out of my right eat for the next few months. Luckily, I'm on enough pain killer to make a Clydesdale see stars, so it doesn't hurt too much.

Sad. Hope you feel better soon.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 10:11:15 PM »

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 06:03:58 PM »

I never really understood how a true love triangle could work without one or more of those involved being bisexual/homosexual. Among heterosexuals, I suppose one would only be able to form a mere love angle.

If you have non-heteros, there are no limits to the number of sides in the lovegon.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 04:37:23 PM »

OC may be gone, but his memes will live on
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2016, 02:22:26 PM »

I finally realized that I always far-and-away underestimate my audition performances.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2016, 10:54:52 PM »

Tongue, feel better soon.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2016, 03:47:32 PM »

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2016, 11:56:25 PM »

Yeah, that seems like something to tell the cops about, especially since there's a chance he comes back even more angry.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2016, 01:31:12 PM »

So I'm sick with a terrible cough and I really hurt my wrist 'cause I fell down the stairs. On top of that I have to study for finals. :/

Feel better soon Sad
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2016, 02:23:49 PM »

I'm going to Raleigh on Monday to serve as a page in the NC House of Representatives. I thought today was Saturday so I was planning to pack tomorrow, but apparently it's Sunday already. Tongue

I'm also quite sad at the moment because of, you know, things, but hopefully I'll get lucky.

Have fun, and don't feel down. You'll have a great time.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2016, 09:51:33 PM »

last Monday I took my cat into the vet to get her vaccinations and a check up. She hadn't been eating much at all in the past few days at that point, and it turns out she had lost a fair bit of weight.  So the vet took a blood sample for my cat for some tests. I took her home and that night she started eating again, and has been since then. But on Wednesday i heard back about the blood tests, and the vet was concerned, said she has some warning signs for kidney or liver disease or possibly cancer.  So I take her in for an ultrasound tomorrow. I really really hope and pray to God it's not something that can't be treated.  She's so important in my life right now, it would turn my world upside down if anything happened to her. I realize that's a lot of responsibility to place on a cat, but that's how I feel.

I hope she's alright Sad
Good luck
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2016, 04:44:16 PM »

Glad he's alright, #TSA.

Brown Line, was that not just a bit uncalled for?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies